Garett

GDM - E36 Drift/Race Project

love your thinking out of the square dude

all done...

post-2228-1344055355.jpg

post-2228-1344055360.jpg

post-2228-1344055365.jpg

post-2228-1344055369.jpg

great effort but do you want the bad news? polyester resin wont stick to it the only product that may work is plexus but in saying that even when i did my manifold with it, it did stick but that was under vacuum i think your best plan is to make one from scratch as i did boost per volume is huge and even at 7psi you still have 500cfm and thus why the supercharger guys only run 7psi the stock manifold is rubbish for making power with boost.

This is the stuff i used ? says it will bond anything haha

post-2228-1344475938.jpg

little update

post-2228-1344639475.jpg

post-2228-1344639550.jpg

post-2228-1344639561.jpg

Ive just installed the E36 3.2L M3 fuel pump in my car, has anyone had any experience with this pump, is it much better?

post-2228-1344677032.jpg

Guest Ari Gold

It's a 5 bar fuel pump, so a good upgrade. Equivalent flow to a Bosch Motorsport 044 unit.

Ive just installed the E36 3.2L M3 fuel pump in my car, has anyone had any experience with this pump, is it much better?

do yourself a favor build a proper fuels system including upgrading the lines and run two pumps ill post a pic of my manifold which pretty much done

Edited by crunchy

do yourself a favor build a proper fuels system including upgrading the lines and run two pumps ill post a pic of my manifold which pretty much done

Ok ill do that, id like to see a pic of what you have done :)

a little update, down pipe all tacked up and 1 waste runner made, not long now :D

post-2228-1345180175.jpg

post-2228-1345180183.jpg

post-2228-1345180189.jpg

post-2228-1345180194.jpg

Ok ill do that, id like to see a pic of what you have done :)

a little update, down pipe all tacked up and 1 waste runner made, not long now :D

great work dude thats something to be proud off, as for the mentioned pump pressure has nothing to do with volume and thats more important as for the 044 they have crap filters in the bottom try a 978 higher rating better pump

Alright so we got some sweet weather today and yeasterday so i got the 2 day's off to prep and prime the whole car and wet on wet the engine bay, boot and the door jams with top coat and clear coat, it come up quite nice.

If the weather holds up this weekend ill start putting some things back together and prepping the engine.

post-2228-1345708628.jpg

post-2228-1345708635.jpg

post-2228-1345708641.jpg

very nice paint bro!

ummmm, aren't the stock reinforcement plates meant to go on the inside of the shock towers....

Like the Colour!!!

ummmm, aren't the stock reinforcement plates meant to go on the inside of the shock towers....

Like the Colour!!!

They dont have any sort of support, so cut up some top hats i had lieing around and welded on to stop any cracking around the center hole from running a hard suspension set up.

Thanks, the colour is from the new nissan GTR

I'll be honest with you!!! Mental colour man! In a very good way :) Love it!!! Looking very very good.

They dont have any sort of support, so cut up some top hats i had lieing around and welded on to stop any cracking around the center hole from running a hard suspension set up.

Thanks, the colour is from the new nissan GTR

I did need those, had this happen already, strut brace seems to be holding, cracks don't seem to be spreading.

Here's an idea, let me know what you think..

I have set of e34 x spoke 15x7" rims as seen in the pic below, i was thinking about getting another set of your standard not so desirable 15" wheels and using the lathe cutting 3 1/2" off the rear of the standard ones and 1" off the x spoke and then join the 3 1/2" rear section up with the front section of the x spoke. which should give me a 15x9.5" rim and make 15x9" for the front as i have done some fitments and that's the widest i can go for both.

Then polish the lip and paint the center and wrap em with some R888's?

post-2228-1345798211.jpg

Edited by Garett

Here's an idea, let me know what you think..

I have set of e34 x spoke 15x7" rims as seen in the pic below, i was thinking about getting another set of your standard not so desirable 15" wheels and using the lathe cutting 3 1/2" off the rear of the standard ones and 1" off the x spoke and then join the 3 1/2" rear section up with the front section of the x spoke. which should give me a 15x9.5" rim and make 15x9" for the front as i have done some fitments and that's the widest i can go for both.

Then polish the lip and paint the center and wrap em with some R888's?

may pay to read a MANZ rule book along with LTSA as far as i know thats a big no no even in stock car racing you can no longer cut and weld rims of any sort and thats on the dirt.

Wheels are cheap enough just buy some or some old F5000 front rims will do what you want anyone that says it cool to do is an idiot.

may pay to read a MANZ rule book along with LTSA as far as i know thats a big no no even in stock car racing you can no longer cut and weld rims of any sort and thats on the dirt.

I find myself getting side tracked looking at wheels and thinking of ideas, i think ill decide on wheels once the car is ready to drive. and ill have a read too, cheers. :)

ok so today i cut my bumper support frame to make room for the inter-cooler, it fit perfectly i was very surprised now i have got to get someone to weld some alloy tags to hold it in place.

also painted my tappet cover and inside of boot and doors, just finished now don't recommend doing this when it is cold and have poor lighting, a lil nervous to see what it looks like tomorrow.

post-2228-1346488770.jpg

post-2228-1346488795.jpg

post-2228-1346488821.jpg

looking sharp mate, hope the paint dont go foggy on ya

looks bloody good dude

got my m42 turbo going today done 200km so far its very much a sleeper drives very nice i would post a pic but this is your build page i gave up on my build page too many tossers around, let them pull up beside a shitty looking silver e36 out west and have a go and see what happens lol

looking sharp mate, hope the paint dont go foggy on ya

she'll be right mate, got a few good coats of clear on after that pic :D plus its not not like we have a shortage of m50 rocker covers right kerry, can have one in orange or green as well :P

Edited by Garett