Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Opt out

As of 1 November 2010, a new law comes into effect which allows third parties access to your name and address details via your vehicle registration plates.

You are able to elect not to have your personal details released however if you do not do this then anyone will be able to look up your rego plate and get the details from the net without paying anything.

Click on the link below to opt out (if you want to).

https://transact.nzta.govt.nz/transactions/...cess/entry.aspx

That's why alot of us have our cars licenced to P.O.Boxes... all my family does

I got this email today. But I thought you could already find out peoples address via there Rego number?

Post office, give your details, pay a fee etc?

Haven’t we already discussed this not so long ago? Or is this different. Confused :wacko:

Note

Please note: Your request to Opt-Out will not become effective until 1April 2011 when the new law comes into effect

Haven’t we already discussed this not so long ago? Or is this different. Confused :wacko:

Yep - Here

Glenn must be having a senior moment :D

Yep - Here

Glenn must be having a senior moment :D

Possibly... I didn't realise there was an "OPT OUT" option though in the previous discussion

I got this email today. But I thought you could already find out peoples address via there Rego number?

Post office, give your details, pay a fee etc?

Yep you sure can.

Nothing is new in the way of people been able to get your details, you are just getting the option to opt out from people been able to get yours.

Yeah we did, still good to freshen it up though.

Oh defiantly, im all for it.. I was confused as Glenn had acknowledged the last one so I thought this may have been something different. Déjà vu.

Opt out peoples :huh:

Exactly why our 4 cars are registered to my P.O Box - snap Glen.

Anybody can get your details already guys.

New law makes it harder.

When ever any bastard parks in my reserved car park we look them up and if they are not someone I know, and they don't answer their contact phone I get them towed.

You see name (usually some company), a phone number (which no one answers) , and contact address (usually a POBox.)

When I commented on the previous post I hadn't read the link. I received this yesterday from my daughter and posted it because of the OPT OUT option. If the repost police would like me to close it, I can still remember how to do that... however I see a few missed the last one and may benefit from my repost.

A great reminder thanks Glen.Was always on my to do list and now it`s been done.

Tip - If multiple cars are in your name just enter one and the complete list will come up. In my case 18 cars (great way to do a head count).

re discussion about PO Boxes. Unless you had someone who didnt do thier job at the post office vtnz, all correspondence will be to a PO Box (i.e. poastal address) but all vehicles require a physical address listed (whether it be a buisness / home / or whatever). So having it 'registered' to a PO Box doesnt do much as when you pay the nominal $2.25 fee it prints out both a physical and poastal address for the person applying.

Unless things have changed since i worked there, you always do have a physical address on your vehicle.

But it seems that if you opt out it solves this problem. Or you could do as i do and have your company address down as your physcial address.

When I commented on the previous post I hadn't read the link. I received this yesterday from my daughter and posted it because of the OPT OUT option. If the repost police would like me to close it, I can still remember how to do that... however I see a few missed the last one and may benefit from my repost.

Nah, it is a good reminder and too those who missed the last thread...i'm sure most would want to opt out.

re discussion about PO Boxes. Unless you had someone who didnt do thier job at the post office vtnz, all correspondence will be to a PO Box (i.e. poastal address) but all vehicles require a physical address listed (whether it be a buisness / home / or whatever). So having it 'registered' to a PO Box doesnt do much as when you pay the nominal $2.25 fee it prints out both a physical and poastal address for the person applying.

Unless things have changed since i worked there, you always do have a physical address on your vehicle.

But it seems that if you opt out it solves this problem. Or you could do as i do and have your company address down as your physcial address.

Exactly what we have done... all cars registered to P.O.Box no and business physical address. We did this originally years ago because the girls got followed a few times.

Exactly what we have done... all cars registered to P.O.Box no and business physical address. We did this originally years ago because the girls got followed a few times.

I did it ever since my 600 got stolen! Never again will i have a vehicle reigstered to my actual address. Although this new law and opt-out feature may recitfy this? Time will tell!