Sign in to follow this  
sidewayswhat!

M50 into E30 stuff

Ok so I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding a couple of thing like e28 m5 or 525 (I believe) motor mounts anyone have any laying round they wanna sell? Also a e34 m50 sump with oil pick, dipstick and tube? I really need these to get the motor in so I can get my turbo lined up etc in the engine bay.

Some help me find these bits PLEASE. PM me if you have anything, Thanks

Ring Ray at HellBM, I'm sure he'll give you a good price incl shipping.

If you know the dimentions you are after. Just ring up the mount shop and see if you can match one that is close.

I use Jag ones in my E30 as they are stronger yet exactly the same dimentions. So worth a call.

If you know the dimentions you are after. Just ring up the mount shop and see if you can match one that is close.

I use Jag ones in my E30 as they are stronger yet exactly the same dimentions. So worth a call.

+1 for the mount shop, I am using Izuzu bighorn mounts on my e30s50 conversion.

I don't know the dimentions of the mounts does anyone know where I can find them? also did your Izuzu bighorn mounts make the engine sit funny or make it sit better etc?

thanks

I don't know the dimentions of the mounts does anyone know where I can find them? also did your Izuzu bighorn mounts make the engine sit funny or make it sit better etc?

thanks

They make it sit perfectly but it would be easier for you just to get the right mounts as the izuzu ones required a bit of fabrication to get them at the right height.

They make it sit perfectly but it would be easier for you just to get the right mounts as the izuzu ones required a bit of fabrication to get them at the right height.

How stiff are the isuzu mounts? My mounts compress too much under full noise.

if you want BMW partsbin ones you need E28 M30 engined ones. M5 works because the S38 is, for this purpose, the same as M30

I went to auto align and parts master to see if they had the mounts who get them from the mount shop and they cant get any for at least 3 months, I also went to jeff grey bmw and got quoted $112 for the right side mount and they are going to call me with a price for the left side e28 m5 mounts. Wold there be anyone else I could get the mounts from or just suck it up and spend up to $224 for new bmw mounts???

Call Ray at HellBM

You don't just need E28 M5 mounts you can use E28 M30 mounts aswell, as Andy said.

Need fabrication, But the M5 e28 required at least a 5mm spacer for me, using a golf booster without the firewall slotted, and had to shave 3 fins off the intake manifold.

Come have a look today tomorrow if youre keen man, the engines coming back out, f**ked the shitty gearbox I got off trademe...

Edited by Ven

Need fabrication, But the M5 e28 required at least a 5mm spacer for me, using a golf booster without the firewall slotted, and had to shave 3 fins off the intake manifold.

Come have a look today tomorrow if youre keen man, the engines coming back out, f**ked the shitty gearbox I got off trademe...

will have to, I dont finish course till 4 tomorrow, and on wed finish at 12, so whenever is good with you flick me text.

I'm thinking for just getting big horn mounts and doing the fab work at course if I can, what fab work is needed to get the big horn mounts to work/fit?

what fab work is needed to get the big horn mounts to work/fit?

It requires a small bit of pipe to be welded onto both perches to raise the mounting perches, then a steel mounting plate needs to be welded on top of the pipe either side. IIRC The steel pipe is about 3cm on the exhaust side and 2cm on the inlet side.

I would suggest getting the correct mounts rather than using my method. In saying that, even though the Izuzu mounts are rubber they are stiff as and cheap to replace.

Sweet thanks, i'll keep looking for the right mounts for a bit longer but I'll probs go with your method as I need the m50 in my cr way before july

IIRC I used E34 m20 mounts, you just need to grind off the locating tab and they drop right in. Should be easy enough to find,.

IIRC I used E34 m20 mounts, you just need to grind off the locating tab and they drop right in. Should be easy enough to find,.

can you pm some photos or something like to me, becasue e34 m20 mounts might be easy to find.

Also if there are other people that have used different mounts can you post photos or pm photos as I'm finding e28 mounts hard to find let alone the sump

Ok soon I've got my mounts sorted I just a e34 sump with all the other stuf, does anyone know or have a spear one I can buy and will ship if need be?

didnt see your reply haha. pretty much most days after 5 in the week i can sort something out. easier if you text me haha :P

didnt see your reply haha. pretty much most days after 5 in the week i can sort something out. easier if you text me haha :P

Haha its algood, yeah I think i've got most of easter off.