Sign in to follow this  
charles28

Finally got another BMW

Hi Guys,

I sold my last E30 some time ago now, this time I decided to get something cruiser and more comfortable.

Its nothing exciting however, its a Jap Import E39 528i with the much hated Jatco Tranny, (but it seems to change nicely and have no current issues).

However at 97,000ks I thought the car was a good buy for $4000, I couldn't imagine purchasing a safer car for this money.

It needs a bit of a tidy up and some minor repairs, I have ordered a new part for the Climate control system (Fan Control Hedgehog looking thing) and have arranged for a guy to repair the LCD Display in the dash Cluster. (Basically replacement of the Bonded Ribbon cable that fails on most of these cars).

Next thing I am going to do is replace the Rear window regulator then attack the headlights with the 3M headlight restoration Kit.

In the new year I'll get the front Lip repaired (Fibreglass) and some paint touch ups done, along with getting the front bumper lined up properly, also refit factory Fog Lights.

This is the car in its current state:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow cant go wrong with that for 4k.

Will come up much nicer once you sort the headlights out

:)

Yeah, looks like its frowning with the bumper out of alignment like that! :) Good buy though, liking the wheels.

Yeah, looks like its frowning with the bumper out of alignment like that! :) Good buy though, liking the wheels.

Lol, was thinking the same thing with the bumper!

Looks like a damn good buy, very tidy and low as ks.

I remember in another thread you mentioned the leather is just seat covers, what are the seats like under them?

Welcome to the 5 series family Charles! A good buy for 4k if you attempt to clean your headlight lenses you may find that the inside of them may need to be cleaned also to get a worth while effect. A clear euro light set up makes them look a whole lot nicer and if you wish to play with the nav to get it working, if not already working but in joy the ride.

Cheers Allan

Lol, was thinking the same thing with the bumper!

Looks like a damn good buy, very tidy and low as ks.

I remember in another thread you mentioned the leather is just seat covers, what are the seats like under them?

I think the car seat covers have been on the car since it was new (going by the wear) I had a look at one of the seats, it was like brand new :)

I'm assuming my Wheels are just some Generic 17 inch with BMW Centre caps?

Not much progress so far as far as the bodywork goes, infact none at all.

Today I sold my Turbo CRX and VW Golf VR6, so the car will get some attention soon.

So far since buying the car I have replaced the rear window regulator, heater hedgehog, ribbon cable in speed cluster, installed cd stacker from 2005 E46, (plays mp3s), installed my amp and sub, serviced auto tranny, engine, replaced belt tensioner, pulley and alternator belt.

The car is now finally kept in the garage, but it only just fits.

Soon I will need to sort out the headlights as the WOF is due next month, i want to sort out the front bumper also as its annoying me now.

The front lip needs to be replaced or repairs.

I have a replacement cam Sensor on the way to install.

I think this post needs to be moved to Projects.. if an admin reads this, can you please move it.

Cheers

Edited by Charles32