Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Tailgaters on the Motorway

This all seems to be about double lanes, what about tail gaters on single lane roads?

If you are in a BMW and driving it properly it shouldnt be a problem but if you are being tail gated on a single lane road, you must be out for a quiet sunday drive so pull over and let them bye. Edited by sweetm3

If you are in a BMW and driving it properly it shouldnt be a problem but if you are being tail gated on a single lane road, you must be out for a quiet sunday drive so pull over and let them bye.

If im doing 105 - 110kph and someone is tail gating me they can f**k right off. I dont care if they are late to their meeting or what ever they should manage their time better.

Or just give them an opportunity to pass....

:ph34r:

Nothing annoys me more than people who sit on 95 - 100kmh but speed up to 115kmh in the passing lane.

If im doing 105 - 110kph and someone is tail gating me they can f**k right off. I dont care if they are late to their meeting or what ever they should manage their time better.

The other issue with this sort of thing is that there are times when you are only travelling the speed you are because the person in front of you is driving that speed (particularly in Auckland).

For example, you are travelling at 105, you pull into right lane to overtake the cars in front, so does the car in front of you. Car in left lane travels at 99, car in front travels at 101, therefore you travel at 101. Munter in a scoobaru attaches to your tow bar because he wants to over take you.

You FINALLY get past and pull to the left because Scoobaru wants to rocket past. You pull in behind and they sit at 103 or less.

That is the most frustrating part of other people being on the road.

Just change Lanes, Or flick your mirror down and ignore them?

/Thread

P.S - Where's the project thread on E36V8??

Edited by braeden.

Driving the ABS-less E30, I find I need a 200m gap to brake sufficiently in when wet :P

I live in Okura so take the bus to and from town each day from Albany (everyone who doesnt move around for work should, IMO).

When I do drive to town which is usually once every day or two, whether for dinner or such, suffice to say I travel half the length of Auckland's motorway. Never do I find I need to tailgate, and I can always get past a slow car if I need to without fuss. No matter what hurry I am in, I never need to exceed 115 km/h.

If you find that people are going too slow for you in the fast lane, I get the feeling that you are looking for it.

Edited by nath

Or just give them an opportunity to pass....

:ph34r:

Nothing annoys me more than people who sit on 95 - 100kmh but speed up to 115kmh in the passing lane.

I used to give people an opportunity to pass but hardly anyone would actually pass, so I dont bother now unless it's a bike.

I think a lot of tailgaters just do it because that is how they drive - not because they are trying to hurry someone along.

I get f**ked off at slow drivers as well, but tailgating doesn't get you anywhere and it's dangerous.

The thing that really winds me up is people zipping down the outside of a long queue and cutting into the queue at the last second. Makes me wish I drove an H1 Hummer.

or the people who queue jump using the shoulder, it aint an extra lane for people who can't wait like everyone else

P.S - Where's the project thread on E36V8??

Heh I've seen you been asking a few times. I had some issues to address which slowed progress, but now that all the custom conversion parts are complete I will be swapping all the gear from the E36 shell I've been using as a template into my work E36 start from the last week of July (25th+) and then the fun begins of plumbing and wiring it up. It's cost a small fortune and countless ours of my time thus far - I just hope it will be worth it when its cert'ed and back on the road.

:rolleyes:

or the people who queue jump using the shoulder, it aint an extra lane for people who can't wait like everyone else

Tell me about it! Oh how I hate that.

Edited by E36V8

We all like build threads with plenty of pictures for future ref (July 25th onwards...) ;)

The other issue with this sort of thing is that there are times when you are only travelling the speed you are because the person in front of you is driving that speed (particularly in Auckland).

For example, you are travelling at 105, you pull into right lane to overtake the cars in front, so does the car in front of you. Car in left lane travels at 99, car in front travels at 101, therefore you travel at 101. Munter in a scoobaru attaches to your tow bar because he wants to over take you.

You FINALLY get past and pull to the left because Scoobaru wants to rocket past. You pull in behind and they sit at 103 or less.

That is the most frustrating part of other people being on the road.

AGREED!

man i hate that

That is the most frustrating part of other people being on the road

haha, yep thats me. Except i dont sit at 103, I usually give it a nudge up to 120 or so and then when i'm past the queue, move left and drop back to 110. I also won't tailgate until the car in front has a clear space on the left to move into. Then i'm all over 'em.

I do the best i can to not hold up traffic thats moving faster than me, which is why i dont like being tailgated, but am happy to hypocritically tailgate myself.

Edited by -Alias-

tailgating on the motorway is alrite, i just move over, but tailgating on a 50km road is just plain stupid.

i had someone honk and flash their high beams because i was doing 45 in a 50 zone, it just rained and this was at 10pm. at the traffic lights, he pulled up next to me, started swearing and flipping the bird at me.

his sister and mom was in the car, WTF, seriously. Then he sped off when the light was green, he was only going at 55km's before i turned off into another street.

Road rage much.

That whole fly along at 80 in 100zone then get to a 50 zone and continue along at 80.

This cuntry cant drive for sh*t.

That whole fly along at 80 in 100zone then get to a 50 zone and continue along at 80.

This cuntry cant drive for sh*t.

Agreed. f**k, we could be here for years having a moan.

Do something about it bimmersport.

I vote we all get Batman like accessories, say, drop spikes. Drive around and anyone who tailgates loses 4 tyres. That'll learn 'em.

now that's the way to win hearts and minds.

well done americaland.

The engine sounds quite interesting under hard acceleration. Supercharged?

If somebody is tailgating I get out of their way. Defensive Driving.

Most common sense post in the whole thread.

Well done that man.

One thing I do at night especially is turn on the rear FOG lights, this seems to work on most occasions for me. The ML and Astra I drive has unbelievably annoyingly bright rear fog lamps. Some idiots may actually think they are brake lights?

Edited by The Diesel Guy