Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

another BMW!

So I've finally got another one!

It's a 1992 525i Touring, Twin Sunroofs (that don't leak) NZ New.

found it on the side of the road, managed to score it cheap. Have a few things to do, needs a new headlight, one of the lock actuators don't work, it idles funny. but it pulls hard, trans shifts smooth.

I'm pretty stoaked, the AC even works!

Posted Image

Fixed :P

post-1129-1329338880.jpg

Edited by antil33t

Niiiice. Gonna do rims and lowering at some stage?

Do we still have some members here running 800 x 600 on their 14" monochrome crt do we?

Nah bro the server got sick of people being lazy and uploading 10MB photos. Always two sides to a story ;)

Sweet score btw hehe what number BMW is that for you now ?

Nah bro the server got sick of people being lazy and uploading 10MB photos. Always two sides to a story ;)

Sweet score btw hehe what number BMW is that for you now ?

It was obviously hosted externally, otherwise the server wouldn't allow the upload. = no extra load on the server :P

only an elite few have the E34 Wagons :P an excellent shape imo except for the front grill area. looking forward to progress pics on yours!

iForces uploader resize only let me choose 25%, 50% and 75% clearly 75% isn't enough :P I dunno how to resize images using a mac... they are not easier to use contrary to popular culture/

Can I put the big kidneys on :0

It's my second BMW.

Just gave it a quick wash and had a look around for things... found the battery... Under the rear seat :S

checked out some wiring, and the head unit wiring hasn't been bastardized, even though the head unit sorta just flops around in a hole. (bit like taking a girl home on a Saturday night)

Need to sort a few things.

- f**kING IDLE BRRM BRRM BRRM BRRM BRRM DERP DEPR DERP.

- Rear lock actuator

- Rear Wiper

- Fix Drivers door switch (interior light and door warning flash randomly)

- Coolant sensor (COOLANT LEVEL)

- Washer Sensor (WASHER LEVEL LOW)

- Brake sensors? (Probably not even installed hahahah)

- Headlight, has a hole in it bruv.

-Piss angled steering wheel when straight

- Boot glass panel smacks you in the face if you try and leave it up.

- Bonnet gas rams

and just give the rest of it a damn good clean.

Then eventually one day which I'll never get. (or I see a mean deal on trademe) some new wheels.. but the staggered bottlecap things are okay I guess :P

Edited by antil33t

Can I put the big kidneys on :0

checked out some wiring, and the head unit wiring hasn't been bastardized, even though the head unit sorta just flops around in a hole. (bit like taking a girl home on a Saturday night)

- f**kING IDLE BRRM BRRM BRRM BRRM BRRM DERP DEPR DERP.

yep need new bonnet grill panel and plastics. so im told anyway.

you would know

LOL

I'm thinking either or, the boot is starting to split, some of the vac hoses have tape on them around the ends.. so might just go through it all and see :)

Yeah, I went and had a look at this. The young dude said he was selling it on behalf of his mum but i wasn't really convinced...i considered grabbing it but a few too many issues and kms for me and just don't have the time to be playing with another project...Great price though and glad it is going to someone who will take car of it. :)

It was obviously hosted externally, otherwise the server wouldn't allow the upload. = no extra load on the server :P

Cool you would then have no problem clicking on the 'Click to view full image' bar to view a bigger image. IE there is no problem.

There was a problem with the original image Josh...was over 6meg. I copied it and edited the picture with the small image and deleted the original.

There was a problem with the original image Josh...was over 6meg. I copied it and edited the picture with the small image and deleted the original.

Cool cheers glenn :)

Was going to get used today but found water all over the passengers seat, all over the floor....

Passenger side drain was absolutely clogged to f**k.

jammed the air jet with some tape down the hole, and OOZE comes out. - Cool.

Intake boot has a whole heap of cracks in it, taping them up is helping with idle.

The AC Compressor randomly engages/disengages even if the AC is turned off.... for no reason...

Edited by antil33t

Fixed up the drivers door, wasn't adjusted properly.

sh*t some of the things wrong with this car are so trivial it's not funny.

Still trying to track down the vac leak, Need an unbiased mechanic friend that won't go "f**king sh*t bmw buy a toyota ect ect"

Posted Image

and just chillin' with little brother :)

Edited by antil33t

buy a can of engine start and spray it around all the hoses and intake manifold if there's a leak you'll soon find it.

Engine start spray? ahh that's the one!

I tried using WD-40 it made a slightly different noise, but. placebo effect ect ect.

Cheers guys!

I reckon it's the bitch pipe that's under the intake manifold that goes into the ICV.

Edited by antil33t

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Electric fan conversion..... Not 100% happy with the fan and how it looks, but it works well... with a good 15mm clearance apart from a few areas.

Car's had a new radiator, new water pump, new thermostat... now doesn't leak any oil... excellent.

clearance looks pretty tight there, even tighter than my E34. i hope your engine mounts are good condition!