Sign in to follow this  
CSET

Greetings all

Hi all,

I've recently purchased my first BMW after owning a number of Hondas (and an Audi A6 - don't hold that against me, it was a horrible vehicle and I was quite young at the time).

Long time fan - many of the family have/had BMW's of all descriptions, and with my wife now working at BMW I thought I'd join the ranks.

I'm based in Auckland, and have been a regular on the NZHonda forum from 2002. There's a chance I have met a number of you over the past few years in WGTN or AKL through family connections and/or race days, so I welcome the opportunity to reintroduce myself and the chance to become part of the BMW community.

I look forward to learning more about the community and meeting with you all in time.

Cheers,

Christian

Pics, model? :) Very Welcome!!!

Thanks chaps, it's an e46. I have yet to take delivery, so only have the showroom pics from Team McMillan and a decidedly average cell phone pic (below).

Seems quite standard besides suspension, wheels and a supersprint exhaust - also has an 'individual' paint code (sterling silver). I would certainly be keen on any information on this car if it's known in the community?

Posted Image

Edited by CSET

I would certainly be keen on any information on this car if it's known in the community?

I think it's already got it's own thread!

I think it's already got it's own thread!

Hmm I've had a look-see and can't find it... Do you have a link? Sorry, a bit new on the site (with a whopping 3 posts!).

Hey mate... welcome! Jealous of your purchase, that's a very nice example of an E46 M3 and well priced too.

Here's a discussion thread about your car posted a few days ago...

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=40227

Good one, thanks for that. Haha good to see a vibrant discussion on it - the wheels especially. I did some research, and was sure they were "iForged Seneka" rims. Will post up in that forum.

Thanks chaps, it's an e46. I have yet to take delivery, so only have the showroom pics from Team McMillan and a decidedly average cell phone pic (below).

Seems quite standard besides suspension, wheels and a supersprint exhaust - also has an 'individual' paint code (sterling silver). I would certainly be keen on any information on this car if it's known in the community?

Posted Image

Great looking car! Jealous.

Great looking car! Jealous.

I can't take any credit for the aesthetics - all mods were made by the previous owner. And I'll bet you won't be jealous when the tyres need replacing..!

I can't take any credit for the aesthetics - all mods were made by the previous owner. And I'll bet you won't be jealous when the tyres need replacing..!

Ha ha! I inherited similarly costly-to-replace wheels and tyres on my E39, so I feel your pain. Still love the look of this though!

new that wouldn't last long.

awesome looking car.

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by M5V8

i posted trademe link for this on my facebook when it was on..

nice car and welcome :D

ps i hate you lol

i posted trademe link for this on my facebook when it was on..

nice car and welcome :D

ps i hate you lol

Haha nothing like a warm welcome!

Yeah I was the same - showed a colleague, then kept thinking about it. Spoke to my financial controller (a.k.a. wife) and we popped down to the dealership. Still don't quite know how I managed that one...!

Hi and welcome don't question it mate just drive it and enjoy HaHa!!

very nice. love the colour and rims. also jealous of your purchase! Welcome btw :)

very nice. love the colour and rims. also jealous of your purchase! Welcome btw :)

Thanks all, what a welcoming community! I look forward to meeting the local AKL'ers at the next event, and learning more about BMW (being a first time owner and all) - with the goal of becoming a productive member of the group in time.

Christian - am a bit pi$$ed you didn't want my 540 after buying you lunch when you were down here last!

Get those rim protectors I mentioned

http://www.hyper.co.nz/drive/wheels/brand/rimpro-tec/list

Too late for me now, Linda has been driving my car...

Mike

Christian - am a bit pi$$ed you didn't want my 540 after buying you lunch when you were down here last!

Get those rim protectors I mentioned

http://www.hyper.co.nz/drive/wheels/brand/rimpro-tec/list

Too late for me now, Linda has been driving my car...

Mike

Haha thanks Mike - it was very tempting though at the time Ange wouldn't have a bar of it....!

I'm looking into those rim protectors - thanks heaps for the link.

Thanks sanderm3 - I'll be updating the showroom thread here with what I've done to the car as I slowly chip away at it.