Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

Gotta check out the photos for this car!

Link

Speechless...

Edit: Also said engine tuned to be faster than a 540i off the line?!

Edited by andy_e39

If he put an Alpina badge on as well he might get 12k

That's an awful lot of extra ( terrible looking ) lighting!

It's been on TM several times. Think he/she wanted more last time. Does "ACS and Motorsport" modified mean he stuck some extra emblems on?

Laughed at that MANY times.

Mods cost about $4K when new... uhhhh... $4K is NOTHING when it comes to mods on a brand new BMW... that didn't even buy leather seats as an option did it? Maybe the $4K was for a pod filter and some ghey spark plugs.

Clearly it's a dead standard car with some crap added to make the owner feel important. I suppose it's not a 520i at least. Still. THey probably don't realise everyone is laughing at them.

It's got some illegal HIDs added too.

Meh, keeping the badges and silly lights to one side I think it looks okay. I actually like the two-tone interior. It looks to be in good condition and if the seller can be believed, well maintained.

I don't see anyone who has replied to this thread driving a really special (desirable) car.

Whatever...

Edited by NZ BMW

Meh, keeping the badges and silly lights to one side I think it looks okay. I actually like the two-tone interior. It looks to be in good condition and if the seller can be believed, well maintained.

I don't see anyone who has replied to this thread driving a really special (desirable) car.

Whatever...

Errr... that badges and lights are kinda the point. They're rude. Everything else is pretty normal 525i, other than someone ticked the box for "individual leather" which I agree, is quite nice.

I'd be very suprised if there is ANYTHING genuinely "M" or ACS modified on the car. It even has standard height looking suspension. My 525i has factory fitted M Sports suspension and is far lower than that. Even after I fitted raising spacers to the front.

Based on the mis-information in the ad, it's a car you run away from. The owner seems to have no clue for so many reasons.

Anyone else notice in photo one it has standard BMW badging on the front (just the roundel), then the ACS badges appear in other photos and the M badges appear on the wheels in some other photos. Then in other pics, the ACS badge on the rear changes style AND position and the "M" badge appears. And the colours are wrong on the M badge.

Those of us driving an ordinary BMW aren't putting some ghey lights and some cheap-ass emblems from trademe on then write an advert TRYING to tell people it's something "really special (desirable)", when it clearly isn't.

i see nothing that is motorsport: bodykit, lights, interior, seats..

the only thing that is motorsport-ish is the mags and the M badge which has the wrong 3 colors..

as for AC mods.. i see a AC roundel, a AC badge on the front grill and boot, and the silver pedal covers which are all from trademe i assume..

now it seems obvious that he has good taste and synergy.. as he has a AC roundel on the bonnet, a fake carbon look badge on the boot, and the big M badge on the wheels...

no idea what the point of the 4th picture is tho..

no idea what the point of the 4th picture is tho..

well all the roundels are replaced with ///M's and ACS ones so just in case you dont know what they are.

I see your E39 and raise you an E36. Looky

Shame too, looks to be a really tidy job under the hood

Link doesn't work?