Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

E70

I'm thinking of moving into a E70 X5. I test drove THIS ONE today and it was superb, they have advanced a hell of alot since my E53. So I have made my mind up that the next car I move into will be a E70. I want a twin turbo, the one I drove today was a single turbo although it did pull extremely well. Has anyone driven both and can they tell me if the twin turbo is worth it? One thing I will add is that I've owned & driven alot of cars in my lifetime and I can honestly say that that Motorsport X5 is the best handling car I've ever driven, gives so much confidence in the corners it's just unreal for how high & heavy it is. I'm totally blown away by that & then when you want to stop the brakes are flipping fantastic too!

So - Twin Turbo or Single?

Doubt there would be many here to give you a qualified opinion? Nice looking unit however!

I'm thinking of moving into a E70 X5. I test drove THIS ONE today and it was superb, they have advanced a hell of alot since my E53. So I have made my mind up that the next car I move into will be a E70. I want a twin turbo, the one I drove today was a single turbo although it did pull extremely well. Has anyone driven both and can they tell me if the twin turbo is worth it? One thing I will add is that I've owned & driven alot of cars in my lifetime and I can honestly say that that Motorsport X5 is the best handling car I've ever driven, gives so much confidence in the corners it's just unreal for how high & heavy it is. I'm totally blown away by that & then when you want to stop the brakes are flipping fantastic too!

So - Twin Turbo or Single?

If you are spending that sort of money they will give you one of each to try for a couple of days- so do that.

Not really sure I want black this time round. It looks great but the X5 also looks great in SILVER and WHITE and a hell of alot easier to keep clean thats for sure.

Does anyone at all here own a E70? They should rename this website www.E30-E36-E39-E34-forum.co.nz haha!

That URL might be available ha.

^^^ if you worked hard enough I'd be able to get a brand new one :P

^^^ if you worked hard enough I'd be able to get a brand new one :P

Do you wanna give me a loan!? :P

my dads got one of these in white. pretty sure its a twin turbo. awesome car/suv

havent had any problems with it, reverse camera is handy, still has balls despite being diesel.

also all the electrics, ie bluetooth and navigation are easy as to use

Have driven both Clinton, the twin turbo has way more pull as the turbos both work parallel with each other, i wouldn't sneeze at the single turbo though. The E70 is a hell of a lot better looking X5 than the 53 too, wider and lower. We see a black IS 4.8l V8 E70 in at work that is lowered on black 20's, looks great.

Yeah the E53 is by no means an ugly car IMO - the E70 is nice but it does have some very wierd angles...

Drove the twin turbo version today and I could hardly notice the difference bar it had a little bit more mid range torque, thats it really. Then jumping back into mine today I couldn't notice the difference either with mine being chipped...

You rate it higher than a Porsche Boxster? I think you have been isolated from good handling cars for too long.

Nice wagon though, I like them in white personally.

sell the 53 privately, my cousin traded in his e70 for a new 7 and got just over half of what he paid for it 2 years ago.. :blink:

and then relisted it at market rate!

sell the 53 privately, my cousin traded in his e70 for a new 7 and got just over half of what he paid for it 2 years ago.. :blink:

and then relisted it at market rate!

They need to find me a car then they will advise a trade-in price. If it's ROFL I'll tell them to FOAD.

ive driven the 4.8l v8 e70. it pulled really hard and handled great , would you consider them or are you set on a diesel?

Very much set on a Diesel. Love their torque which is better IMO around town and every day use. That & they cost stuff all to run.

The chap that lost over half on his X5 I'm guessing it was a V8?

Ahhh probably even worse unfortunately. IMO the petrols are less sort after, especially the 3.0i, the 3.0i seems to be in the middle of nowhere, neither here nor there. They don't perform anywhere near as well as the diesel and they're streets behind the V8. Put it this way I don't think the V8's use alot more fuel, so my thinking would be if I were to purchase a X5 petrol, it would definitely be the V8. I've had the 4.6, 4.4 and 3.0d

Was parked next to a white E70 yesterday.

VERY nice, such an upgrade aesthetically after the 53!

Get one.

4.8 V8 is the motor to get if you weren't set on diesel, you could wait for a further 6-12 months and get the new 4.0d, you think 600nm is heaps.....

The 4.0d will have (442lb ft) 600nm at any rate, no real upgrade at all really from the current E70 diesel range, that & the E53 is lighter which is why to be honest my 53 is alot more livelier with the chip done than the single turbo E70. 600nm in the 53 is plenty LOL, I've driven a Touareg V10 (750nm) before and they go well, but the Bimmer seems to deliver it better and feels more powerfull, probably a weight thing.

The facelift 4.0d (3 litre straight 6 diesel) will be doing the 0-100kph run in 6.6 seconds and will have a new 8 speed trans, and do and on to a top speed of 240kph . Prices on these will be too far out of my range anyway. I'm not buying new, would ideally like something 07-08 with 50km ish. ^^^ some pretty impressive figures for a big unit.

Edited by Clinton

Every Mafia man and their dog has a E70 or a Porsche Cayenne here where I am in the Ukraine at the moment. See them everywhere. I reckon they both look tough. Way better than the older x5 in style.

Yeah, I think the Cayenne is an acquired taste though, the first version of them I think looked foul. There are some good looking E53's out there, like MINE for example :P