Sign in to follow this  
NZ BMW

Stolen badge :-(

Hi team,

Some sorry individual stole my bonnet badge last night. I have not priced one at the dealer but is there a difference between the dealer ones and the cheap ones on Trademe? I don't want to replace with something that will fade and look like crap in six months.

Any advice?

Thanks guys.

it will fade and will look crap in 6 months, buy a genuine one, i think the are about $65 including gst. worth the money.

Thanks guys, looks like I will be going the OEM route.

So it can just get stolen again! :ph34r:

Just pondering out loud here, but is it better to leave the badge kind of easy to remove, or stick the thing down with industrial double sided tape?

It sucks to have the badge stolen, but it'd be even worse IMO if they couldnt get it off, so youre left with a mangled badge and screwdriver marks all around it.

Yea I know how you feel, I had both mine taken on my old e30 when I was trying to sell it. Very frustrating

It sucks to have the badge stolen, but it'd be even worse IMO if they couldnt get it off, so youre left with a mangled badge and screwdriver marks all around it.

+1

IMO ebay ones are sweet. I have had them last years and still look new.

Just pondering out loud here, but is it better to leave the badge kind of easy to remove, or stick the thing down with industrial double sided tape?

From what I can tell they're fairly easy to remove. Ideally, if it was your own car you'd use a trim removal tool or cover the screwdriver with a bit of cloth. In my case they didn't, for obvious reasons. I now haw some scratches but mainly under the badge so they are not noticeable and they are not to the metal.

I don't think you can make them any looser without running the risk of them coming off at highway speeds. :unsure:

IMO ebay ones are sweet. I have had them last years and still look new.

I've just bought one off Brent - oh well, guess we will see. If it goes missing again I may go the Ebay/Trademe route. This went missing from inside the carpark at my apartment building (unless I didn't notice it earlier) which does not make me that confident in not having to purchase a replacement.