Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

Remember the discussion about the CL600?

ouch someone has taken a huge depreciation hit there!

I reckon it's still got a lot more to go IMO.

Still not was powerful as the CL 600, these are 326kw and 620nm vs 367kw and 800nm on the CL 600.

Also not quite sure it's a collectors vehicle as stated in the auction lol!

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Also not quite sure it's a collectors vehicle as stated in the auction lol!

Good call, collectable value or much value at all for that matter has largely been lost with the rate that they pump out AMG cars and M cars etc now. the W211 E55/63 must be the most common E class on the roads in auckland

I'm not sure it's an AMG... this is a pre facelift car I thought the only AMG S class that was offered pre the face lift was the 55. Even then. In the S and CL it was the S/CL 65 with the 63 being the V8 offered in the latest batch of AMG cars too.

Just saying as the door sills are not AMG and there is no picture of the AMG engine.

I'm not sure it's an AMG... this is a pre facelift car I thought the only AMG S class that was offered pre the face lift was the 55. Even then. In the S and CL it was the S/CL 65 with the 63 being the V8 offered in the latest batch of AMG cars too.

Just saying as the door sills are not AMG and there is no picture of the AMG engine.

not to mention the tail lights look like a ford falcon

"63" M137 6.3L V12

The "63" badging was used on the short-lived 2001 S63 AMG and 2001 CL63 AMG. These were produced in limited quantities for one month and only offered through AMG to select customers in Europe and Asia, purportedly state leaders. The CL63 AMG was the rarest W215 CL of all, and just 26 examples were built in November 2001 (51 plate), with some UK being registered in March 2002. These had a base price of £110,000 (~US$200,000).[40][41][42]

These are powered by a naturally aspirated 6.3L V12 producing 444 PS (438 hp/327 kW). This engine is based on the M137 5.8L V12 used in the S600 and CL600, but the AMG variants have a larger displacement, a new management system, a new crank case and cooling system, weight-optimized pistons, and a new camshaft with greater valve lift and modified valves. 390 lb·ft (530 N·m) of torque are available between 2500-5800rpm with a peak of 457 at 4400 rpm while horsepower grows by almost 80 over the 5.8L V12. It is mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission. The 2001 S63 AMG V12 had 100 hp more than the 2001 S55 AMG, and was a few tenths faster.[40][41]

Have we run out of BMW auctions to critique?

I love this (critique).

It's a CL63, the rego says so. Pretty sure the Dealer who sold it to it's single owner would have known a thing or two about it's top model :)

Some things in this world are exactly how they seem

I love this (critique).

It's a CL63, the rego says so. Pretty sure the Dealer who sold it to it's single owner would have known a thing or two about it's top model :)

Some things in this world are exactly how they seem

It looks so similar to a CL 500 and they are much much cheaper, you'd have to have a spiel about it when your mates come round to justify the massive price difference ?

The 45% jump in power over a CL500 is fairly compelling, as is owning one of only 26 cars made.

As an AMG model, I'm sure the parts availability/pricing is exciting as well.

The 45% jump in power over a CL500 is fairly compelling, as is owning one of only 26 cars made.

As an AMG model, I'm sure the parts availability/pricing is exciting as well.

Very exciting, like just under 6k for a service including brakes on my old CLK 55 AMG just before I bought it. In anyones terms that's a huge chunk of money.

"63" M137 6.3L V12

The "63" badging was used on the short-lived 2001 S63 AMG and 2001 CL63 AMG. These were produced in limited quantities for one month and only offered through AMG to select customers in Europe and Asia, purportedly state leaders. The CL63 AMG was the rarest W215 CL of all, and just 26 examples were built in November 2001 (51 plate), with some UK being registered in March 2002. These had a base price of £110,000 (~US$200,000).[40][41][42]

These are powered by a naturally aspirated 6.3L V12 producing 444 PS (438 hp/327 kW). This engine is based on the M137 5.8L V12 used in the S600 and CL600, but the AMG variants have a larger displacement, a new management system, a new crank case and cooling system, weight-optimized pistons, and a new camshaft with greater valve lift and modified valves. 390 lb·ft (530 N·m) of torque are available between 2500-5800rpm with a peak of 457 at 4400 rpm while horsepower grows by almost 80 over the 5.8L V12. It is mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission. The 2001 S63 AMG V12 had 100 hp more than the 2001 S55 AMG, and was a few tenths faster.[40][41]

I stand corrected. :ph34r: