Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Awesome, this is helping :D

My car is Autofail.... *cough*

HMMM, Need to find out which lights to use for the footwell lights. that sounds like an easy challange.

I've got a set of E36 rear seat lights, will get round to installing them one day haha

Awesome, this is helping :D

My car is Autofail.... *cough*

HMMM, Need to find out which lights to use for the footwell lights. that sounds like an easy challange.

I had some supercheap blue neons in my subaru :lol:

Did make for pretty cool footwell lights though. They dont really fit in the E30 though..

I had some supercheap blue neons in my subaru :lol:

Did make for pretty cool footwell lights though. They dont really fit in the E30 though..

I had some in my sentra for the loos. Was pretty epic, every 15 year old had to have them including me lol

------

Took the wagon for a warrant, failed on a few bigot things all 5 minute fixes such as the middle seatbelt clicker slipped behind the seat so not visible etc. I'd rather an anal warrant over a tick everything one though

Also cleaned the car out to be presented for a trade in valuation tomorrow

E30 once again on the back burner.... Lol

Received this nice picture of my car in the mail..

post-538-1302059630.jpg

73 in a 60 on a steep hill. I thought Van speed camera's were not allowed to park on a hill where your speed increases due to the gradient?.

Ie the car accelerates under its own weight. Opinions?

Speed limit is the speed limit, do your brakes not work? :P

I'm sure if I tried using that here the cop would seriously LOL.

A few old timers seem to think this is the rule? I had the same opinion as you Josh

Yeah I dunno, someone on here should know .. didn't mean to come across like a douchenozzle tho, too late :)

I doubt it..

Speed limits the speed limit, any downward gradient will increase your speed, it just depends how much you brake, so I wouldn't think you have a case by saying "The gradient made me do it"..

But if you do get out of it that'd be a good loop hole to know about, happy to be proved wrong! :)

73 in a 60 on a steep hill. I thought Van speed camera's were not allowed to park on a hill where your speed increases due to the gradient?.

Possibly is in their guidelines, but they are only guidelines not law. Like the guideline that says cops should apply discretion for 200m after a speed change sign, however because its a guideline they dont have to.

haha are you guys in M3's etc seriously saying that when going down a hill in a 50 zone you brake to make sure you sit on 50? Model Citizens =P

C'mon Dan, you can think up a better one than that, surely. :rolleyes:

I got a $30 in the truck the other day for doing 99 in a 100. Told the cop I was driving on my car license, as it's only a small truck, and that I thought the car license meant car speed, ie. 100 in a 100. He wasn't impressed either.

haha are you guys in M3's etc seriously saying that when going down a hill in a 50 zone you brake to make sure you sit on 50? Model Citizens =P

I dont have an M3 but i certainly do brake going down hills to maintain the speed limit!

Maybe it comes from driving for a job? I take it very proffesionally, and act that way in all times. I.E follow the rules. (And still do quicker del times than anyone else at work!)

BMW with vin WBA are prone yes due to recycled plastic being used on cooling systems, BMW with vin WBS use alloy on their cooling systems so strange for the M3 to have an issue there Cam?

Just get a all alloy replacement. around the same price as a recycled milk bottle one.

Many years of getting fines and knowing that I can do it so much better on a track makes me a now model driver. That and probably growing a little in my 30's

Just slap it in a lower gear to stay at 50.

C'mon Dan, you can think up a better one than that, surely. :rolleyes:

I got a $30 in the truck the other day for doing 99 in a 100. Told the cop I was driving on my car license, as it's only a small truck, and that I thought the car license meant car speed, ie. 100 in a 100. He wasn't impressed either.

Dan??? I think you missed the point mate. I agree that I should be booked for breaking the limit, Im not making any excuses. Some think that you shouldnt if its on a hill. Ie unfair.

Many years of getting fines and knowing that I can do it so much better on a track makes me a now model driver. That and probably growing a little in my 30's

I agree Josh. Do it where it should be done. I need my licence and car for work, so I rarely ever speed in my m3. Not even 2-3k's over the limit. Thrashing it on the track is another story. It makes me laugh though getting booked for something so tame. End of the day I was in the wrong.

The camera is lucky though, I had only put my front plate back on 3 hours before for a photoshoot. :rolleyes:

Have had a squeeking problem for about 6 months now so when i accelerate to about 40km/h it squeeks and then dissapears. Finally pulled my wheel off to see what the problem was and found a large stone stuck in the inside of my wheel that was rubbing against the brakes. Thank god that was only the problem and not something to do with the car =D

Thursday, I almost got crushed. ALWAYS ALWAYS use axle stands.

Lesson learned. I consider myself lucky.

wow lucky

Thanks to Ray / Hellbm, sorted out the wash bottle and squirters on the 540. Prick of a thing to work on wouldn't wish it on anyone.

yes lucky .

at least through a tyre/wheel under the car so it can only fall to that height

going on what motor? into what car??? sounds interesting!