Sign in to follow this  
miskimmin

Whats more important to you, looks or speed?

Hey,

Im just wounderin what is more important to people, your cars looks or is speed?

Personaly I have a 318i which aint the quickest car, I bout mine coz I like the look of it and its got good potential

go hand in hand, when a car performs well your only cheating it if you dont give it a great shell to accompany it.

but making cars "look" fast when they aint...

:thumbsdown:

if you want a car as a show'r, good on ya, just dont slap badges on it with all the performance parts you wish you had.. down the doors....gah

and those who slap badass engines in cars that the arse is about to fall off also get a :thumbsdown:

healthy serving of both :thumb:

holla....i like both

however having said that, im kinda over having a car that looks good. but at least having one that looks good means you dont mind making it go faster.

i also like a good interior and going round corners.

however if i could do one thing, it would be SR20 swap, dunno if thats because i have done everything else, or i prefer power

also one day a satin black repaint....pimp

mystery

Edited by Gus

I'm with sic on this. A bit of both. I like having performance, but not at all costs. Well, not in my daily driver anyway.

Nothing wrong with balls out performance in a track car! :lol:

track car!

real track cars looks the toughest on theblock thou.

caged out, mint kits (dependant on the day at the track most times thou...) and damn badass rides.

track car > most cars on the road

Performance by a country mile.. would like a matt black sleeper no bling bling for me.

Nothin better than snottin someone and just knowing they saying "what the f**k was that".. unfortunatly not happening at the moment but one day.

cheers Matt

I'd like to say performance, but the way the penny has dropped (in terms of me buying the car of Mum) I've ended up with a 2litre. No qualms in my purchase though, but it aint the performance car that I would like it to be.

In saying that, I like a comfortable, clean, and straight car to drive. No rustbucket with non-OEM (looking) parts hanging off the side of it.

Someone said it before, but with appearance mods, the novelty wears off, but if your car goes like a cut cat you'll be grinning every time you drive it. Saying that - I spend a shitload of time in making my car look better, so....

Performance....

having said that, handling is more fun than speed for me

straight-line speed is boring

if you want a car as a show'r, good on ya, just dont slap badges on it with all the performance parts you wish you had.. down the doors....gah

Amen

Well I cant really say performance as such based upon the fact I own a 320i, but in the case of when I was buying the car, I'd rather own a mint 320 than some of the rough, rusted out 325's forsale out there aye.

My goal was to buy a nice E30, and improve on it. Not that a 320i has much potential in terms of upgradability but I wish to at some stage drop a 325i engine into it as well as a manual box.

I'm working on it both aesthetically and under the bonnet, I think performance and looks go hand in hand, my car is not debadged because I want people to think its a 325 but moreso because it looks better.

At the moment, I'm happy with what I got, and the insurance company is about as close to letting me chuck a 325i in as Paul Holmes was to becoming primetime news leader.

I look to be buying a 2nd car, and will either keep this as my daily driver or turn it into a track car.

I'm all for a healthy mix as long as looks don't come at the expense of performance, like a pod sucking in hot air, heavy chrome wheels, etc, you know what i mean.

At the moment though none are important to me, I'd rather have cash for other things.

I do like performance and looks in equal amounts kind of. slightly leaning towards the looks side of things.

But if i did want a car with excellent performance i.e go fast, I wouldnt want a BMW for it unless it was a M.

performance. i love how my 5 looks fairly standard and it kills fast cars such as gtst and 3.8 commys, they are always suprised.

would love a shitty sigma running a fully worked VR4 4g63t

fast cars such as gtst and 3.8 commys,

since when did a 3.8 Commodore become fast?

since when did you need a diff that could handle more than 110kw?
Since when did Palmerston North have terrorists?

boy races are arnt they? :lol:

im just an older one. esp when i had my old car.

dam, nosie complaints. Most people said my car was too lould. They just didnt understand the concept of having a lould exhaust so you didnt have to talk to the front seat passenger. I just didnt even try talking to the back seat ones.

since when did you need a diff that could handle more than 110kw?
since when was i not allowed to be curious, or do research for a swap that i may do one day?

:bounce:

haha

giveaways?

back on topic....if the title was looks or peformance, it might make it easier.....there's nowhere for people who like going round corners!

does a rollcage count as show or go?