Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Failed a wof, for heaps of sh*t

:(

Edit:

Including the bent rad support panel seen close to the bottom of the page here.

The guy recons it's structural, and that needs to be straightened before he passes me!

Can someone confirm if he's right or not?

Surely if VTNZ always passed it it's fine?

Edited by sascha

I saw you drive past me on Archers road this morning.

Should just take it to Rolsch :)

Failed a wof, for heaps of sh*t

:(

Edit:

Including the bent rad support panel seen close to the bottom of the page here.

The guy recons it's structural, and that needs to be straightened before he passes me!

Can someone confirm if he's right or not?

Surely if VTNZ always passed it it's fine?

Yes that is a structural component.... it's always amazed me how that car got a cert

What other faults did it fail on ??

Edited by *Glenn*

My car has a bent rad support like that, I have no issues getting a warrant or a cert either.

And I guarantee there are a sh*t ton more on here that get WOF's with it like that too.

Painting it blue probably doesn't help...

Edited by Brams

Oh yeah, went for a wof at MCR on sunnybrae rd, 'cause I had a voucher for a free wof there. Wish I didnt go there now haha.

Failed on:

Wiper blades, Windscreen washers, Number plate lights (not blown bulbs, there are actually no lights in there!!), Powersteering drive belt, a tyre, rear brake pads and a rubber mount on the steering arm has perished.

So nothing too major to fix, other than that radiator support panel.

Nathan - yeah its not that bright blue now anyway, covered in dust and sh*t

Edited by sascha

Yeah I know!

I was there for ages, he literally checked EVERYTHING on the car.

If you need that support straightened out, go see Graham at Artizan panel beaters, he is a really good dude to deal with.

Removed the m20 intake manifold 'cause it's making a really loud and annoying noise from the intake manifold area by the firewall.. 3 nuts were loose and part of one of the gaskets looked buggered, hopefully new gasket fixes this annoying noise..

cleaned up two new rear taillights and installed them, out on my 1/4 height caps and gave it a clean :D

Went to fill up and realised I couldn't afford it. Bus stop :D

Hi Guys, I recently bought a replica M3 bumper that apparently was made/meant for an E46 coupe but upon trying to fit it, the reinforcement bar do not sit flush in the replica bumper and also the sides of the bumper seems 10mm longer on each side. so it basically sits on the outside of the brackets and if I tried to force the ends of the bumper into the bracket the centre of the bumper folds or waves up. It's a nightmare but the seller told me he has sold plenty and never had issues. The only think I can say it's different is that my car is a NZ New car and the replica bumper is imported from China (so maybe moulded from Jap imports) question, does anyone here had the same issue or does anyone here know if the NZ New cars are different from the Jap imports? One would think the bumper fitments would be the same around the world? Or clearly the seller has given me the wrong bumper or the seller's supplier has given him a wrong batch?

Bumper looked especially dusty today, went to wipe it off, realised I'd sprayed clear all over my bumper last night by accident. Dammit.

What'll get it off? Some kind of solvent or will Cut n Polish do the trick? Don't wanna F my paint job.

try wax and grease remover. (don't rub to hard or you may start rubbing paint off if it's just a spray can job)

Bumper looked especially dusty today, went to wipe it off, realised I'd sprayed clear all over my bumper last night by accident. Dammit.

What'll get it off? Some kind of solvent or will Cut n Polish do the trick? Don't wanna F my paint job.

Check with your painter before you do anything Lucan

spent lots of money, new:

front arms,

offset front bushes

rack ends

tie rod ends

sway bar bushes and links

rear subframe bushes

rear trailing arm bushes

rear shock mounts

front springs

brake hoses

clutch hose

engine mounts

plus lots more

Phase 2 is purchased, awaiting arival.

Edited by -Oli-

Clear coat B)

post-2618-1304569392.jpg

Nice!

Love the pedobear sticker

+1 I want one for the back window of my wagon lol

Very busy few days for me!

In the last two days I have stripped the leather interior from my 525iXT and swapped it with the cloth interior of my 520iT.

Sold the 525iXT to Brent from aucklands mate Brendon

Then I pulled the engine from my 525i and sent the rest to the graveyard aka JKSouthern Euro yesterday, and the engine down south today

Then I started stripping down the e30 to get the bits off that have sold already

And tonight the plan is to finish installing the interior into the 520iT. Everyone else comes before me lol

From four cars to two in one day. the flatmates are rejoicing. Turns out we had mushrooms growing under the 525i lol, unfortunately not edible or magical though