Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Sold Merk

Trying to decide over the last few nights what to look at next and trying to decide. I want something that hauls ass this time - maybe Bimmersport can choose the next one lol...

A few possibles :

GTR

There's a few M5's but seem to be imports...

996 Turbo

Possibly one of these at the right price

Possibly a M3 sedan at a decent price

Edited by The Diesel Guy

What a lovely dilemma you have!

For that money, I couldn't go past a R35 GTR. It will decimate everything else you've shown, if that is your one and only aim. But, the 996 Turbo can easily be tuned to be faster, and it is a Porsche after all.

The M3 and M5 don't compare really to the 996 and R35, other than the fact they're around the same price. If you can afford to feed the M5, then that could be a lot of fun. I'd prefer the M3 though.

If this is just a toy, that doesn't need to be practical, go test drive every one of them and buy which one gives you the best feeling.

AntiL33t at work here is saying the GT-R aswell...

Phoned the service department at Nissan here and she thought I was talking about a GT-R Maxima? I heard there was problems with dealers servicing them when they first arrived, I take it this has been sorted?

C63 would be my choice. The GTR is bland and drives itself. Yeah it is quick but it doesn't feel quick and most of what is going on is not from the driver input.

M3 would have to be the right specs and price. The M5 would have to be NZ new and the right color.

Wish I had to make this choice.

AntiL33t at work here is saying the GT-R aswell...

Phoned the service department at Nissan here and she thought I was talking about a GT-R Maxima? I heard there was problems with dealers servicing them when they first arrived, I take it this has been sorted?

Dodson's. Even Nissan send cars to him now ;)

GTR all day long for me, they are fast, f**king fast, they make an M3 feel like it has an engine fault and four space savers fitted.

Trying to decide over the last few nights what to look at next and trying to decide. I want something that hauls ass this time - maybe Bimmersport can choose the next one lol...

A few possibles :

GTR

There's a few M5's but seem to be imports...

996 Turbo

Possibly one of these at the right price

Possibly a M3 sedan at a decent price

Either the 911 or the C63 depending on what i needed it for. Would have a merc or audi over any equivelent late model bmw anyday.

GTR or the M3, Try get a test drive in all of them and make sure its for you.

M3 GTR? hahahah.

Have we all forgotten the 1M. Isn't that round this price range. More fun than a M3, and M5. Look's 10 times better too!!

How about Maserati Quattroporte?

Sure, not as fast as the other cars in the list, but it's different and practical with a hint of Italian.

I'm pretty sure Richard Hammond made it a law that every man must at some stage own a 911.

This is going to sound way off the beaten track here but whilst at Southern Motorcourt looking at an drooling over an Audi R8 I came across a 123d - so out of curiosity I took it for a drive. Anyone driven one?

123d

That car has some serious power and I looked up on the remapping and it would produce 500nm with 197kw That is V8 eating stuff in a car that size.

Either the 911 or the C63 depending on what i needed it for. Would have a merc or audi over any equivelent late model bmw anyday.

Go and wash your mouth out with soap... M3 all day! B)

I do like Audi's but I'm yet to drive one that feels as good and as well made as a late model BMW - they also aren't the most reliable car in the world and when they break they can be rather expensive. The 123d I drove yesterday felt awesome to drive and felt like a real drivers car and being and even though it's diesel it would still dominate a lot cars in corners and in performance.

I do like Audi's but I'm yet to drive one that feels as good and as well made as a late model BMW - they also aren't the most reliable car in the world and when they break they can be rather expensive. The 123d I drove yesterday felt awesome to drive and felt like a real drivers car and being and even though it's diesel it would still dominate a lot cars in corners and in performance.

yes a mate who drives lots of cars describes 123d as a rocketship.....my little 120d chipped is very impressive in the 2-4.5 k rpm band and with six gears thats quite a speed spread....drive the m3 tho....

yes a mate who drives lots of cars describes 123d as a rocketship.....my little 120d chipped is very impressive in the 2-4.5 k rpm band and with six gears thats quite a speed spread....drive the m3 tho....

I agree. But drive the M3. I've got the e90 M3 and drive a few diesels from time to time...(120d, 335d etc etc)

Modern diesels are fast.

BUT....

There is just *something* about catapulted down the road with 4 people in the car with you and that 8400rpm V8 soundtrack.

I agree. But drive the M3. I've got the e90 M3 and drive a few diesels from time to time...(120d, 335d etc etc)

Modern diesels are fast.

BUT....

There is just *something* about catapulted down the road with 4 people in the car with you and that 8400rpm V8 soundtrack.

totally agree...modern diesels are fast and torquey but they just dont have the rev range or the ulimate horsepower of a modern petrol and the m3 has a very impressive rev range

Edited by kiwi535

Ok after looking at your first post there is no way you can settle for a 123d I dont care how fast it can go with a chip and exhaust mod, you will regret it !! If you really want something that "hauls ass" and is a mans car (not a hatchback) Go the E60 M5 technically they are all imported NZ new hardly makes a difference get a good one that was imported from UK and you cant go wrong...

E60 M5

Ok after looking at your first post there is no way you can settle for a 123d I dont care how fast it can go with a chip and exhaust mod, you will regret it !! If you really want something that "hauls ass" and is a mans car (not a hatchback) Go the E60 M5 technically they are all imported NZ new hardly makes a difference get a good one that was imported from UK and you cant go wrong...

E60 M5

Yes yes yes, my sights are always set high and then I end up with an oil burner. I guess it's running costs that ultimately scare me off at an average of 25,000km p/a. After giving that 123d a hiding all day yesterday it was still averaging 7.5 / 100km If I was to go M5 it would have to be a NZ new low mileage example and there doesn't seem to be anything around that matches those per-requisites.

I now have a M sport 3 series in the driveway lol...

post-2864-1323547402.jpg

post-2864-1323547412.jpg

post-2864-1323547419.jpg

post-2864-1323547426.jpg

Have you factored in the road user charge's about 4.5 cents a k I believe and the extra rego now required, 406hdi pug $481.00 odd to your overall running costs.

Have you factored in the road user charge's about 4.5 cents a k I believe and the extra rego now required, 406hdi pug $481.00 odd to your overall running costs.

Exactly after the RUC and extra rego, there is virtually no savings on running costs, I know diesels are more reliable and will usually outlive the petrol equivalents if serviced and maintained, but at the end of the day they are still "oil burners" as you like to put it.... BTW I do like that Red 320d, looking good!