Sign in to follow this  
vtgts300kw

Red E30 M3

Why on earth when trying to sell a car like this, aimed at a pretty specific part of the market, would you put Starfire tyres on the car? Firstly, What's Starfire? Secondly, what else on the car has been corner cut?

It's been on here a while, along with the "TWR" M3.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-527851499.htm

You may find they tyres were fitted by the dealer thats selling the car.

but the seats dont look original for this car, i thought the front seats are supposed to have horizontal stiching on the M3s, while the back seat on the other hand looks to have way too many horizontal lines?

You may find they tyres were fitted by the dealer thats selling the car.

That's what I mean. Why as a dealer ( potentially the importing dealer, it was a USA car ) would you fit cheap tyres, your target market is going to notice, and probably impact negatively on the rest of the car.

Could the interior be a US spec?

Looks suss anyway with that repainting around model version decals :unsure:

and:

"With the S14 4-cylinder power plant kicking out 195 bhp, the E30 M3 built on the earlier M10 engine to maximize low-rev torque, pulling with 169lb ft at 4750 rpm"

Has the guy not driven it? I don't think anyone in their right mind would say an E30 M3 was built for "low end torque"! They're a rev-it's-tits-off peaky thing.

The tyres aren't actually even that new, are they? They might have been a few weeks ago though ;)

I'm definitely not going to buy this car based on the above comments.

Never seen door cards like that on any e30...

Could the interior be a US spec?

The car has been up on TradeMe for a Looong time. In an earlier listing the seller did mention that the rear seat and the door cards had been re-trimmed in this "interesting" design. Certainly not a US spec.

It looks and sounds to me like the car has had a "restoration" at some point, re-trimmed interior, new wheels, re-sprayed body work (outside only, not inside engine bay in the difficult areas).

Whether this was done to cover up some issues, or to improve the car would be a something to look at very closely if considering buying.

Originally the car was for sale + ORC without any compliance, now it has been complied and registered (and the price has gone up $1500 accordingly) so in theory there shouldn't be any obvious issues at this point, but as for the future... who knows??

The car has been up on TradeMe for a Looong time. In an earlier listing the seller did mention that the rear seat and the door cards had been re-trimmed in this "interesting" design. Certainly not a US spec.

It looks and sounds to me like the car has had a "restoration" at some point, re-trimmed interior, new wheels, re-sprayed body work (outside only, not inside engine bay in the difficult areas).

Whether this was done to cover up some issues, or to improve the car would be a something to look at very closely if considering buying.

Originally the car was for sale + ORC without any compliance, now it has been complied and registered (and the price has gone up $1500 accordingly) so in theory there shouldn't be any obvious issues at this point, but as for the future... who knows??

Too many things done to this car - be wary! It's a US spec from Japan. Still has the horrible rear licence plate holders, they are really easy to remove. The interior retrim is definately not BMW and to be honest looks terrible, but some may like it. Would look good with a cage and a nice race seat in it Jon :D

It's a US spec from Japan. Still has the horrible rear licence plate holders, they are really easy to remove.

presume you have CarJamed or know more than the rest of us? because the licence plate holder doesnt mean it came from japan, they had the same ones in the states as most of their plates are more or less the same height as jap ones (much taller than NZ). someone could have even fitted that in NZ

All I can add to this is that this car definitely came off a Toyofuji (Japanese) ship, not sure where it came before that, it has been on trademe for awhile abut I can remember surveying and sitting inside this car before anyone in NZ as I was on the ship when it docked, at the time the exterior looked mint really mint.

presume you have CarJamed or know more than the rest of us? because the licence plate holder doesnt mean it came from japan, they had the same ones in the states as most of their plates are more or less the same height as jap ones (much taller than NZ). someone could have even fitted that in NZ

Cheers Andy - I stand corrected but I still think it is a US spec car from Japan.

Would look good with a cage and a nice race seat in it Jon :D

That it would Bruce, that it would! So would your black one mate :D ! I've got the race seat, just need the M3 and cage to go with it... :(

I see the red one in Nelson that's been up for donkey's ages as well has had the price dropped by $3k as well. A sign of the market at the moment I guess, not a lot of spare cash around for classic cars, even E30 M3s.

That it would Bruce, that it would! So would your black one mate :D ! I've got the race seat, just need the M3 and cage to go with it... :(

I see the red one in Nelson that's been up for donkey's ages as well has had the price dropped by $3k as well. A sign of the market at the moment I guess, not a lot of spare cash around for classic cars, even E30 M3s.

Yeah that's true, Ive got a race seat as well but that is in the blue car which is still in the panel beaters!$#%*& Major milestone reached with black car tonight - the engine and gearbox are now back in so not far to go.......