Sign in to follow this  
HELLBM

Introducing project drift hack

Hope they stick with a BMW engine, always confuses me why people buy a BMW and put a different makers engine in there, it's like going to an expensive restaurant to eat the Mc Donald's you smuggled inside.

good plug for you in that huh!

should have picked a good looking BMW tho :ph34r:

Hope they stick with a BMW engine, always confuses me why people buy a BMW and put a different makers engine in there, it's like going to an expensive restaurant to eat the Mc Donald's you smuggled inside.

ROFL nice analogy.

But I hate to say it but, something like an E36 hasn't been expensive for a v.long time (excl M cars of course).

And HP/$ a BMW engine does not make any sense if you just want something FUN.

May not be purist, but most FUN things aren't :lol:

Edited by E30-323ti

Do it.. fu*ckn mean. :D

Looks like a fun project!

ROFL nice analogy.

But I hate to say it but, something like an E36 hasn't been expensive for a v.long time (excl M cars of course).

And HP/$ a BMW engine does not make any sense if you just want something FUN.

May not be purist, but most FUN things aren't :lol:

Agreed.

Of course I am bias too, but a Toyota V8 or I6 engine are faultless engines. It's just the name that puts people off.

Its reported anyway the M60 engine was developed after BMW looked to Toyotas 1UZ-FE for inspiration.

M60 options are being explored. (my encouragement of the BMW theme via a donor motor)

M60 options are being explored. (my encouragement of the BMW theme via a donor motor)

Awesome! Keep up the encouragement!

maybe encourage an M60 AND crunchy B)

Steve `Crunchy` Murch

10 years as NZPC tech advisor certainly gives Crunchy the credentials.

Didn't know Crunchy was into the rust scene? haha

Steve `Crunchy` Murch

10 years as NZPC tech advisor certainly gives Crunchy the credentials.

close was over 12 and for free and dvd's and other mags i left when the mag turned to crap as you see it now, its now targeted at 12-22 year old caps on backwards wana be car enthusiasts.

Come on Steve. Help them out for old times sake.

This could get interesting... But the real star of the video is Dexter!!

Edited by Red Dwarf

Come on Steve. Help them out for old times sake.

tried that but i don't know crap thus why i tell those who really want to know not those who think they know as im sure the net is always right despite someone that's be doing it coming up 30 yrs( thus why Ive been writing a book), so i guess you could say im a tad over up start little.......you fill in the rest <_<

but best of luck all the same at-least the BMW will add some class to the drifting scene :lol:

Edited by crunchy

You know 20 years a go I use to be one of those cap backwards fellas .. (it was all about basketball back then not dubstep) :P

I remember reading those articles you wrote a few years later when I got into cars and dreaming of owning something half way decent than my 1980's poo brown mazda that I chopped the springs on.

I was mates with Randle Edgell's daughter .. and I remember being around the dinner table one time talking to Randle when I was 17 asking him what mods I should do to my poo brown mazda to make it go faster.

You could imagine what was going through his head haha. The guy had just finished prepping half of the WRC cars for the NZ round and heres me asking how to make a 1.5 4cylinder sewing machine engine to go faster.

I guess we were all there at one point.

his boy Timmy has taken over that roll now in between crashing the NZV8

Quote of the f**king century

because we need more Burt Munros and John Brittens out there.

Ill add a little insight to the article regarding my sh*t box e34 it was done as a parting piss take based on what was going on at the mag and the direction it was taking, the two main people that created the mag and its direction over the years myself and the editor could see it was turning to crap so when i left so did he 3 months later as with his right hand man and started his own mag.

So any comments i made in that article were done to get an reaction and to show how people take themselves and their cars way to seriously but the the reference to Britten and Munro was true we have a become sheep in many ways following trends not setting them and due to the net no longer have the ability to think for ourselves or outside the square so the way i see it is "dont just do things to make others happy do what they will remember" or let results speak for themselves.

sorry ray for my dribble now lets see that 36 v8 make the jappers look stupid :)

Edited by crunchy

sorry ray for my dribble now lets see that twin turbo 36 v8 make the jappers look stupid :)

Fixed that for you ;)

B)

Fixed that for you ;)

B)

you have good taste my friend :lol: :lol:

This could get interesting... But the real star of the video is Dexter!!

Dexter is definitely the star.. then again.. so is the red M3. :D