Sign in to follow this  
qube

Quote: E39 Rear Bumper panelbeat/replace+paint

so my old man just got rear ended and turns out the guy that hit his car doesnt have insurance,

my dads covered fully and we can put in a claim and get it fixed that way but the guy would prefer to have a private settlement.

help me get an idea of how much it would cost to get this fixed or replaced (new/secondhand + paint)

car is a non-motorsport 528

how much should i ask that guy to pay? (realistically)

thanks

Posted Image

If the panelbeater is getting cash. He will do a cash job quality wise. Just claim.

Put a claim in then the insurance company chase and deal with it

I guess you haven't told anything at all to the insurance company? Tell them the w*nker who hit you took off, and you couldn't get his plate number. Make the guy who hit you pay the excess before you make a claim with your insurance company

Good way to settle it quick, as long as no one finds out or it doesn't affect your future policy/no claim bonus/fee increase etc

I guess you haven't told anything at all to the insurance company? Tell them the w*nker who hit you took off, and you couldn't get his plate number. Make the guy who hit you pay the excess before you make a claim with your insurance company

Good way to settle it quick, as long as no one finds out or it doesn't affect your future policy/no claim bonus/fee increase etc

Your asking the OP to commit fraud

its just an option Glenn. yes, it is fraudulent and illegal no doubt. He's a grownup, pretty sure he'll do whats best for him and his dad

just claim

If he isnt mature enough to pay for insurance like everybody else why give him a break

also if you get it repaired with insurance you get a lifetime warranty on the repairs

a cash job will get no warranty

he probably doesn't want an insurance company involved because he knows that they will get the money out of him eventually, whereas a private arrangement I bet you'd be lucky to see anything from him

still no answer to my question..

if we wanted to we can put the claim through insurance and get everything fixed, i have the guys name address plate drivers license number phone number everything.

its just that i know if we go through insurance and go to a repair place, they will charge probably something like $3000 when its not going to cost that much.. and the poor dude who hit my dads car is gonna have to cough it all up eventually, for the profit of the insurance company/panelbeaters.

so i suggested he just pays for my repairs privately, i am just asking roughly how much do you guys think it will cost to repair/replace+paint.

thanks

Drive to panelbeater

show panelbeater.

know how much it cost.

I'd still claim, f**k over the dickhead with no insurance.

When mum crashed dad's car for the 400th time it cost about $800 to fix the front bumper and repaint. and that's a Ford Failcon.

Get a good clean 2nd hand bumper, get it to me and i'll paint it for $200 then you can get it fitted by a panelbeater.

Dependant on where you are, bring the car to me and i'll paint & fit for $300.

some insurers will make you pay the excess until the other driver admits liability.

some insurers will make you pay the excess until the other driver admits liability.

Yes but in this case by reading - the purpertrater has already admitted liability.

I agree with comments above - get it fixed under insurance.

I couldn't give a rats for the guy with no insurance - maybe this will teach him a lesson. It gives me the sh:ts with people who fail to cover themselves with car insurance. Why the hell this country has still not seen the light & enforced compulsory third party insurance is beyond me. Any other reputable country has... long ago.

As far as bumper goes, there is a Plastic Welder guy here in Te Awamutu who could easily repair that one - I have seen him repair much worse.

It's not going to be $3000.

Unless the whole rear section caves in.

Bumper $200 @ Hellbm, Paint and fitting $180.

Yay..finally someone answered what was a very simple question...Ray to the rescue...again

Yay..finally someone answered what was a very simple question...Ray to the rescue...again

So ya pretty much ignored my post then aye, pffft.

So ya pretty much ignored my post then aye, pffft.

haha i got your post loud and clear :)

i think im going to go through with claiming it with insurance otherwise just get the guy to pay for it at the place we choose. too much hassle trying to be a nice guy -_-

This is the right thing to do i think.

BEFORE the works starts ;)

I once had a similar situation (although it wasn't the guys fault he wasn't insured - it was a license issue, he wasn't told about by the Police), except the entire rear 1/4 on my accord wagon needed replacing. It was $4500 +gst!

I informed my insurance company, but told them he wanted to sort it privately. That way, if it went pear shaped, they knew what was going on, and couldn't accuse me of doing a dodgy of any kind. The guy did pay up in cash, when I collected the vehicle from the repair shop

Probably best they have a note on record at least.

BEFORE the works starts ;)

I once had a similar situation (although it wasn't the guys fault he wasn't insured - it was a license issue, he wasn't told about by the Police), except the entire rear 1/4 on my accord wagon needed replacing. It was $4500 +gst!

I informed my insurance company, but told them he wanted to sort it privately. That way, if it went pear shaped, they knew what was going on, and couldn't accuse me of doing a dodgy of any kind. The guy did pay up in cash, when I collected the vehicle from the repair shop

Probably best they have a note on record at least.

and the guy who fixes it needs to guarantee his work.This happened to us when a guy rear ended the wifes car.He wanted a "mate" to fix it whoworked at Honda repair place.I said thats fine but its got to be a bona fide repair with appropriate remedies /warranties etc.Never heard back from him,so the insurance company then got involved and fixed it.Umfortunately the qualtiy of their work was of a poor std not to mention the time we were without a car.After she got rear ended a second time with the same hassles i has to sell a car i loved and we switched insurance companies too.