Sign in to follow this  
BenEvans

Project M30B35-E30

Woah missed this. Looks really cool man.

Awesome project should haul once the engines in and running mint, those rims really set the car alive too, love them!

Not really part of the project but went on a coastie e30 cruze last nite so thought id stick up some pics.. there not the best pics, forgot to take the camera <_<

post-2580-1281146353.jpg

post-2580-1281146357.jpg

post-2580-1281146361.jpg

post-2580-1281146365.jpg

post-2580-1281146368.jpg

post-2580-1281146372.jpg

post-2580-1281146376.jpg

post-2580-1281146379.jpg

Edited by Ben-E30

Got the mock up shell, engine, gearbox and all the other peices down to the mechanics and left it with them. went down today to talk to them about what to do.

The plan is to get some standard m30 engine mounts and put them on with the engine in the 'bay, see where they sit and if they are close to the rubber mounts we will look at modifiying the cross member to change the possition of the rubber mounts so we can use the standard steel mounts (which should be easier than welding up custom ones).

will get some pics of the engine hopefully getting shoehorned into the engine bay next week.

Looking real good man, loving the wheels!

Nice! ... completely missed this as well. Nice choice in wheels .. they look really unique and suit that colour.

Update.

spent all morning down at the workshop sqeezing the engine and gearbox into place.

At the moment the engine is just sitting there, the mounts should be getting welded up soon.

im also going to pick up an M10 manual driveshaft and gearbox cross member tomorrow which should all bolt up like normal. then once the mounts are made it will be ready to get hooked up to the loom and ecu and get it running.

post-2580-1282543721.jpg

post-2580-1282543725.jpg

post-2580-1282543729.jpg

post-2580-1282543734.jpg

post-2580-1282543738.jpg

post-2580-1282543743.jpg

post-2580-1282543747.jpg

post-2580-1282543751.jpg

Cool use of seatbelt! And the wheels are great.

We do that all the time at work seatbelts are strong as hell as long as there not frayed. Awesome work mate.

Woah missed this. Looks really cool man.

Ditto!!

This is the bee's knees!! Awesome dude! Tek-1 FTMFW!!

cheers guys,

was awsum to finaly see it in the car.

and i know what u mean Matt i was expecting it to stand out but it looks as tho it belongs haha.

will hopefully be faster prgress now that its in too

Went in search of a driveshaft and transmission cross member today

thanks to Brent and his team, we found one from an e36 that fits perfectly. so thanks for that guys.

and thanks to Ray, found a random transmission mount that also fits perfectly! so a pretty successful day as they were basically the last two things needed. now its just a matter of welding up the mounts and and getting it wired up.

post-2580-1282630141.jpg

post-2580-1282630144.jpg

looks to be moving along quite nicely. Definately be keeping an eye on this project, have been considering doing this exact thing myself... think reading this thread will give me the final motivation to get it underway.

COULD POSSIBLY BE SELLING THE CAR AS IS, WITH THE 2.5 ALL ORIGINAL EXECEPT THE SPRINGS.

link

$7500ono!!

have found another shell which lends itself nicely to the conversion. having second thoughts about potentially ruining the genuine motorsport!

Update on the engine,

mounts have been welded up and the engine is now sitting in the 'bay on its own :D

just a few more parts to be collected and the engine and subframe will be dropped from the car. the flywheel will then get skimmed and everything will be re-assembled including new inlet manifold gaskets, exhaust studs, oil filter housing gasket, etc etc.

then the radiator (from a 635i) will be mounted with a 12" push fan on the outside.

then, hopefully, can get it all wired up and heading towards fireing it up within the next month or so.

also im after an e34 535 or 530 complete exhuast. so if anyone has one they want to get rid of ;)

again, my M325i is for sale and is now on Trademe, will accept lower offers from Bimmersport Members.

M325i on Trademe

Cheers

hay mate do you know what car the gearbox mount is from?

no i dont sorry mate, i think it mite be from an old e21.

what gearbox are u using?? if its the m10 like mine than an m10 mount should work if its the 260 box then i have no idea.. just a matter of trial and error.

yea using the box that came with the 3.5

have you trial fitted the distributor and radiator? may not fit with your engine in that position unles your running the radiator lower? or have you susd that out?

well with that gearbox im not sure what will fit as it doesnt come in an e30 you mite have to custom make something. or my best guess would be a standard 325i mount??

as for the radiator, it has been sat in place and seems to be ok.. is very close to distributor but im hoping it will work. otherwise mite do something like making a front mount radiator??

yeah a front mount rediator may work, i have hit my firewall back quite a bit to make my engine sit further back. with distributor and covers on i have 6cm gap to the front panel. what suspension are you using? i herd that the e30 may understeer quite a bit if the engine isnt sitting very far back.

BACK ON TRACK!

after quite a while of f**king around this project is once again under way and flying...

i recently sold my delphin M325i and brought a NZ new Diamond Shwartz M325i with no engine.

i drove down to Palmy one morning put it on a trailor and drove all the way back to Auckland, getting home at 4am after spending an hour at the cop station coz my mates car had been stollen from where she had parked it in Albany (White Familia with spray painted black top half, Incase anyone has seen it... :ph34r: ).

so i got the car home, spent 2 days deciding whether to put a standard 2.5 in or go all out and get the M30B35 beast finally running... so in the end opted for the responsible choice and am now spending all my savings for pilot school next year ;)

got the car down to the workshop took out the transmission and driveshaft and put the 3.5 in, after giving the engine bay a tidy.

The Injectors also got professionaly cleand and their insides replaced.

post-2580-1290842940.jpg

post-2580-1290842946.jpg

post-2580-1290842952.jpg

post-2580-1290842956.jpg

post-2580-1290842962.jpg

post-2580-1290842966.jpg

post-2580-1290842971.jpg

post-2580-1290842981.jpg

post-2580-1290842986.jpg

post-2580-1290842991.jpg

post-2580-1290842996.jpg

post-2580-1290843002.jpg

i then have spent the last two days buying all the bits neccesary to finish the engine by early next week.

- e46 318i manual driveshaft (i am joining the front half of this to the rear section of the standard 325i one)

- 535i Exhuast down pipes

- 535i Heater pipes

- 535i Throttle cable

- 535i Engine loom

- new oil filter

- new Powersteering/ alternator belts

- new exhaust studs

i am also custom fitting the brake booster vacume pipe to the manifold, as the engine was from an e32 and they didnt use boosters it dosnt have the standard connection.

all four brakes are pretty sh*t so..

- 4x New Rotors

- new Pads

- Braided Brake lines

- and a flush of good fluid

post-2580-1290843008.jpg

thats basically everthing thats happend in the last few days and it will all be getting installed mondat/tuesday and hopefully on the road by the end of next week.