Sign in to follow this  
runtothehills

Ex ministerial BMWs

Is anyone going to put a tender on one of the old crown BMW 730LD's.

They all seem to be 2008 models ranging from 66 to 99,000km. If you ask me they had at least another 100km each to go in ministerial service.

http://www.turners.co.nz/Vehicles/Pages/Ca...px?RefId=919382

What do you think these are worth compared to similar ones on trademe.?

Also, is there much differnce getting a COF versus a WOF, or is that just the diesel equivialant?

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=gaj250

Cof is commercial version of Wof, should be straight forward to change to wof, or use as taxi and keep on cof?

man look at the rear legroom!

Posted Image

Edited by kiwi535

Looks on par with my E38 iL

M57TUD30 - very easy to get 600nm out of those, great engine. Some of them have covered a reasonable distance in only three years. I wonder what they will sell for!!! Apparently they are holding on to some for heads of state and VIP's to use for the RWC 2011.

Accept your E38 looks nicer!

Depends on opinion... I much prefer the E65/6 over the old square shapes. :ph34r:

You'd probably be the minority :P. Could never live with one myself esp the dash

"However, he warned the 3-litre, 6-cylinder diesel cars were expensive to keep on the road. "They [the buyers] can expect to spend thousands for even a basic service. Any major repair will probably cost you about the same as a new Chinese car - they are not recommended for beneficiaries."

Or checkout this link here : Herald

Thousands just for a basic service? My X5's services were only $400.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Guest Ari Gold

Or checkout this link here : Herald

Thousands just for a basic service? My X5's services were only $400.

That guy seriously has NFI

how can it cost thousands?? over inflated parts and service fee??

Has anyone been to the dealership lately???? There so many of these still in use though, even the governor general is still kicking it in theirs, I saw it today

God, I love how the media hypes things up... Just because it's not a f**king japanese import it's going to be so EXPENSIVE and UNAFFORDABLE.

I reckon car dealers will snap them all up.

Has anyone been to the dealership lately???? There so many of these still in use though, even the governor general is still kicking it in theirs, I saw it today

I thought the GG had a Jag? Only car in the country allowed to cruise around without plates too! They must have changed to the BM's

I'm pretty sure my X5 had 15-20,000km intervals so 4 hundi on a service in retrospect is nothing IMO.

Yeah had the crown plate rather than a normal one!

Only car in the country allowed to cruise around without plates too!

Not quite. The Armed Forces diplomat cars get to cruise around with "Star Plates" on when they contain important people.

Not quite. The Armed Forces diplomat cars get to cruise around with "Star Plates" on when they contain important people.

I imagine that is an exception whereas the GG's car is always in NZ i.e if Obama came over to NZ, they carry all his cars in a C-17 Globemaster which I'm sure the NZ govt wouldn't make them get complied - lol Obama getting pulled over for no reg/wof/plates and no cert for the overweight car with mods haha!

Edited by The Diesel Guy