Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

E60 M5 for 40k reserve

Would have to be the cheapest E60 I've seen yet. It's an import but at that price a little hard to ignore!

BMW M5

Map still works so either it's had money spent doing that or it's a Singapore import which only needs the disc to get working.

But like you said, 40g is hard to look the other way.

Hmmm buy now is $71500..... that's a LOT more than the starting bid!

Very nice car, I love Jeremy Clarksons review on Top Gear...

Most annoying car in the world... (presses M button)... BEST car in the world!

It's come in from the UK. Liisted as manual, but only 2 pedals. 3 pedals are just so much betterer.

Map still works so either it's had money spent doing that or it's a Singapore import which only needs the disc to get working.

But like you said, 40g is hard to look the other way.

Ex UK so same Nav system as here

Mmmm I wouldn't worry about the buy now on the other auction. If you bid 40k on it, it'll be reserve met and most likely you'll get it for much less than 70.

Mmmm I wouldn't worry about the buy now on the other auction. If you bid 40k on it, it'll be reserve met and most likely you'll get it for much less than 70.

If it's not pulled lol...

Just for interest sack checked some of the details of this M5 on RealOEM.com they don't line up. Chassis No WBSNB92000CV17160 as stated in Trade me photo, unless I have it wrong. It comes up as E63LCI,left hand drive, prod month of 05/2008, 635D. Or just a simple wrong chassis number provide maybe?.

How long before these are put into the too expensive to own and fix basket and we see them selling for less than the more desirable IMHO E39 M5's??

Do not want.

Edited by apex

Just for interest sack checked some of the details of this M5 on RealOEM.com they don't line up. Chassis No WBSNB92000CV17160 as stated in Trade me photo, unless I have it wrong. It comes up as E63LCI,left hand drive, prod month of 05/2008, 635D. Or just a simple wrong chassis number provide maybe?.

You read it wrong (so did I), it's CU, not CV. Comes up as an E60 M5 sedan with s85 engine.

How long before these are put into the too expensive to own and fix basket and we see them selling for less than the more desirable IMHO E39 M5's??

Do not want.

Engine swap ftw!

Just like the v10 e30..

Then sell off the e60 parts, im sure there will be a market for e60 parts soon enough.

Id hate to think what some of the parts will cost, parts for the e39 are dear enough.

Thanks Scott will have to go get the eyes checked out lol.

Soon enough? There is a massive market for used parts for the E60 M5 as they are falling apart, problem is like most BMWs they all fall apart in the same places meaning you need to buy new parts and that's where the E60 M5 will essentially write itself off. Ask Glenn how many times you can use the launch control before it needs its clutches done and then ask how much it costs to do them.

The E39 M5 is a hamster on a wheel in comparison and a much more attractive everyday classic performance car. The E60 is an intimidating car with intimidating repair costs and maintenance to match, it also drinks like a Bimmersport member on a Saturday night in Taupo on a track weekend meaning you essentially have a performance car that you cant afford to drive it fast.

Edited by apex

Soon enough? There is a massive market for used parts for the E60 M5 as they are falling apart, problem is like most BMWs they all fall apart in the same places meaning you need to buy new parts and that's where the E60 M5 will essentially write itself off. Ask Glenn how many times you can use the launch control before it needs its clutches done and then ask how much it costs to do them.

The E39 M5 is a hamster on a wheel in comparison and a much more attractive everyday classic performance car. The E60 is an intimidating car with intimidating repair costs and maintenance to match, it also drinks like a Bimmersport member on a Saturday night in Taupo on a track weekend meaning you essentially have a performance car that you cant afford to drive it fast.

I'm not sure I'd ever buy one to use every day, in fact after thinking after finishing that last sentence I wouldn't. It's a toy, using that gearbox around town would make one suicidal and the extra wear & tear created from daily use would mean that you'd have more maintenance expenses than you would if you just used it once a week. I don't think these cars will become a E65 7 series i.e expensive to buy and maintain, and cheap as chips at only a few years old i.e 18k for a 2003 745i !!!

If I was buying I wouldn't hesitate in purchasing the best warranty money could buy also...

I just need the engine .. anyone else want the rest of the car :P

Then I find some e39 M5 running gear to put in that body and I reckon I have the perfect car.

They arent that dear to own, yes if you have a catastrophic failure, but these cars are reasonably reliable considering the performance!

the engines are virtually bulletproof as long as the vanos high pressure oil line and or pump has been done.

the gearbox is good, clutches do go but not that often and its still a conventional clutch so what do you expect??

I think alot of people are forgetting that the car is comprable in performance to the likes of a Ferrari etc, and therefore cannot be compared maintainance wise to say a E39 anything!

I've got a customer with one thats done 180,000km and drives it daily and he gets very good fuel economy for what it is and has been super reliable.

I'd own one anyday! certainly much more desiarable than an E39 M5 to drive and look at in my opinion.

I think alot of people are forgetting that the car is comprable in performance to the likes of a Ferrari etc, and therefore cannot be compared maintainance wise to say a E39 anything!

My Mrs cousin drives Ferraris (recently cancelled his order for a new FF, as he's moving to Ireland!). First service on his "old" Modena Spyder was about NZ$5500. Oil cahnge and valve adjustment basically! Engine has to be lowered to do it mind you.

Clutches were about NZ$10-12K from memory and usually didn't last long... 20 - 30K.

So the M5 is probably a bargain, service wise, in comparison!

Then I find some e39 M5 running gear to put in that body and I reckon I have the perfect car.

hmmm, I think if youre going to the effort to make an s62 fit, may as well spend the $$$ on a v10. The thing for me is the sound when its running on straight pipes.

My e30 with the sound of an f1 car. To hard to pass up :P

Its 5 years away before those engines are a normal obtainible price. + it will truely decimate all on the track. Really its cheap supercar performance

Those engines alone won't ever be "cheap" to obtain.

Like any M Engine. These will be worth a mint in parts for race car projects.

Comparable to a Ferrari? I don't think so. Good Ferrari's don't weight two ton, I agree both would be intimidating to drive fast on a Kiwi back road though.

I have spoken with few M5 owners and they have told me what it costs to run them so I am under no illusions, they drive theirs properly though and that's what I am getting at, its very well to own one nana it around and say they are not to bad to maintain but you don't buy a M5 to nana around you but a 550i.

Edited by apex

At the moment new theyre 38k new and around 25-28 second hand .. This will have to drop. I suspect them falling to around 15k as the price of the vehicle drops to 30-25k mark as has happened to s62 engines/vehicles. Its just a matter of time.

As for maintainence, that price drops too. My s50 isnt that bad to maintain anymore.. its a 13 year old engine. The trick is doing it yourself. And if your going to hoon around, you need to obtain these skills or have the bank roll to pay someone else.

Hmmm auction has been withdrawn by vendor!