Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Remap my 320d

The little 320d goes pretty well, it's definitely no slouch through the gears, but I'm a bit hungry for the power it seems.

Question I'm facing, it's had no real problems at all in 12 months of ownership bar an airbag light and indicator earth issue, it feels as tight as a drum still, however it's done 218kms now and I'm thinking about remapping it (like I did with the X5) it's turned out to be a brilliant daily car. Currently it is 100kw and 280nm - a remap will see 121kw and 330nm and cost about $800.

The remap on the X5 entirely changed the whole car in the way the power was delivered.

Will the old girl handle it? Is it worth it?

21kw for $800, hell yeah it's worth it.

21kw for $800, hell yeah it's worth it.

Would be great to see this as would almost be best kw for $$ I have seen in a while

It's not the kw I'm after it's the torque! 50nm on the little car should make a difference don't ya rekon Greg?

It's not the kw I'm after it's the torque! 50nm on the little car should make a difference don't ya rekon Greg?

i did the 120 I got a 75 or 80 percent map.It revs much much quicker ,revs higher more easily(it still flattens of much more than a petrol),is nicer at lower revs ,Whats mot to like.Because i was wanting to retain as much economy as poss,they suggested i get the "partial map".Mind you fewer ks than you tho.

For a full remap are you talking 1 litre extra per hundi? If so I'm not tooo bothered, mine is averaging about 7 but it's all city work.

For a full remap are you talking 1 litre extra per hundi? If so I'm not tooo bothered, mine is averaging about 7 but it's all city work.

its still related to the right foot.....

What are replica E46 CSL wheels worth these days? Pimp my E46!

They are the best looking wheel!

They are the best looking wheel!

Yeah, I wonder how it will look on mine, does anyone know what the replicas are called or examples of that wheel on a E46 sedan? My Ranger doesn't arrive till January, I guess I'm wanting something to muck with in the mean time.

Agreed!

The replicas don't have the same amount of concave dish on them as the real thing, but then they wouldn't fit on the standard E46 if they did.

Pretty sure forum sponsor Johno had some in fairly recently at a reasonable price.

Agreed!

The replicas don't have the same amount of concave dish on them as the real thing, but then they wouldn't fit on the standard E46 if they did.

Pretty sure forum sponsor Johno had some in fairly recently at a reasonable price.

Pretty sure I have 17's on mine and replaced all 4 tyres about two months ago. Do you know what size they are?

Posted Image

19" but I guess you can get other sizes too... Replicas are like that. I'd say 18-19" would be more common as it's seen as an "upgrade"

Hmmm, I'm not sure I like it haha.

Actually, I think I'd prefer the genuine wheels on it over those.

See if you can find Hybrids old E46 the way it was before it changed hands, best E46 ever IMO.

Nothing wrong with the 17" wheels you have now though, could do much worse.

That 46 doesn't do them justice, tey look sh*t.

The 1M has them standard and they look sh*t hot!

Booked in for 10 December - It will give 135kw and 350nm - Not too bad, could go the race fille which would see 400nm and 155kw but I'm advised it could be a bit harsh on the old E46! Can't wait!

should just throw an M3 badge on the back

should just throw an M3 badge on the back

Haha, for torque only yeah.

What kw and nm are E46 M3's ?

Haha, for torque only yeah.

What kw and nm are E46 M3's ?

s54 is 252kW and 365Nm at 7900 and 4900 respectively

I hope your turbo is feeling in good health, the old E46 ones weren't the most sturdy.

Just to be safe I would suggest a good service, with right oils and filters, just before you go for the remap.

And take the swirl flaps out if you haven't already (think yours is late enough to have them). Not that remap will make them any more likely to fail, just be Sod's Law if they did after you spend out on mods.

It had a major service at BMW end of last year when it was bought, it has 500km to go, but going to have it done at the inlaws workshop, getting brakes done at the same time. My bro in law the mechanic has a E46 also, so he knows his way around them.

No pop's Gregg, I've been assured it's safe! Also, I've done it on two 3.0 diesels as well, one high kms - the remap converts them.

End of the day, I only paid 6k for the car, if it goes bang it's to be sold as a wreck.

Edited by The Diesel Guy