Sign in to follow this  
huff3r

Some People... Cars been keyed :(

If your car was keyed?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay so some low-life scum has decided to vandalise my E30.

They have keyed the words "F**K YOU" into my drivers door, and a long scratch covering the drivers side rear door and some of the rear guard.

Any ideas what kind of work would be required to fix this? I.E is it worthwhile claiming insurance on it?

Any advice on paintshops near Porirua?

Unfortunately its not gonna buff out, whoever did it was pretty pro and made sure it went through to the metal.

Colour is Bronze-Beige Metallic if that makes a difference? (To the untrained eye it looks like expensive paint!)

Cheers in Advance :)

Err why would they key that there? You f**k someone off? :unsure:

Err why would they key that there? You f**k someone off? :unsure:

I was parked to the right of the carpark so my sister (who has a broken wrist) could get out easily. Still plenty of space for me to get out my side, but it seems the guy parked next to me differed in opinion and was too cowardly to just ask me to move it.

i had my whole roof repainted, which required it to be sanded right back, sprayed with etched primer etc. got it done for 450. door area smaller than roof imo, so i guess thats cheaper than your 500 insurance claim. ask around for quotes at paintshops.

i had my whole roof repainted, which required it to be sanded right back, sprayed with etched primer etc. got it done for 450. door area smaller than roof imo, so i guess thats cheaper than your 500 insurance claim. ask around for quotes at paintshops.

It is two doors and part of the rear bodywork, so I'm guessing thatt would have to be blended or something?

Im gonna go quote shopping tomorrow :D.

Not so keen on the home job, cos It'll look sh*t as, and if the cops catch the guy then I get my excess back anyway :).

claim insurance and ask for a full spray =D

Haha I wish my Insurance was that friendly, but I doubt that will happen.. Who knows though, the painter might get a bit keen. Happened when we got my sisters car fixed haha, he sprayed nearly double the area he was told to! (Apprentices FTW!)

My 2c..

Ring up your insurance company and ask what your options are.

If they agree to cover it then sweet, if not, find someone to do a cash job, last resort home touch up.

claim insurance and ask for a full spray =D

This. Most painters will type up the insurance quote accordingly. I would want the car to have an even tone and finish all over if it was mine/ That why you have insurance.

My 2c..

Ring up your insurance company and ask what your options are.

If they agree to cover it then sweet, if not, find someone to do a cash job, last resort home touch up.

They have said they will cover it, with an excess of $500.

Guess that really is the best option, just wanted some other opinions :).

Yeah I'll see if they come to the party for a full spray, Especially since the sunroof is already a slightly different tone :( (Has waaaay more metallic flecks in it!!)

most painters do "faders". they would paint the whole side of the repaired side to match it with the rest of the body. that would cost more that 500 if he did ur doors, rear guard and probably your front guard.

Ugh what kind of idiot does that?

Might be cheaper just to find a couple of doors from a wreck and do a home touch up on the part after the body.

Any pictures? have you been to the cops? any idea who it might be? sounds kinda personal.

Add the option

"Hunt them down and use their face to buff it out"

Just pay the $500 to get the insurance to cover it. Easy.

Then track down the people that did it and do what I did, get revenge on their car. Someone at the mall backed into the front of my car and stupidly left his car crunched into mine so I came back and left him a note and some nice new speed stripes with my key...

post-29-1305757626.jpg

Sad thing is the effing Pig probably would give two shits <_<

Im sure mall parks, well car parks in general are getting smaller as our cars are getting bigger. I need lambo door in some parks, especially trying to get out over a roll cage cross bar.

parking as far away from where I need to be usually works for me. Except a lot of the time I come back and someone has parked right next to me with dozens more empty park surrounding my car :(

Go to the best Euro painter in Wellington and get him to do an insurance quote. It will cost a lot more than $500.00 for a proper paint job, so pay the excess and get the best possible job done.

Because it was malicous damage done by another party, you shouldn't lose your no-claims bonus.

Edited by C0SM0S

Also ought to note, I've lost my no-claims bonus as of a week ago due to a minor roundabout encounter, so definitely not fussed about that. Definitely want a good job done though, because it's not exactly a rough paintjob at the moment!

if insurance is paying for it, then I'd go to these guys, heard fantastic things about their work, but apparently a bit pricey (which doesn't matter in this case)

http://www.thesurgery.co.nz/home.asp

Cheers for that, that is a good idea. I have heard only good things about them, and would love to be supporting the sponsor of the Intermarques :D.

Ok, it's all been sorted and Porirua Autocrash is going to do the repairs. Hopefully they do a good job. State didnt really give me many options...

Ok, so that failed. Autocrash cant do it til the 7th June, I move to hamilton on the 3rd of June. :(

Theyre sending me a list and I get to pick one, hopefully theres a few good options out there.