Sign in to follow this  
HELLBM

Introducing project drift hack

if their not going with either nor fussed on which one stick LS7 in it or better still a VK56

Haha, word.

In hindsight I should have just bought one of those LSX V8 Vorshlag E36 kits.

Haha, word.

In hindsight I should have just bought one of those LSX V8 Vorshlag E36 kits.

theres nothing wrong with the 1uz i was hoping this project was going to stay all BMW the jet sprint boat i did with 2x turbos on a vh41 stroked on 1bar made a healthy 1380hp and 1100ft/lb were now going to the VK56 its 40kg ligther but still not as light as the LS7 still it makes a lot more power even na, we turn the VK n/a with cams to 10500 sounds very nice.

theres nothing wrong with the 1uz i was hoping this project was going to stay all BMW the jet sprint boat i did with 2x turbos on a vh41 stroked on 1bar made a healthy 1380hp and 1100ft/lb were now going to the VK56 its 40kg ligther but still not as light as the LS7 still it makes a lot more power even na, we turn the VK n/a with cams to 10500 sounds very nice.

Oh yeah I love the 1UZ, but for HP/NM Value an LS motor would probably be easier, in saying that they arent too cheap to buy compared to a 1UZ from what I have seen.

1380/1100! I thought Dale Buckleys 1UZ V8 TT Supra was huge at 800 or 900hp, thats certainly something else.

Heck, 10.5k RPM from a VK... that would be music!

Oh yeah I love the 1UZ, but for HP/NM Value an LS motor would probably be easier, in saying that they arent too cheap to buy compared to a 1UZ from what I have seen.

1380/1100! I thought Dale Buckleys 1UZ V8 TT Supra was huge at 800 or 900hp, thats certainly something else.

Heck, 10.5k RPM from a VK... that would be music!

it did 50 pulls on the dyno to that rpm sounded like a NASCAR

You'd hope they weren't going to seam weld that thing on a rotisserie-should be done on a chassis machine if want to keep the thing straight-will be a nightmare for alignment.

You'd hope they weren't going to seam weld that thing on a rotisserie-should be done on a chassis machine if want to keep the thing straight-will be a nightmare for alignment.

wouldnt hold your breath on that one

Any updates on this build Ray?

Latest update: Chassis Works

Looks like they are really going to town on it! I suppose somewhat of a necessity if they are going to be driving/drifting it hard around race tracks.

Drift hack at the 4 & Rotary Nationals today:

post-1470-0-82122500-1390610290_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-09718200-1390610318_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-36941000-1390610339.jpg

post-1470-0-19814500-1390610362_thumb.jp

I`ve got a M62 here that I`ll donate. Now t o convince them.

• Like 1

Rather eclectic colour scheme they went for. Didn't this start off as a V8 (1UZ / M60?)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the basis for a successful drift car a high torque engine with a linear power curve? If so, what's with the 13b?? :huh:

• Like 1

I've never understood the appeal of bringing half finished cars to shows when they have to be pushed into place, can anyone explain?

the rear half of the color scheme i liked

N/A rota in drifter not the greatest with 200hp

• Like 1

N/A?! For all the effing around they might as well have left the M50 in there.

Always thought drifters were an odd bunch :ph34r:

not sure why this was removed posted by Ahmedsinc but i agree on both things

Edited by crunchy

N/A?! For all the effing around they might as well have left the M50 in there.

Always thought drifters were an odd bunch :ph34r:

not sure why this was removed posted by Ahmedsinc but i agree on both things

Lol, I pulled it cos I had a look at the photos after I posted to realise it is turbocharged & didn't want to look like a total dick :D

How's your E34? Haven't heard anything lately :(

the e34 wont stop :(

long story but i basically have too much motor and not enough car got some higher grip pads from cold coming hopefully that does the trick, racing isnt the issue you get time to warm pads but for the cert they need to work like stock

as for the go ?

now running 10psi 265 tires dont really do alot tis fun though

the e34 wont stop :(

long story but i basically have too much motor and not enough car got some higher grip pads from cold coming hopefully that does the trick, racing isnt the issue you get time to warm pads but for the cert they need to work like stock

as for the go ?

now running 10psi 265 tires dont really do alot tis fun though

Going by your customers rides it comes as no surprise you've built an engine that is beyond the capabilites of a standard brake system :) Apologies for the thread jack Ray