Sign in to follow this  
zimbonz

Greetings

Hi All,

Ryan (35) from Auckland here - I have only just become familiar with this site in the last week or so, and already it has helped out quite a bit, so thanks.

I just purchased my first BMW - 2004 530i E60 which I am seriously stoked with.

I have made tech modifications, I got an fully featured iDrive upgrade from Renming at SWAutomotive - who did a great job, amd really happy with it.

All in all, happy to part of the community, and certainly a happy 1st time BMW owner!

Cheers,

Ryan

post-17075-1342825976.jpg

That's a flash looking ride you got there!

Thanks, it is my first venture into "flash" car territory, so it is all a learning curve.. :) I haven't shown my old man yet, I am sure he will be full of "advice" haha

Great cars the E60. 530 will do you well, slightly bigger wheels will pull the look off a bit better too.

Great cars the E60. 530 will do you well, slightly bigger wheels will pull the look off a bit better too.

Thanks Greg, yeah you're right - I will look into some, although will need to watch the pennies for a bit!

I saw some really nice OEM's on another site, trying to find out if they are available here.

I think this is what they look like:

post-17075-1342920261.jpg

Yes quite a common wheel.

what mods did you do to the idrive?

It was a Japanese NAV, so I got that NZified, plus added bluetooth and ipod capability. I saw the add on these forums SWAutomotive I think. guy (Renming?) did a great job, I am really happy with it. The NAV (all genuine BMW upgrades apparently) works really well, and is much more intuitive thatn others I have used - but that is probably just me getting used to BMW's way of doing things!

Was pretty reasonable too, considering I was told that BMW would do the same stuff for 5-8K... Mine was just over 3k.

After re-reading that above, it sounds like I'm a plant - I assure I am not.. lol

Anybody know where I could source those wheels from - apart from BMW? I am guessing most wheel shops like Hyper/Mag etc would not provide OEM wheels?

Also any idea of price?

Appreciate your help.

I'm pretty sure Mag and Tyre have something very similar, not an OEM wheel obviously but they look good.

Call in and have a look maybe?

Welcome.

I'm pretty sure Mag and Tyre have something very similar, not an OEM wheel obviously but they look good.

Not worth bothering with unless its an OEM part IMO, especially with something as important as the wheels!

Cheers chaps, nice to meet you all. I see there is a whole forum section on wheels etc, just what I was looking for!

I will dig around and check it out.

Thanks again.

Nice! Really do like the E60 shape.

I'd be keen to buy those wheels that it has already haha.

Thanks Greg, yeah you're right - I will look into some, although will need to watch the pennies for a bit!

I saw some really nice OEM's on another site, trying to find out if they are available here.

I think this is what they look like:

IMO those wheels look a bit tacky and as if they don't belong on the car - they look replicated. If I was going to own a E60 again it would hopefully be a 535d but wheels choice would either be :

Posted Image

Or my first choice would be these below:

Posted Image

IMO those wheels look a bit tacky and as if they don't belong on the car - they look replicated. If I was going to own a E60 again it would hopefully be a 535d but wheels choice would either be :

Posted Image

Or my first choice would be these below:

Posted Image

My first choice would be the same as yours.

There is a nice E60 545i for sale "HERE" which shows off how good those wheels look.

I've seen that car, but those wheels really suit motorsport kit IMO, ok without but really stick out with M sport package.

Isn't that like 20k too much for an import?

EDIT: But bloody nice tho!

prolly a bit over the odds but its the only 535d on TM and very low mileage even allowing for mile/km..still a m5 or 550 can be had cheaper!

still a m5 or 550 can be had cheaper!

Precisely!