Sign in to follow this  
deshanv

Changing colour of my BMW M3

Hi guys,

I am thinking of wrapping my car in a lime green colour to look like the car in the picture.

What do you guys think?

Who in auckland can do the wrapping for me at a good price?

Will it suit my interior, the interior is Kiwi Leather colour?

post-15678-1316060517.jpg

post-15678-1316060167.jpg

post-15678-1316060276.gif

Edited by dvsm3

It wont look bad with that interior colour.

But

Spend the money on other mods... In my opinion.

What other Mods?

What other Mods?

I dunno what you've currently got on your car but if it was me I'd do any number of things:

-Exhaust/intake upgrade

-New wheels

-Track upgrades, set of slicks etc

I don't really care about a car's colour - black is perfectly fine to me. Fluoro green isn't my thing. However, if you bought a new set of wheels with some dish, painted them black and painted the dish fluoro green I reckon that'd be pretty cool on a black car, with tinted windows. That way you still get the green in there but it's a little more subtle.

I'm with kingkarl on this one, spend the money elsewhere i.e. sick set of mags?

Also consider that painting a genuine M3 that sort of color will most likely drastically reduce your market if you ever want to sell it.

I dunno what you've currently got on your car but if it was me I'd do any number of things:

-Exhaust/intake upgrade

-New wheels

-Track upgrades, set of slicks etc

I don't really care about a car's colour - black is perfectly fine to me. Fluoro green isn't my thing. However, if you bought a new set of wheels with some dish, painted them black and painted the dish fluoro green I reckon that'd be pretty cool on a black car, with tinted windows. That way you still get the green in there but it's a little more subtle.

Thanks for the feedback mate,

Unfortunetly I can't do the exhasut and intake upgrades as I have a warranty on the vehicle and I can not modify anything like that, or the warranty will void.

Don't do anything like that please DESHAN . Youve got a great M3 now ... don't go spoiling it. Look after it and enjoy it

I'm with kingkarl on this one, spend the money elsewhere i.e. sick set of mags?

Also consider that painting a genuine M3 that sort of color will most likely drastically reduce your market if you ever want to sell it.

He's talking about rapping it, not painting it.

I am thinking of wrapping my car in a lime green colour to look like the car in the picture.

Go for it, but only since wrapping is reversible! Think most replies above thought you wanted to paint.

Edit: Have you gotten a quote to wrap?

Edited by NZ_BMW

Comments for what they are worth a) your previous post said this was your wifes car - seems as time goes on its becoming your car - good B) agree with the wheels rather than wrap - I spent too much de-curbing mine - should have gone for new rims (promised the wife I wouldn't though) c) you're 26, the green looks pretty good, the wrap can always be removed d) you will not be happy with the quality of a wrapped finish over the longer term

He's talking about rapping it, not painting it.

My bad, never knew you can do that!? Surely it would bubble somewhere?

Guest Ari Gold

Modern day wraps are indistinguishable from paint from about 5ft away.

You'd be looking at 3K, easy, for a full wrap.

spend money on wheels, your m3 is really tidy as is. a wrap in that colour wouldnt match your stock wheels imo

I'd put the money away for future maintenance and up keep.

About $4000 to have it done decently - cheap isn't always good when it comes to wraps.

That's a lot of money on quite a few maintenance items but bugger all if it's a major item like the dual vanos going kaboom ... and it'd buy you a couple of sensors on the E46 M3 when they crap out (which they will - starting with the lambda, then the DSC pressure, then the cam position and next the wheel speed sensor).

If the brakes or clutch are in need of replacement (and these won't be covered by your warranty) then you are looking at about $600 a corner and about $1800 to do the clutch

I'd put the money away for future maintenance and up keep.

About $4000 to have it done decently - cheap isn't always good when it comes to wraps.

That's a lot of money on quite a few maintenance items but bugger all if it's a major item like the dual vanos going kaboom ... and it'd buy you a couple of sensors on the E46 M3 when they crap out (which they will - starting with the lambda, then the DSC pressure, then the cam position and next the wheel speed sensor).

If the brakes or clutch are in need of replacement (and these won't be covered by your warranty) then you are looking at about $600 a corner and about $1800 to do the clutch

Such a positive thinker :P

Although you are correct about mantainance.

Wrap it in homax yellow...

I mean, spend it on better things. like maintenance. without maintenance your car might turn into a literal piece of lime green snot...

thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated. Looks like I will think twice now about this.

Whats wrong with Black?

Give it a decent detailing and you won't want anything else.

p.s. how much were you expecting to pay for a full wrap when you realised you liked that green?

Love Black BMW's, but that Lime Green above is HAWT!

If ALL you have is the coin for wrapping - then forget it. If you have the coin for wrapping and general maintenence then go for it!

I'd get new wheels at the same time. Just to pull off the look properly.

The other bonus about a wrap is that it will protect your paint from stonechips etc. Bonus!

I was expecting to pay abour $3000 for wrapping the entire car, and about $2500 for the wheels.

I sent it for a detail and cut and polish, and more fine scratches apearred which really doesn't look that nice close up. How can I get rid of the fine scratches and swirls. My car has alot of fine scratches it is crazy how evident it is.

I sent it for a detail and cut and polish, and more fine scratches apearred which really doesn't look that nice close up.

Where did you get your cut polish done? If done properly, it shouldn't happen.