Sign in to follow this  
Garett

GDM - E36 Drift/Race Project

oh if you want to see a short 40 sec vid of my car driving down the road to get its roof attached check out my facebook page listed below :)

Cheers guys... ok a quick update.. roofs on bonnet pins are in and a couple of pics taken today..

I really want white dials for my speedo.

post-2228-1322638444.jpg

post-2228-1322638461.jpg

post-2228-1322638474.jpg

Edited by Garett

How do you feel comfort wise with that centre crash bar

• Like 1

How do you feel comfort wise with that centre crash bar

Yeah it looks quite low right... my clutch leg doesn't hit it but its close, real close, im going to wait till i get some race seats for it then hopefully ill sit a bit lower that the factory seats, but if it gets in the way ill have to get another bar put in, if worst comes to worst.. i think it looks nice though :blink:

I'll modify it for you on the cheap if it is a problem

Is your boot being held down with pins as well?

I'd like to copy your e30 window winder trick. Does the gear from the e30 winder mesh fine with the e36 window stuff(can't think of word)

I'll modify it for you on the cheap if it is a problem

Is your boot being held down with pins as well?

I'd like to copy your e30 window winder trick. Does the gear from the e30 winder mesh fine with the e36 window stuff(can't think of word)

Na its the rear manual window regs from e36 sedan just drill out the windings :D and use and drill the bush.

sorry im not sure how or if ill be using pins for the boot...

so today i cleaned up all the underneath of the car were the welds show through and painted, and also found some burnt wiring that runs to the speedo sensor on the diff. will fix that tomorrow, i installed the rubbers around the rear windows and cut the over hang off, you know that bit that goes over the interior trims. they look much better now..

gave the car a good wash, and also tomorrow i will install the boost gauge and make floor plates, well thats the plan...:P

post-2228-1322896218.jpg

post-2228-1322896246.jpg

i slept in due to going out on the town ;) , so not much got done, am quite un impressed at my efforts today...

So today i installed my braided brake lines boost gauge and fitted the rear quarter panels.

post-2228-1322989955.jpg

post-2228-1322989970.jpg

:D Happy New Year i hope everyone got to relax and have a great time, wow 2012, supposed to be the end of the world right... haha we'll see. so anyway had a great holiday away and i go back to work on the 9th, with the misses back at work now that will give me a few days of doing what i love..

So today i got the rear inner door handles out of a E38 as they are deeper and will sit flush with my alloy trims, fitted them to my front doors and also made a pull strap out of the leather strip on the center arm piece of a E34 which i will be fitting tomorrow...

post-2228-1325678458.jpg

who flared the wheel arches?

That would be me :P

ive changed the door cards to this, it will have a black leather strap as thus was just to see if it worked. using the outer door window rubber moldings on an 850i cut down and placed on the inside of my doors got rid of the ugly clips that would usually hold the trim on. it looks alot nicer i think.. matches the back ones now.

post-2228-1325759274.jpg

so today i started on my parcel shelf, it involved alot of cutting cardboard then taping it to the alloy sheet then using a grinder and an round carbine die grinder bit. i got a lil carried away, but this is not unusual for me. it is mostly done but will need another day to finish it with the separator from the boot to cabin installed.. let me know what you think?

post-2228-1326604261.jpg

post-2228-1326604270.jpg

Your selling this project? 0_o

selling his daily, check it out.

few more things done, floor and boot next...

Would like to hear any criticism or ideas that you think i should do to this car.. thanks

post-2228-1327129202.jpg

post-2228-1327129217.jpg

post-2228-1327129229.jpg

The Time has come i need help finding the best cheapest suspension for my car, some people say bc golds some people say d2, what do you say?? and can you swap the camber plates from left to right to turn them into both caster and camber if you wanted a lil bit of positive...? To Supension Forum... The Search is on...

try speed factor they sell a brand called yellow and they are actually really good, we run them in the e46 and never had a issue.

Edited by kerry

thanks kerry ill prob get those just waiting to hear back from some other suppliers...

quick update - fitted new ultra racing strut brace today, just clears the engine..

post-2228-1327554509.jpg

Finally painted my wheels for my car today, 19 inch stalkers bright white same as the cage, should look nice with some nice brakes, rotors and paint job.

post-2228-1327727076.jpg

post-2228-1327727083.jpg

What are you doing for brakes? keep up the good work

im not to sure yet but i know i want the calipers red and the rotors bronze haha.