Sign in to follow this  
3series

Bargain alert...

FML..i didnt even see that one.

Don't be.

I know the person that used to own this and the Insurance company that wrote it off when it was T-boned at an intersection.

I showed the old owner of the advert and he was very surprised it got put back on the road - VERY surprised.

Edited by M3_Power

300kms??

IMO I think it's priced at where it should be, I'd rather a low milage 328i personally.

Had that on my watchlist too, was gutted I missed it at first but the lack of a FSH and the high kms made me feel better.

If it's been in a serious crash before then I'm even more glad I didn't impulse buy

305ks... previous big crash?

Run...

Yup, run, run like a bastard, I'd be running at just those k's on a high performance car.

Yup, run, run like a bastard, I'd be running at just those k's on a high performance car.

S50s with that many KMs isn't an issue on there own, seen plenty in the bay, some lower, some higher, no issues.

S50s with that many KMs isn't an issue on there own, seen plenty in the bay, some lower, some higher, no issues.

Surely they've had some rather decent repairs. 300kms on a performance engine is one thing but it has to have gotten there with some hefty maintenance. I'm not saying they are as un-reliable as an Audi but they are no Corolla either.

Surely they've had some rather decent repairs. 300kms on a performance engine is one thing but it has to have gotten there with some hefty maintenance. I'm not saying they are as un-reliable as an Audi but they are no Corolla either.

except corollas at 300+ ks usually haven't been properly maintained ;)

kms is such a NZ thing..... IMO its how the car was maintained in its life....

km mean jack sh*t I agree - and I know for a fact that this motor has had a BMW dealership rebuild under warranty.

However the T-boning and ensuing write off by the insurance company was some 8 to 10 years ago from memory when E36 M3s were fetching $35K+?? That's a pretty decent hit I'd say and according to my friend that car was in his own words "f**ked" - hence his surprise it was ever put back on the road.

km mean jack sh*t I agree - and I know for a fact that this motor has had a BMW dealership rebuild under warranty.

So obviously the engine totally shat itself, could have been outside warranty and been just as un-lucky.

its all about servicing

and whats been replaced etc

my e28 m535i with 515,000km now

post-279-1314821282.jpg

Exactly.

But most people selling cars don't sell them right after spending a couple grand servicing it.

I reduce my budget by about $2k when buying a car and factor $2k in to get it up to scratch.

Do an E28 odo's stop at 500,000 too like the early e34s? or is that just an old picture

As said before, KM's dont mean sh*t, a 100k (parts starting to fail, bushes etc) car is probably more shagged than 150k (bushes etc already replaced) car.

Do an E28 odo's stop at 500,000 too like the early e34s? or is that just an old picture

no they keep going ,

its reading 515,000 odd now

it was only the early e34 with the digital odo read out that used to stop at 300,000km or 300,000miles depedning on wether it was a nz or uk car etc

Oil services basically, no huge bills in the history apart from the odd inspectionII which can hurt. My inspectionII will be done on sat morn.

Legendary hitting the big half mill.

Few years back in QLD we had a taxi an old AU Failcon which had 550kms and I thought, fark even at 550kms it's bloody rough, and told the driver this, and he said yes, 1.55 million kms and had had a few engines and boxes, and about 6122 differentials.

Guest Ari Gold

Legendary hitting the big half mill.

Few years back in QLD we had a taxi an old AU Failcon which had 550kms and I thought, fark even at 550kms it's bloody rough, and told the driver this, and he said yes, 1.55 million kms and had had a few engines and boxes, and about 6122 differentials.

An AU falcon with that mileage is horrifying. I hope you walked the rest of the way!

Haha, it got us there barely. There was quite a few of them with the 1 mill plus when I lived in Melbourne.