Sign in to follow this  
huff3r

Fitness

So since we talk about almost everything on here I thought I'd bring this up.

What does everyone like to do to keep fit and healthy? Since leaving the airforce and losing the structure of PT sessions 3 times a week my fitness has plummeted. I've just started up going for runs a few times a week, and I'm keen to get into cycling.

I'd love to know what other ideas are out there, preferably options that don't cost a bomb.

But yeah, what do you guys do? I know theres a few keen cyclists on here haha.

I swim a couple times a week. Found that it was the best way of staying fit without damaging joints lol.

Also play touch rugby in summer and some other indoor sports occasionally.

Gym 3 times a week + 3 litres of milk a day at the moment for me. I'm skinny and summer's just around the corner, ha.

I ride a stupidly geared BMX from Devonport to Smales farm every day and back again, was hard as the first few weeks (rear driver is 9 tooth..), but feel alot better now, way more energy and alot fitter than I was.

Total ride takes about 45 mins there and 30 mins back since its mostly downhill on the way back.

punch and kick the crap out of my punching bag, swim 3 times a week, do a couple of weights, and sometimes do suicide runs at the local park.

Guest Ari Gold

Gym 3 times a week + 3 litres of milk a day at the moment for me. I'm skinny and summer's just around the corner, ha.

If you're using GOMAD I hope you don't sit down at work, it's not a very good weight gain system for skinny guys to be honest, as the gains you'll make will be more fat than muscle, it would be better to look into a lean-gains program, despite it taking much longer, as it's easier to keep fat off than it is to get rid of it.

Also, get an acne script from your doctor now as the sun is still relatively "weak" and the milk will have you breaking out all over your body in no time flat.

gym 4 - 5 times a week. cardio + wieghts. Trying to lose weight, but hard not to eat at night sometimes.

@ kingkarl - meal replacements is something to consider, $30 for 18 serves of ~12g protein. Your anchor milk has around the same amount, but obviously cheaper.

As Ari said, pimples and acne might be a problem. Soy/vege proteins is easier on the body compared to animal based products

If you're using GOMAD I hope you don't sit down at work, it's not a very good weight gain system for skinny guys to be honest, as the gains you'll make will be more fat than muscle, it would be better to look into a lean-gains program, despite it taking much longer, as it's easier to keep fat off than it is to get rid of it.

Also, get an acne script from your doctor now as the sun is still relatively "weak" and the milk will have you breaking out all over your body in no time flat.

I am quite sedentary apart from gym/part time work/walk to uni each day. I agree about the lean gains but a year of bugger all food very irregularly has taken it's toll on my weight. I was 77kg at the start of the year, down to 69kg a week or two ago. I'm 6'1" so 69kg was really on the skinny side for me. After 10 days or so of the milk slamming I'm up to 74kg, so good sh*t so far. I'll probably do it for another week to get closer to 80kg.

Then I'll have a bit of fat to come and go on and I can just focus on loading up on clean protein. My Abs are disappearing by the day, haha.

Skin is staying clear for now. If that changes I'll definitely stop, nothing worse.

gym 4 - 5 times a week. cardio + wieghts. Trying to lose weight, but hard not to eat at night sometimes.

@ kingkarl - meal replacements is something to consider, $30 for 18 serves of ~12g protein. Your anchor milk has around the same amount, but obviously cheaper.

As Ari said, pimples and acne might be a problem. Soy/vege proteins is easier on the body compared to animal based products

No doubt, looking forward to getting back to more leaner eating. Bucket loads of milk each day makes you feel pretty average.

The only problem with putting on 5kgs in 10 days is it will be ALL fat, your body physically can not put on that much muscle. What you will find when you stop drinking it and start dieting/cutting to get rid of all that fat, is you will actualy lose more muscle than you had to start.

^ looool.

I did go to the gym for a while. But it just got so fkn boring and I was surrounded by juiced up meatheads.

Pelvic thrusts for me seem to do the trick.

Guest Ari Gold

The only problem with putting on 5kgs in 10 days is it will be ALL fat, your body physically can not put on that much muscle. What you will find when you stop drinking it and start dieting/cutting to get rid of all that fat, is you will actualy lose more muscle than you had to start.

Totally agree, realistically, you could expect 30 grams a day of lean muscle mass (as a maximum), and even then you've got to have your metabolism ramped way up (6-7 meals per day) and be keeping very close tabs on your protein / carb / fat ratios and intakes.

6'1" and 69kgs only just underweight, you should be looking at meal replacement drinks to supplement your diet as realistically it costs probably the same as the milk, a whey source will be easier on your system than an animal source and be absorbed faster, so is ideal for early morning to midafternoon.

I know it can be tough to eat right as a student, but 3 regular healthy meals a day will do wonders.

Edited by Ari Gold

walk to/from work. work a heavy labour job, gym 6 times a week, 60-90 min cardio then weights 4-5 times a week. Cut drinking to almost zero. dont eat too much sh*t...

Run 6 or 7km a day 5 times a week. ruins my ankles

Haha well im 6'3" and only 72kgs, so certainly a lightweight myself. The running however should help me win back the 5kgs i lost since leaving the airforce, as it was all leg muscle that dissapeared.

I guess i should do some upper-body, but the gym is just unaffordable so I'll have to look into alternatives.

I sling steel around most days or swim, play premiere rugby in the winter then league in the spring, touch in the summer...still eat too much and should pound the pavement more but life gets busier the older you get lol

Haha well im 6'3" and only 72kgs, so certainly a lightweight myself. The running however should help me win back the 5kgs i lost since leaving the airforce, as it was all leg muscle that dissapeared.

I guess i should do some upper-body, but the gym is just unaffordable so I'll have to look into alternatives.

All running does is make you LOSE weight! And gives you skinny legs. so not much good at all except for heart really

you can see the difference in body build. Sprinters are buff. while long distance runners are skeletons. do sprint suicides imo like i do

Mountain biking at least twice a week - during summer 3 times a week (Wednesday evening rides)

Not into jumping or riding structures - just as fast as possible natural terrain riding. (Having done 20 years of moto-x I'm not interested is jumping a bicycle a few feet in the air..)

Bloody good fun and you keep fit!

I'm one of those people that joined a gym, went for a month and have hardy been back since.

Farking useless.....

Although I plan to change my bad habits this summer.

^^ hahaha i was like that too. got put off going to the gym by the steroid users grunting away lifting weights.. that and laziness.

I have put on 20kg in the last few months so its time to get back into it, starting today :D My Cycle is:

Monday - Do 100-200m sprints and suicides. Also sprint up Hills.

Tuesday - Weights

Wednesday - 5km Run

Thursday - Weights

Friday - Sprints, also play at the kiddies playground on the monkey bars ect

Saturday - Do a trackday or take the day off to work on the car :D

Sunday - Do Lengths at the pool and weights afterwards

This routine stops me from massing up to much but also kills my weight realllly quick.