Sign in to follow this  
danutt

tyre tyre tyres

getting rare 17"mags soon as possible but how much are standard 17"low pro tyres?considering profile round 45 or 40 also if i get the wheels in 18" how much then?thanx for any info peace :)

Depends how much you want to spend, say anywhere from $200 upwards a tyre. size your after is 215/40 17. 18's is a huge price jump, also there too big for E30's IMO.

Your getting rare- as in hard to find or rear as in back tyres?

As with all tires and tire sizes It all depends what brand you get, ring the local tire shop.

18" mags/tyres.

Well the 2 rear tyres on the E39 just got replaced. 265/35 ZR18

Goodyear eagle F1's = $911 for 2, or $455.50 each. They are what replaced the Continental ContiSports.

Dad enquired about Continentals, $890 for one. He also enquired about Uniroyals, and BMW had this deal when we brought the car that we would get 2 rear tires at cost price. Still ther cost price was $560+gst. So it was the F1's.

And they're still "Made in Germany" :lol: Just had to chuck that one in

The tire guy said that with Continentals they're just the same quality as any brand/reputable brand. I think you pay for the name.

My advice, don't get BIG mags unless you got BIG money to pay for BIG tires.

Cheers

Emma

Edited by BMW POWER

The last time for a set fitted an balanced $1100 for Goodyear F1's 235/45/17.

The Yoko A048R I've just fitted, $1800, decent Michelin & Pirelli's will cost around the same.

Sorry, to go to 18" add $1000 per set.

I'm also keen to see these Rare mags.

Edited by cainchapman

I've got 215/40 R17 tyres on my car. 7.5 wheels. I don't get rubbage on my tyres, although I managed to wear out the insides of my rear tyres, although they did last 30,000kms.

Depending on quality, you could pay anything from $160+ per tyre.

Can you get 18"s for E30s??!? My 17's were hard enough to find to tell you the truth = rare IMO.

what wheels comfortably fit inside the e30's arches considering ive not lowered it and dont intend to at this stage?also wat width 17' rim(coz of da cost of 18"tyres)would not rub on the inside of the front or rear, under steering full lock or riding with load??

i went cruzin today and did a little bit o window shoppin and spotted an intake pipe for a CAI.

planning to put the pod just where the lower vent is in the bumper and run the pipe back to the throttle body any suggestions?intake temperature should be way way way down from under bonnet temps :mosh:

post-5-1122886928.jpg

7.5 by 17 is a standard size on an E36 M3 motorsport wheel. Correct tyre for this is a 235/40/17 your 215 is too skinny

Have a serious look at the Pirelli P zero Nero they suit the camber change of the E30 and 36 suspension and I have done 25,000 km so far on a set and they still stick like excrement to a blanket in the wet.

Also this is a "narrow" 235 so risk of rubbing is less.

Continentals are great but og off too early

We are talking about E30s in this instance not E36s. 215/40 R17 were recommended by a tyre manufacturer for my 7.5 rims. Would maybe get serious rubbing for anything wider maybe?

my bridgestone GIII 235 45 17 are $275 each.....,i think thats quite a good price.Thats for two at a time.....

I've got 215/40 R17 tyres on my car. 7.5 wheels. I don't get rubbage on my tyres, although I managed to wear out the insides of my rear tyres, although they did last 30,000kms.

Depending on quality, you could pay anything from $160+ per tyre.

Can you get 18"s for E30s??!? My 17's were hard enough to find to tell you the truth = rare IMO.

what he said

unless you race your car seriously you can find decent 17" directional road tyres for around $175.

khumo ecstasa's anyone?

bla bla bla........ BLA

> Unless you have tricked out your suspension 17 & 18 inch wheels will probably drive like crap.

I agree.

I recently drove an E46 328Ci which had 18s on it and it was dreadful - very harsh, unenjoyable ride. It had previously had 16s on and was, IMO, a far better car in both ride and handling for it.

I also found on my E36 325 that changing from 205 to 235 made a huge difference - more road noise and less steering feel. Overall, less enjoyable to drive.

While changing rims and tyres may make the car look better, there is normally a trade-off in ride, road noise and handling. Yes it can be sorted, but often it isn't.

Edited by Jazzbass

sorry to go off track a bit but can you please tell me your not one of those annoying people off trademe that advertise a specific part like a gearbox for sale with the title "Cars Cars Cars" ... because its so flipping annoying.

> Unless you have tricked out your suspension 17 & 18 inch wheels will probably drive like crap.

I agree.

I recently drove an E46 328Ci which had 18s on it and it was dreadful - very harsh, unenjoyable ride. It had previously had 16s on and was, IMO, a far better car in both ride and handling for it.

I also found on my E36 325 that changing from 205 to 235 made a huge difference - more road noise and less steering feel. Overall, less enjoyable to drive.

While changing rims and tyres may make the car look better, there is normally a trade-off in ride, road noise and handling. Yes it can be sorted, but often it isn't.

When i drove my bothers 330Ci with 18'' factory mags and lowered on fully adjustable shocks it was really nice to drive, stuck to the ground really well and not too bouncy ..

sorry to go off track a bit but can you please tell me your not one of those annoying people off trademe that advertise a specific part like a gearbox for sale with the title "Cars Cars Cars" ... because its so flipping annoying.

cry me a river...

trade me sucks anyways.

bee in your bonnet Damian?

I just joined nzflatemates as I need a new flat, that sux too

I have those Kumho extas supras or whatever they are called and I dont think they are much chop.Noisy,slippery in the wet and dont feel very complient(if you know what I mean).

The Bridgestones on the 46 feel much better.

I threw a set of Silverstones on my 325 and they held on really well at Manfield and on the road, wet or dry. They were cheap as and lasted well - they're still on the car, which I've sold. Most importantly (LOL) they looked great on the car.

Posted Image

I'm currently running Bridgestones, which were OEM tyres.

Edited by Jazzbass