Sign in to follow this  
BenEvans

Project M30B35-E30

yea ur on the right track there jono..

that engine set up would be awsum but as there is also alot needing done on the body side of the car i cannot afford to heavily modify the engine.. but hopefully later down the track i can pull it out again and make it ultimate.

i should hopfully have the mounts made up and it sitting in my mock up car by the end of next week.

i realisd i havent posted any pics of the engine... and wish i had done a before and after shot because it was one of the dirtyist engines id seen.. anyway here are some pics as it is now.. Enjoy!

post-2580-1277188682.jpg

post-2580-1277188691.jpg

post-2580-1277188699.jpg

also the valve cover is going to be powder coated the same blue as on the BMW badge and the stripes and 'BMW' will be painted white.. all to match the badge.

if anyone knows the paint code of that blue plz let me know..

cheerz

^ Sorta similar to what you have planned, but I had this on at one stage on my E30:

Posted Image

It is just the light blue (reasonably similar to BMW blue) engine enamel hi temp spray paint from Superheap the 'Prestone' brand or whatever it is, I just sanded the raised edges. Have fun masking the lines white :rolleyes:

Engine looks great though man, keep it up.

Edited by Brams

yea similar to that.. but much darker... possibly even slightly darker than the beamer blue. and im gunna get it professionaly done just so its mint :)

looking into the engine brackets now... still waiting for some pay so will probly be sorting it next week.

also painted the grill black on the m325i and cleaned it b4 storing her away.. thought i beta take some photos first tho. sorry for the bad quality, camera was playing up.

post-2580-1277200213.jpg

post-2580-1277200221.jpg

what you use to clean the motor? u get anything sandblasted by any chance

just alooot of degreaser. no slandblasting done.

Update!

Progress has been slow to say the least.. now that im back at uni ive had very little time to get things done.

but over the last few weeks i have basically put the engine back togeather all ready to be taken down to get the engine mounts welded up (finally!) so that will be late this week or early next.

as for the car, it has been lowered on some un-known springs (which makes me a bit nevous) but it seems to ride nice and it sits about perfect... so they will do for now. my best guess would be Jamex but im not 100%

i have also brought some rims as the 15's were just a bit small. they are 17x9 at the rear and 17x8 at the front. ive also had to have custom 10mm spacers made at the front and 5mm at the back.

i am also in the process of ordering solid bushes for the rear subframe. i have gone for all solid except the main subframe bushes, in the hope that the solids will stiffen it all up but the rubber bushes will still reduce road vibration through to the chassis...?

anyway here are some pics of the car with the rims, let me know what u think. cheers

post-2580-1280182897.jpg

post-2580-1280182911.jpg

post-2580-1280182916.jpg

post-2580-1280182920.jpg

Edited by Ben-E30

:o

Woah, looks really nice. Where is that first picture? I know the artist

Edited by Blackie

Love the wheels and height!

:o

Woah, looks really nice. Where is that last picture? I know the Tagger

Fixed..... Artists normaly paint on their own property or on things that belong to them

Fixed..... Artists normaly paint on their own property or on things that belong to them

haha fair enough Glenn, he actually makes a living as an artist though

They usually get permission for detailed peices like that too, so you never know!

bbs- the bushes are being imported from the uk

the pic was taken on a side street off Pit street in Auckland city.

and cheers for the comments guys, im so far pretty happy with the results, now just cant wait to drop the 3.5ltr beast in the 'bay.

yeah nice car man. im digging the wheels too. it will be a quick beast when its done. these motors go well when in e30s.

The wheels are Seiken NK's or something

there similar to the OZ rims ive seen on e30/36 but the spokes are abit more squarish which suits the e30 quite well.

actually just found out that Seiken also known as NKB make kits and stuff for BMWs so they cant be too bad ;)

actually just found out that Seiken also known as NKB make kits and stuff for BMWs so they cant be too bad ;)

hey, they are my old wheels! I saw them on a Golf 3 and managed to convince the car dealer to part with them! I had them on my E30. I should try and dig up a photo.

BTW: the car looks awesome!

cheers for the comments guys, always love to hear what ppl think.. its taken me alot of money and 6 previous e30s to get to this one but it is by far my favorite.

e38king it would be awsum to see some previous pics of the wheels if u can find them. are u the guy i brought them off? or a previous owner?

also an update (if u could call it one) the engine and mock up shell will be going to the workshop this wednesday - fingers crossed - to get the mounts made up... it keeps getting postponed so hopefully this will be the week!