Sign in to follow this  
kinetik

4km/h tolerance extended to all public holidays

There'll be demerit points on speedcamera tickets soon too.

Law gets applied, most people abey for the next year or so and the figures look good .. then stats will go back up as people dont care anymore.

Cell phone law anyone ?

Doesnt really matter anymore, the right to overtake safely was taken away years ago when speed limits where slowly reduced around the country. 90% of people do 80 in 100kph on the roads.

Cruise control ftw :)

Meh. I do 105km (as long as there is no slow f--ker in front of me) and always go past cops and they never turn around. I did once have a cop flash his lights at me for doing 60 in a 50 (my bad) but didnt turn to get me.

I also DO sometimes exceed 130km to overtake. Esp' if they are slow then speed up at passing lanes or at long stretches of safe road. I know my limits. Have never had a speeding fine in my life with around 10years driving.

Meh. I do 105km (as long as there is no slow f--ker in front of me) and always go past cops and they never turn around. I did once have a cop flash his lights at me for doing 60 in a 50 (my bad) but didnt turn to get me.

I also DO sometimes exceed 130km to overtake. Esp' if they are slow then speed up at passing lanes or at long stretches of safe road. I know my limits. Have never had a speeding fine in my life with around 10years driving.

At last, someone who's honest about his driving.

There'll be demerit points on speedcamera tickets soon too.

Just sell your car into a company, claim the gst, claim depreciation on income for 3 years....and....watch them try to clock up speed camera demerits points on the company.....win, win, win.

105 in an e30 is prob less than 100kph anyway. In my e30 I sat on 110 all the time and never got ticketed / pulled over, standard wheels / tyres.

105 in an e30 is prob less than 100kph anyway. In my e30 I sat on 110 all the time and never got ticketed / pulled over, standard wheels / tyres.

Indeed, the GPS showed my car with standard wheels at 100kph when the speedo read 107. Now with new wheels + tyres (205/50/16) it reads 100kph at 101kph.

Just sell your car into a company, claim the gst, claim depreciation on income for 3 years....and....watch them try to clock up speed camera demerits points on the company.....win, win, win.

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Thanks! Has been working fine for a number of years - so I dont need your luck. I am interested in how they are going to tie demerits points to a company owned car. I have a few theories, but we will have to wait and see I guess.

The company is legally obligated to know who is driving it's vehicles at all times. If you can't show who was driving then the company will cop a much bigger fine.

The company is legally obligated to know who is driving it's vehicles at all times. If you can't show who was driving then the company will cop a much bigger fine.

Sweet, bigger fine is better than demerits...

^^ for some it is.

But until NZ gets to Australia or Euro's level of fines, it's hardly a deterrent. Try OZ's $300+ for running red light and double parking (vs NZ's $150 and $60 respectively)

Depreciation recovery and GST recovery on sale of asset, not to mention if the car is being sold into the company without being primarily used for business purposes = defrauding the tax department, also not to mention that it must have prominent company logos/advertising on it in order to claim depreciation on it.

That's just a few quick points, there are more. In terms of severity, I think a few demerit points is better than defrauding the tax department :)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/5...ng-all-the-time

I knew this was going to happen next .....

zero tolerance.... all the time....

everyone driving around looking at their speedo's

cops all out catching speeders instead of criminals

punters loosing their jobs because they lost their licence

They can't put demerit points on Speed Cameras, how do they know who was driving the car???

They can't put demerit points on Speed Cameras, how do they know who was driving the car???

afaik, they just put it on the name of the person the car is registered to and if it was someone else driving, they need to fill in a form to transfer the fine. A friend got demerits from one of those bus lane cameras, which is jut ridiculous...

Ohhh Bollicks, another way to get done in by "THE MAN"

Depreciation recovery and GST recovery on sale of asset, not to mention if the car is being sold into the company without being primarily used for business purposes = defrauding the tax department, also not to mention that it must have prominent company logos/advertising on it in order to claim depreciation on it.

That's why I'm paying FBT so I don't have to account for private usage of motor vehicle etc. etc.

Edited by 318Touring

That's why I'm paying FBT so I don't have to account for private usage of motor vehicle etc. etc.

FBT is for employee-related benefits, meaning you need to be registered as an employer and filing EMSes 12 times per year. Also doesn't detract from the fact that it needs to have prominent company advertising and depreciation recovery applies on asset disposal :)

The US has much better laws associated with claiming things like cars as company expenses!

I dont really see what the problem is - dont speed.. dont get a fine.

Too many people out there think that just because they have been driving fine for 10 years that they're Lewis Hamilton and so often thats how people get killed.

Too many people out there think that just because they have been driving fine for 10 years that they're Lewis Hamilton and so often thats how people get killed.

Hear hear.

Pretty basic huh...