Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

More power than the privy council

Would like a drive of one of these

Are these a E60 M5 eater (in a straight line) for less money?

I think the CL65 might beat the E60 M5 in a straight line. The facelifted ones of these are not too bad (from what I hear). But the pre 2003 non turbo coupes and saloons are a debacle when it comes to the air suspension and some significant oil leaks on the V12.

Yus, but this is the face lifted 368kw and 800nm job, 300nm more than the M5 and only slightly down on kw. Surely it would be close.

To date the fastest car I've driven is a E60 M5 of the uncles and that was 4 years ago.

65's are faster than everything arent they? Dearer than everything also. I like the sound of the Tq figure, I love the styling of that shape coupe, just dont like the engine and electrical complexity for down the track :S

Yus, but this is the face lifted 368kw and 800nm job, 300nm more than the M5 and only slightly down on kw. Surely it would be close.

To date the fastest car I've driven is a E60 M5 of the uncles and that was 4 years ago.

Hmmm it does 0-100 in 4.8 sec and the M5 is 4.7 to 100. According to Wikipedia.

So I guess it would be down to what each driver had for lunch.

Hmmm it does 0-100 in 4.8 sec and the M5 is 4.7 to 100. According to Wikipedia.

So I guess it would be down to what each driver had for lunch.

Go as far to say same weight driver, but whether or not either one had had some action before the race. I rekon after 100kms the torque would be too much for the M5 to handle because the restriction with the Merk is the fact that it's dumb compared to the M5, the Merk is a hammer compared to the M5's surgical knife and once the Merk is able to put the power down properly it would be Sayonara.

The W211 E55 AMG is faster than both of them. 4.3 to 100 and high 11 quarter miles from stock.

My father has one. I love it. Just not the AMG bills that go with it.

Quite popular in the states. Many have them running 9's with just an exhaust, flash and more PSI at full road weight.

I remember on Top Gear, one that Clarkson tested, developed a few issues during the time they had it....

Xenon headlight bulb/unit failure and the driver seat back wrest mechanism broke...

Disappointing !

The W211 E55 AMG is faster than both of them. 4.3 to 100 and high 11 quarter miles from stock.

My father has one. I love it. Just not the AMG bills that go with it.

Quite popular in the states. Many have them running 9's with just an exhaust, flash and more PSI at full road weight.

My goal in the near future is to buy a W211 E55 AMG. Gorgeous cars and monster torque. Will eat most stock cars..i think including 360 Modenas. But I hear the E55 electric issues are overwhelming...

Edited by andy_e39

That Cl600 looks like a $100k + car... Awesome value for money and EXTREMLY rare

Since when was the M5 4.4 seconds to 100kph? Official stats are 4.7seconds.

The clear problem with the Merk was being able to get the power down onto the road.

My goal in the near future is to buy a W211 E55 AMG. Gorgeous cars and monster torque. Will eat most stock cars..i think including 360 Modenas. But I hear the E55 electric issues are overwhelming...

I've owned a CLK-55 AMG and would have imagined the CL 600 would be a quicker car.

For 40k I don't think anyone could argue. 800nm :)

Then there's the F01 760i. Twin turbo V12, that is a stonking car to drive! Not throw you into the back of the seat action but when you look at the speedo needle moving it's like...f**k!

Then there's the F01 760i. Twin turbo V12, that is a stonking car to drive! Not throw you into the back of the seat action but when you look at the speedo needle moving it's like...f**k!

Haha, yeah but how much is one of those???

This CL 600 is only 40 slides!

Haha, yeah but how much is one of those???

This CL 600 is only 40 slides!

I would go with the cl500 seems to be a better compromise overall. Even then the first gen of the cls is getting pretty cheap now.

I would go with the cl500 seems to be a better compromise overall. Even then the first gen of the cls is getting pretty cheap now.

Word. I've seen them as low as 15k for about 130kms, but a quick search on TM reveals around 20-25k which represents good value for the money, just get a warranty IMO!

I've owned a CLK-55 AMG and would have imagined the CL 600 would be a quicker car.

For 40k I don't think anyone could argue. 800nm :)

The E55 is Supercharged. Unlike the CLK.

Have had no electrical issues with my Fathers one. Though his is a NZ new one not a shoddy cheap Jap import with no service history similar to the ones flooding the market.

Had one recall for the cats to be replaced. AMG service bills through Coutts are are bit crazy though.

Have had no electrical issues with my Fathers one. Though his is a NZ new one not a shoddy cheap Jap import with no service history similar to the ones flooding the market.

Had one recall for the cats to be replaced. AMG service bills through Coutts are are bit crazy though.

Are Mercedes in Japan built to a lower quality than NZ market ones? :rolleyes:

I always laugh when people talk about shoddy Japanese imports when a car that has lived its life in New Zealand can just as easily be subjected to abuse. What service history do you have for the electrical components?

With regards to service bills I imagine you're talking about things like the brakes and suspension components being more expensive? I think that's to be expected with any performance house car - same with the M's or Audi RS cars.

I always had a thinking, if X amount of people around the world donated $1 to me, I could buy a car for X price....

Supra would be faster.

The F01 is only $388,000. have one here if you're interested???? Go on, do it, peer presure and all that.

The F01 is only $388,000. have one here if you're interested???? Go on, do it, peer presure and all that.

That's nearly more than both my houses combined.

The devaluation on something like that must be EPIC. Drive out, 100k gone straight away. Why wouldn't you buy an M5 then spend the rest on piss?

Oh dear, it's still a Merk mate, same sh*t different day and. Mine was NZ New also, and I'm not aware that there are any import W208 CLK 55's Yes, there's shitloads of import 55 AMG sedans, but mine was a W208, kiwi new. I think you are referring to a W211.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

You buy that sort of vehicle to be driven, not to drive. Has it's own Idrive and tv in the back, the rear seats fold out like lazy boys, i'd buy one and pay someone to drive me and my mates, pub crawl millionaire styles.