Sign in to follow this  
///MPROVD

E36 m3 intake on a m50

hey guys have now got a tired m3 engine at home and was looking at putting the intake manifold on to my m50b25

so is there any real benefit in doing so? any details or advice

cheers jayden

You can't, well not easily...

the M3 has six throttle bodies, the M50 has one.

Posted Image

E36 M3 S50B3x

M50

Posted Image

Edited by antil33t

Yeah I don't think they fit straight on.. Could be wrong. Long time since I've had an m50 lol :(

But I remember kerry did something similar with M3 throttlebodys on an m52 (which has the same intake bolt pattern)

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....=30332&st=0

Had to make an adapter plate though if you flick through..

If the port sizes are the same the throttles may bolt up to the head???

hey guys have now got a tired m3 engine at home and was looking at putting the intake manifold on to my m50b25

so is there any real benefit in doing so? any details or advice

cheers jayden

Not being a smart arse..... are you sure it is a M3 motor like in the first picture ?

Is the engine so tired you can't use the whole thing?

Not being a smart arse..... are you sure it is a M3 motor like in the first picture ?

yepp definitely an s50 i am replacing an 400k s50 with a 20k s52 and was considering putting it on my m50 i have seen something similar on a m54 i want to know if first it will fit im well aware the m50 have a single throttle body and the s50 have six this is why i think there could be an advantage but if its not worth the time then i will keep s50 complete its just free so why not haha

Will not bolt up.

You'll need to make an adapter plate, modify the oil filter and the tps to get it to fit.

To get it to run you'll also need to conjer something up whether it be a standalone or remap

Will not bolt up.

You'll need to make an adapter plate, modify the oil filter and the tps to get it to fit.

To get it to run you'll also need to conjer something up whether it be a standalone or remap

ohk thanks for the advice i might give it a miss but just out of curiosity do the benefits out weight the work needed to install? i guess its only worth doing if i was to work the motor but there seems to be no point in a factory motor

If you do get it to work it will be very impressive for such a small upgrade.

yepp definitely an s50 i am replacing an 400k s50 with a 20k s52

Why? Why would you even bother importing a crappy USA S52?

S52=3.2L M52 Boo.

ftfy.

But I think we all know what he means.

Wha? Were they really 3.2? Thought they were a 3.0L iron block. M52 had the alli block.

Their S50 b30 was the early M50 mota. The S52 b32 was their later M52 thing. All their M52s were iron except Z3 (some S.A. M52s were iron too apparently).

Train spotter out.

How much you want for the ITB's off the S50. I will make them fit my m50.

Their S50 b30 was the early M50 mota. The S52 b32 was their later M52 thing. All their M52s were iron except Z3 (some S.A. M52s were iron too apparently).

Train spotter out.

sorry its still an s50 just changing from the 3.0 to 3.2 sorry about the confusion

Train spotter out.

the 3 litre USA only M3 engine is a S50B30US, and their 3.2 litre version is called an S52B32,

our proper engines are S50B30, and S50B32...

the throttle bodies require a tapered adaptor plate, a modified oil filter housing, and stand alone ecu to work on an M50/52, and in doing so, leaves injector bosses in less than ideal location, you will only gain 3 or 4 rwhp, but throttle response is improved, there is a guy here that did it, then turbo'd it later, and has since removed that motor and fitted an S50B30 and is finally happy...

the 3 litre USA only M3 engine is a S50B30US, and their 3.2 litre version is called an S52B32,

our proper engines are S50B30, and S50B32...

the throttle bodies require a tapered adaptor plate, a modified oil filter housing, and stand alone ecu to work on an M50/52, and in doing so, leaves injector bosses in less than ideal location, you will only gain 3 or 4 rwhp, but throttle response is improved, there is a guy here that did it, then turbo'd it later, and has since removed that motor and fitted an S50B30 and is finally happy...

ohk thanks for the info helps clear that up ill keep it complete and maybe look at putting it in something in future and im just swaping a s50b30 with a s50b32