Sign in to follow this  
byza213

nice looking e34

Who cares about petrol if it looks that yummy?

Around 12-14L/100km average I think?

How is it on gas? It's a 1980s designed 3.5 six.... think about it.

Nice example though, aside from the non OEM wheels.

Rare to see one with electric M-spec seats!

Seems like good value if it's in as good a condition the pictures show.

yea saw this looks nice just needs this setup .

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=341111081

yea not the best on gas but who cares when you have this much torque and power etc

electric reacaro seats nice hamann deep dish wheels mtec body kit , mtec II wheel etc

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

yea saw this looks nice just needs this setup .

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=341111081

yea not the best on gas but who cares when you have this much torque and power etc

electric reacaro seats nice hamann deep dish wheels mtec body kit , mtec II wheel etc

yea brett with that manual setup would be so sex!

i just like the look of it . but im bias haha!

where were you when i was selling this its got ALL those goodies plus a manual trans

i remember that one .did it sell .? it was out of my range few months ago once i sell my car ill be up to that price range

i remember that one .did it sell .? it was out of my range few months ago once i sell my car ill be up to that price range

gone for less than some e30s on this site

Edited by kiwi535

gone for less than some e30s on this site

really man when i had the cash i needed something in auckland real fast but im going to make profit on my currently and finally get the e30 or e34 ive wanted hopefully i lean toward e34 tho .. they look stronger :D

really man when i had the cash i needed something in auckland real fast but im going to make profit on my currently and finally get the e30 or e34 ive wanted hopefully i lean toward e34 tho .. they look stronger :D

whilst the e30 are great little cars a good nz e34 is 10 times the car

whilst the e30 are great little cars a good nz e34 is 10 times the car

I agree with you, I owned a 535is and it was one of the best cars I have owned. It was nimble, and was relatively quick. Most importantly, they are solidly built. Mine had clocked 185,000 kms when I sold it and was rattle free, and the interior was like new. Testament to the build quality.

Cool car. Very nice design too- for me the car has to look good- the E34 with kit and lowered stance with the right feet is a fantastic looking car - 22 years after launch.

I agree with you, I owned a 535is and it was one of the best cars I have owned. It was nimble, and was relatively quick. Most importantly, they are solidly built. Mine had clocked 185,000 kms when I sold it and was rattle free, and the interior was like new. Testament to the build quality.

Cool car. Very nice design too- for me the car has to look good- the E34 with kit and lowered stance with the right feet is a fantastic looking car - 22 years after launch.

i have always loved the 535,Even after driving around the 120 for a couple of weeks i still like driving the 535.I would have kept it if i had the room and i wont ever get anything like it for the money i sold it for.A car nut freind of mine who always has newish cars is always impressed by the e34

yea there cars i have to say .after owning a 520i and a 525i motorsport , deifinitly one of my favorite cars ive owned and the looks never fail esp with kit mags etc really staunch

im thinking of maybe trading my current , but to be honest i rather sell mine and pay cash

im going to check it out after the new year and go from there.

one thing that might scare me is gas but id be willing to eventually do the manual conversion and have a run around also.

cant be far off my 01 wrx wagon tho! :blink:

yea there cars i have to say .after owning a 520i and a 525i motorsport , deifinitly one of my favorite cars ive owned and the looks never fail esp with kit mags etc really staunch

im thinking of maybe trading my current , but to be honest i rather sell mine and pay cash

im going to check it out after the new year and go from there.

one thing that might scare me is gas but id be willing to eventually do the manual conversion and have a run around also.

cant be far off my 01 wrx wagon tho! :blink:

the 535 is heavy on the gas...the only aspect of the car that disapointed.big tank tho so can still get good range.If you drive in stop start traffic expect 17 l 100 k.You wont do any better than 10l100 k.An import with cat and o2 sensor might be a bit better.I dont think an auto will be much worse,maybe a little.

^^ On the open road i get better economy from my 540 if i baby it than i do in my Legacy. As a daily though, I can chew through a tank in a little under or over 500 clicks. Which is the same as the Legacy, though the tank in the E34 is 25L bigger than the subie!

^^ On the open road i get better economy from my 540 if i baby it than i do in my Legacy. As a daily though, I can chew through a tank in a little under or over 500 clicks. Which is the same as the Legacy, though the tank in the E34 is 25L bigger than the subie!

i think the 540 is better than the 535 on the open road,cos if nothing else they have higher gearing

My E38 740il gets 8.5L\100 compared to 10L in the 535i, hardly better than my old E32 750i. The M60 is much more refined but still prefer the bulletproof big six

My E38 740il gets 8.5L\100 compared to 10L in the 535i, hardly better than my old E32 750i. The M60 is much more refined but still prefer the bulletproof big six

Mr E34 and I were talking about this the other day...there is something about the "rawness" of the ol m30 which makes it more appealing than even the e34 540i6.I drove a e39 540 i6 once but it was just TOO nice..I am gonna miss it :(

Mr E34 and I were talking about this the other day...there is something about the "rawness" of the ol m30 which makes it more appealing than even the e34 540i6.I drove a e39 540 i6 once but it was just TOO nice..I am gonna miss it :(

I agree with you there- I always loved the sound of the M30 when I owned my 635csi and 535is- nice throaty sound- even if you are not really gunning it. The 635csi was the car that I loved as a kid- and the noise the M30 made was part of the magic.

The 'factory sound' of the M60 and M62 is comparatively mute and is certainly not as 'raw.'

Was driving the 8 yesterday and had all the windows down to soak up the sounds- but it was so quiet....

I am not changing because I want to retain originality, but my X3 3.0 probably has a cooler sounding exhaust note...

intersting sports kit,auto and manual air con...seems to be no end of combinations!....ahh its an imported one speed do etc in miles(non sports wheel to

not dissin just sayin!

I like that 535i, quite a good buy it seems.

Just a pitty the age of it, 21 years old now... trying to go for things towards the late 90s.

When I finally (or rather ever!) get my project started, it I can get it to look half as nice as the two posted here, I'll be happy. 2010 was a fairly horrid year, 2011 is where it's at for me methinks!

I like that 535i, quite a good buy it seems.

Just a pitty the age of it, 21 years old now... trying to go for things towards the late 90s.

these are really solid cars.If they havent got any rust theywont get any now.They drive really nicely ,and a manual one is fun (unless you have to do stop start commuting cos the clutch is heavy) and for the money you spend to get them they are good value.The interiors are good quality except for the headlinings,and the door panels Edited by kiwi535

these are really solid cars.If they havent got any rust theywont get any now.They drive really nicely ,and a manual one is fun (unless you have to do stop start commuting cos the clutch is heavy) and for the money you spend to get them they are good value.The interiors are good quality except for the headlinings,and the door panels

I agree.

I'd still look at buying one regardless of the age, but I use it as a way to stop be from wanting one. :P

Edited by E36V8