Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

pretty big storm coming boys & girllllssss

never drive beside any trucks. those thing will topple over.. keep to 4 - 5 secs distance infront. brake early and smooth and check tires pressures :)

Hope it arrives, supposed to be going fishing Friday and can't be bothered.

I was out in town in central Auckland, cold and windy already.

That weather map sure looks ugly.

I will be in the ocean on a 60ft launch drunk out of my mind on sat night, I'll remember a life jacket and prepare for some Titanic

Hope it arrives, supposed to be going fishing Friday and can't be bothered.

What is wrong with you? A wet day fishing is better than a fine day at work (or at home).

I've been promising one of the instructors from 46 South a few hours out on the jetboat to practise some heavy weather handling next time the weather blows up. Might be the perfect opportunity.

Oh I can't wait. I supposed to be flying into Wellington tomorrow morning, then catching the ferry and driving to Christchurch. Don't think that will be going to plan :(

Oh I can't wait. I supposed to be flying into Wellington tomorrow morning, then catching the ferry and driving to Christchurch. Don't think that will be going to plan :(

Chris here at work is meant to be flying to welly in the morning too.

Whats the Welly weather down there like ATM ??

What is wrong with you? A wet day fishing is better than a fine day at work (or at home).

I've been promising one of the instructors from 46 South a few hours out on the jetboat to practise some heavy weather handling next time the weather blows up. Might be the perfect opportunity.

Rain is one thing, winds blowing 30, gusting 50 knots is another.

Rain is one thing, winds blowing 30, gusting 50 knots is another.

:D yeah, but you wanted to get out of fishing, so you're praying for bad weather. You're the first person I've met who wants to get out of going fishing.

You'd be nuts to go out if it blows up like it says it will, but some dumb-arse will still think its a good idea, until they get into trouble.

Nevermind, I'll think of you as I'm giggling like a school boy doing 20kts off the back of a huge wave with 630hp under my arse on my way out to drag them back in.

You're the first person I've met who wants to get out of going fishing.

I'm in that camp, I hate fishing! I like fish, just not the effort required to get them.

Im that boat too, I like getting too and coming from the fishing spots, the in-between waiting sucks…unless there is bacon and egg pie and beer..

You do realise you can "go fishing" without actually going fishing?

Just because there are rods on the boat doesn't mean they have to get wet. You're allowed to go find a quiet bay and enjoy a quiet beer on the boat in the middle of nowhere. Best kind of "fishing" there is.

The other week we went out on a really shitty day - found a deserted, sheltered bay, pulled out a deck of cards, and "fished" until the next day when it was time to head back.

Im that boat too,

I see what you did there

Bravo, it is the whole boat thing for me too. I'm not a fan unless it is a huge cruise ship, or super yacht (not that I have ever been on either, but I think I'd enjoy that).

I see what you did there

Bravo, it is the whole boat thing for me too. I'm not a fan unless it is a huge cruise ship, or super yacht (not that I have ever been on either, but I think I'd enjoy that).

If you're ever back over here and up these ways we'll soon fix that.

:D yeah, but you wanted to get out of fishing, so you're praying for bad weather. You're the first person I've met who wants to get out of going fishing.

You'd be nuts to go out if it blows up like it says it will, but some dumb-arse will still think its a good idea, until they get into trouble.

Nevermind, I'll think of you as I'm giggling like a school boy doing 20kts off the back of a huge wave with 630hp under my arse on my way out to drag them back in.

I should explain, it was a charter, costing $120pp, potentially to go out in 25 knots and a 2 metre swell, hence I couldn't be bothered. The more recent forecast made it worse. I would rather go out in a boat in the rain, drink beer all day and come home with a fish from the supermarket than sit in the office all day.