Sign in to follow this  
MD13

M325?

Hey saw this - trademe

Does this look legit? Other than the auto box nice looking car...

What do you mean by legit, aside from the M325i comment it looks fine. Just a well otpioned 325i auto.

Edited by bmw3

Says in listing "unsure if it is a genuine M sport as it is not regiestered as one, however has the badges and all the features" - suppose it doesn't really matter just curious on if there's any easy way to tell?

For a start its 4dr & auto so is NOT an M-sport.

Its a Sth Africa market car consequently quite high speccd-looks quite nice esp with the schnitzer kit lolzz

Edited by 1rotty

You know .. you can get an 10year younger audi a4 quattro for that price.

Not that you'd want to.

You know .. you can get an 10year younger audi a4 quattro for that price.

Not that you'd want to.

a B5 A4 would be a nightmare at that mileage.

could you run into troubles in the future on acount of the LVVC plate saying its a straight 4 rather than a straight 6?

a B5 A4 would be a nightmare at that mileage.

meh .. good friend of mine just picked one up 104ks .. in awesome condition for that price.

I think sometimes people think e30's are worth more than they are, that goes for e36's too.

I think sometimes people think e30's are worth more than they are, that goes for e36's too.

It is not only confined to these models I feel. With the number of imports now available BMW have lost that prestige factor and have become as common as most other makes and models available on NZ roads. Instead it appears that all imports from Japan will be going up by about two grand due to the disaster their. Will this apply to all other imports also?, will that mean that a trade in will be worth more, I don't think so. Does any one feel sorry for the poor car sales man?.

Edited by allan

I'm not sure I'd be in any hurry to buy a Jap import. Probably just paranoia on my part but I wouldn't want a car that glows in the dark...

It is not only confined to these models I feel. With the number of imports now available BMW have lost that prestige factor and have become as common as most other makes and models available on NZ roads.

True there are BMW imports from Japan / Singapore / Uk, but these would tend to be the older models, and realistically E30s, E36s, E46s, etc not prestige models any more and this is reflected in the prices.

The current models are still very scarce, either as imports or NZ new and still have a price premium - compare a 3 year old 3 series price and specification against say a Subaru or Lexus..

Asking prices on TradeMe are often very optimistic so don't take that as a guide to what the market will take for an E30. Certain models will go for good money if they are in very good condition, the expectation of some is that their E30 is worth more as a result, conveniently forgetting the rarity and condition factors that make the other cars worth their price!

almost $3k do replace the clutch on a 4wd B5 A4 :wacko:

Just do it yourself and spend 400

True there are BMW imports from Japan / Singapore / Uk, but these would tend to be the older models, and realistically E30s, E36s, E46s, etc not prestige models any more and this is reflected in the prices.

Prestige, maybe not but some of the prices being asked for 8 -10 year old vehicles is mad ie one had a starting price of 15,000 the add expired and came back on with an increase of $2,000. and a buy price of 17,990, vehicle concerned 2002 325, not only confined to trade me . Would you pay 13,000, 15,000 for a 10 year old vehicle in average condition?. The price stated is not always what one will end up paying granted but to place those prices in the first place imo is nothing short of out right greed. As for the later models have heard they have a huge depreciation about 45%, not sure if that is correct but with that in mind what do you think a three year old vehicle would/should cost

Prestige, maybe not but some of the prices being asked for 8 -10 year old vehicles is mad ie one had a starting price of 15,000 the add expired and came back on with an increase of $2,000. and a buy price of 17,990, vehicle concerned 2002 325, not only confined to trade me . Would you pay 13,000, 15,000 for a 10 year old vehicle in average condition?. The price stated is not always what one will end up paying granted but to place those prices in the first place imo is nothing short of out right greed. As for the later models have heard they have a huge depreciation about 45%, not sure if that is correct but with that in mind what do you think a three year old vehicle would/should cost

Depends if it was a 2002 325 motorsport or not. I had been looking for months on trademe and was considering paying 16k for a 325i motorsport e46, but instead got a better deal on a msport wagon, but there are ALOT of them over the country wanting like 20k+ rediculous. But i kind of do feel sorry for some of the car salesman, they are importing cars that we think are too expensive, then the only way to sell it is to lower the price so they probably make $500 if that on the car.

The depreciation figures I usually hear bandied about in the industry are around 50% over the first 3 years, so a 3 year old car is worth half of what was originally paid for it. That figure then roughly carries on for the next few years as well, so after 6 years worth quarter of the original value, after 9 years one eighth.

There are exceptions to the rule obviously, but usually only by a few percent either way, unless you buy totally the wrong car, like a Falcon XT which depreciates faster than a used condom!

Harder to answer your other question, that much for a 2002 325 would seem a bit high, unless it had lots of extra fruit on it, but yes, I would pay more than 15k for a 10 year old car - if it was the right car.

looks alright and average for its age

I'd question additional fitments, more likely additional after assembly, maybe in NZ

as it has SE side skirts, non tech 2 rear apron, more aftermarket

I have not known ZA cars to be fitted with SE skirts in south africa and those extras.

Msport, a touchy topic for some, maybe put in the auction to grab attention

but africa had the IS, shadowline and some other rare oddballs, that would take time to go through,

anyways glws to him

I just tend to watch prices and wonder what is my E30 is worth?

Edited by Jono51

as it has SE side skirts, non tech 2 rear apron, more aftermarket

I have not known ZA cars to be fitted with SE skirts in south africa and those extras.

side skirts look more to be a hartge style. the rest of the kit is a bit of a grey area, can't recognise the other pieces. (lol just reread, has an AC front kit)

just noticed on the gauge cluster the fuel gauge has the bit extra for a long range tank, so most likely is a SA. probably has LSD aswell

pretty tidy though, but still wouldn't pay that much

Edited by flake

LOL, I'd better clean my glasses and enlarge the image,

anyways Hartge and AC isn't SA

but still nice all the same :D

is it me or are E30 prices going up?

Edited by Jono51

It's got a full ACS kit. - Spoiler

my kit looks just like that.

and ffs, f**king cert plate says it's an IL4..... Certifiers must be damn retarded.

Edited by antil33t

No Shelley's was a 2dr M325i.

On another account i'll sell my Black M325i tech1.....if interested PM me! And yes it is genuine!