Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

2012 3 Series

post-2173-1275007698.jpg

2012 3 series

Is it just me,or do all new cars look like those cats with the 'pushed in ' noses ?? :lol: :lol:

Guest Simon*

Do not want.

Cat has more appeal.

Why do they persist in coming up with ugly noses and body styles? It looks like a scaled down 5 series GT and I hate that thing too

<_<

People will vote with their feet. Dont worry, humpadink's design standards wont last much longer.

So wrong. I was at BMW today looking for a new car & the showroom had an X1 a 5er GT and a $90k X3 most disappointing really

Guest Simon*

Yeah their shop window is currently a joke. Nicest thing in there is the motorbike!

Yup not a fan of that at all. To be honest i have read so many posts on other boards of people that have upgraded and bought new cars this year who have said its the worst thing they have ever done.

They believe the build quality has gone to the pack and so many of the basic usual features are missing and now only come if you get them as an option.

Such a shame, Dunno if this was a cause of the recession so they have cut back on everything to try and save a few $$ , either way its a stupid mistake leave out the things everybody has come to love and enjoy about bmw's.

In my opinion most of the older styles look so much better than anything they are putting out now. Time to get a new designer i feel.

was hoping BMW were going to keep alternating their 3 series through good and bad but the must have forgot they made a bad E90 lol

(2002=sex on wheels, E21=ew, e30=well duh!?, e36=jap, E46=modern classic, E90=bland looking (even if it goes good!)

Yeah, unfortunately cars these days have to meet real strict frontal impact standards, and be pedestrian friendly, making them all snub-nosed and ugly :(

Function over form makes for one ugly world!

Not good, looks like a small X6.

Yeah, unfortunately cars these days have to meet real strict frontal impact standards, and be pedestrian friendly, making them all snub-nosed and ugly

Like an e30? :D

Yeah, pretty much what everyone else said.

Rather disappointing this is all they can come up with, under the body they are no doubt brilliant, but for the last few years their designs are woeful.

The last good looking BMW is the E46, perhaps the E60 5er is quite nice but other than that they are all wrong as of lately.

What is up with the new X5? The pathetic X1 and 5 Series GT additions? Let alone the ruined 7 series. Sigh

Edited by Mike-E36

Dont like it.

Maybe we could spend an extra 20k on BMW performance parts to make it look sporty.

Im sorry but I would, for the first time in my life prefer Audi's over all current BMW's*.

*M3 Saloon Excluded :wub:

i dont mind the front, i just donot like the back... i think i would rather have a 1 series

the back is too high and the wheelbase is too short, also the roofline drops way too much, looks like a cross between a prius and a crx

Edited by DRTE30

Just me or resemblance to a Maserati/Jag coupe?

I saw a picture of one from the side and it looked like a Prius O...M...G

Nothing like German steel from 85-97 they didn't compete on price with the Koreans or Japenese or anyone else for that fact, the W124 and E30-46 thats the quality over quantity and price right there.

Not today or the last 10 years all competitive now with price like all business's are.

Nothing like German steel from 85-97 they didn't compete on price with the Koreans or Japenese or anyone else for that fact, the W124 and E30-46 thats the quality over quantity and price right there.

Not today or the last 10 years all competitive now with price like all business's are.

It is a shame to see that such a high edge company targeting a new customer market and actually forgetting about the old one, just because they are hoping to earn more money... And I truly believe that new emission laws would really affect the looks either. It is like they forgot what the BMW used to be. To be honest, I can't see any of the BMW sporty and elegance look in new models anymore which is upsetting. It all looks Japanese and kind of fake. As somebody already said I think Audi is ripping it’s a huge benefit out of it... What a shame. Well let’s hope that BMW will rethink their new models and we all will be all happy again.

??? .. 1 series guys ...

Have you ever sat in a 120i vs a 135 ? the 135 (newer design) is now the new 3 series. The new 3 is the new 5.

youre all looking in the wrong place. :)

bmw gonna go bankrupt if they keep doing all this crap design... seriously.... that bmw GT is fugly..

bmw gonna go bankrupt if they keep doing all this crap design... seriously.... that bmw GT is fugly..

Haha that cracks me up, the new 5 series was launched last week, we sold one before the launch and one, possibly two at the launch. Three X1s, two X3s and two E91 320 wagons in the last three weeks also. BMW sales are already well above last years. The jury was still out on the F10 for me but after driving and being round it last week it's extremely grown on me, the base model starts at the 528 and goes up to the 550.

Really neat car.

E: Grammers.

Edited by Greg.