Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

1996 E39 528i in black

Clour looks surpurb.

Nice! Love the wheels. Did you add on the Msport kit yourself?

Just the front bumper but had to get some pro help as it was a bit of mission. Kept the original rear bumper and skirt with the tail pipe pointing down and hidden, which I prefer to the Msport one.

The wheels are genuine BBS aftermarket (not sure which?) and look great in the pics but badly in need of rejuve. Sadly, that might be more expensive and harder than I'd like.

Edited by jeffbebe

Clour looks surpurb.

I know! Shame I've got no garage, live on a busy street with a cat that likes to climb all over it, or it might stay looking like that! Edited by jeffbebe

looking good !! m sport bumper or some sort of lip really make a different on pfl e39s

looking good !! m sport bumper or some sort of lip really make a different on pfl e39s

Thanks mate.

Nice mate..& best color too!!

Mate your wheels will look tops in black with a red time attack ring.

Ill show you my curb damage when I get home whih I covered with dip really nicely.

Edited by Tristan

Mate your wheels will look tops in black with a red time attack ring.

Ill show you my curb damage when I get home whih I covered with dip really nicely.

I've actually had them refurbished since taking those pics. Polished lip, hyper silver centers and black bolts. The looks mint. Thought about black but I reckon it looks a bit too much on a black car - a little bit boy racer-ish - and I'm way too old for that! haha

post-16586-1352675562.jpeg

Edited by jeffbebe

Took the car to Final Touch today to spruce up the paint work. The polish is exceptional and they've done a really good job with the stone chips on the bonnet. There were a few key scratches on the driver's door which I'd hoped would come out better than they did but I suppose you get what you pay for and I didn't pay for a repaint.

Anyway, pretty happy with the exterior of the car now - you wouldn't know it was 16 years old!

post-16586-1353318340.jpeg

Just got to ditch the eye lashes that it came with and replace with eye lids (lower) which don't look 'stuck on' and improve the front end IMO - like this one:

Posted Image

Then onto the interior and, of course, dealing with any/all the mechanical issues that crop up along the way.

Ooooo shiny

You better believe it. I'm just enjoying it before the starlings nesting on my roof sh*t all over it again.

Yea it was always guts me when I get my black sedan Lookin all shiny and spiffy to have it covered In bird sh*t and what not the next day.

nice work Julian.

looks tits.

but then again... i'm biased ;)

nice work Julian.

looks tits.

but then again... i'm biased ;)

Black E39's are the business. Would love to see more pics of your M5 (dream car!).

ill have to take some decent ones one day....all i have a crappy ones from an iphone 3.

Snap1.bmpSnap2.bmp

Edited by M5V8

ill have to take some decent ones one day....all i have a crappy ones from an iphone 3.

Snap1.bmpSnap2.bmp

Very nice, love the wheels too - definitely the big brother to mine!

I like the front lip, where did you find that?

i don't actually remember now. Off a website somewhere.

It's a good copy of a Hammann lip.

Edit: sorry I know that's a crap answer. I'm not tryin to b a d*ck. This is my 2nd m5 and I bought it as a backup for one on my first car as i cracked one in a Campark. So I've had it for over 4 years now.

If I find the site ill flick u a PM. All I remember now as it had heaps of bodykit stuff for all sorts of cars.

took this yesterday - better camera

Snap3.bmp

Edited by M5V8

yup. the e39 is a timeless design IMO.

yup. the e39 is a timeless design IMO.

Agreed. My favourite shape bar the M1.

I miss my E39, yours looks awesome :)