Sign in to follow this  
kento

1990 B12 5.0 Alpina

nice

would probably go alright with two m20's welded together like that

Car is not registered & not able to be registered untill 2010. Frontal Impact laws for imported cars & LHD issues. Also engine does not work. Havn't had a diagnosis yet & car is in storage as a future project to get it going. Most likely it will be an engine rebuild. I have 5 years to get it going!!! I know it will be a massive job but will be worth it to get it on the road. The Car is mint & done 77,500 km's with documents from Japan all looking genuine & condition concurs

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I will need all the encouragement I can get for this project? Anyone got a spare M70 V12 Engine laying around?? It's possible I will need a donor engine for parts to rebuild this beast.

Sorry can't quite work out the posting of a link

Type "The Unofficial Alpina Homepage" & search E32 B12 5.0.

Gives a good description of the car

Great car! Good luck with getting that on the road.

2010, man that's a wait, I couldn't hang out that long. I'd ship it to the UK and use it instead of a rental car.

Yep. Thought of that option too Cain. Imagine driving the AutoBahn's in Germany playing with Porsches.

It is ungoverned & top speed would be over 275kph!!!!!!!!

If you have the balls for that sort of speed!!!

Dreaming though. I've got to get it going first

Vey nice, especially the wheels :wub:

Dunno what your budget is like, but maybe you could lay down 4 grand for the 750 on trade me with no reserve? If its still on there, looks like a clean car.

I think this car, or a car like it was mentioned on here a few months ago and was for sale.

you need yo go here and talk to shogun.......

Nice car,can i rent your wheels for a weekend,i know someone who would be greeeeeeennnn eh martyn!

Yep I've seen Shogun's site with the excellent photo's of the V12 rebuild. Havn't corresponded with him yet but no doubt will when I get serious with this engine.

I gather you guys really like the wheels. They are in amazing original condition. This car has never seen a shingle road in it's life. 265/40 rear & 235/45 front Pirelli's on 10 inch rear 8.5 inch front 17's

They are gorgeous!

i talk to guy who was in auckland who knew the old owner of this car . i think he said the engine was cooked/seized .

nice car was thinking about getting this car when it was for sale . at the same time a fire damaged engine bay 750i was at turners damaged auctions .

should be 365HP (std v12 engine is 300HP).

good luck .

if you find a 750I DONAR CAR i would be interested in pulling it apart and suppyling the motor .

Hi Brent I'd be very interested in any info on the condition of the engine. I'm assuming the worst ie siezed, but if you could give me any leads on the previous owner I'd be most appreciative. The chap I bought it off was a parts dealer in Auckland & he had had the car for a couple of years so I assume this is the previous owner you refer to.

BTW It's 350hp standard for E 32 B12's

I havn't attempted to turn it over at all yet. Will try to do this in the next few months. Basically it's just in storage till I work out what to do.

fcuk just that car! - nice Garage!!!!!!!

Dude,

Very nice, the wait will be well worth it. It looks to be in real nice condition I envy youuu!!!

Me jealous......NO !

That is one beautiful car and if it was registerable I wouldve sold my e38 to have bought it, no question.

I know lots of people in the UK who can help with anything you need on that car Kento, I used to have an e32 750iL with Alpina wheels before I came out here last year.

Give me a shout if you want the info of their website. Erich (Shogun) is a major contributor to it and there are dozens and dozens of e32 owners who can help. I think there is even a B12 owner on the forum too.

I have a few friends who would be willing to buy parts and ship them out if you need that sort of help too.

One thing about the engine though, you HAVE to do everything possible to get it going. To even think about transplanting a standard v12 into that would be enough to make me cry. Alpina did a lot of special things to the standard V12 and it really is a beauty.

Thanks for joining up and keep us informed of how the project goes. Its always been a dream of mine to own one of those...who knows I may even make you an offer if you get it going ;)

Hi Martyn

I appreciate your comments & thanks for the offers of help with parts.

Do not worry about me transplanting a standard M70 V12 into her. I am a confirmed Alpina fan & realize exactly what I have got & will be doing everything in my power to rebuild this engine.

Outwardly the engine looks fine ie No rods sticking thru the block

All I know at present is when you turn the key all the lights light up & everything electrical works but nothing happens when you turn the key to start it. I have drained the Oil & it is water contaminated but not grossly so.

A mechanic friend & I are going to attempt to lubricate it & try to turn it over in the next month. We will see what happens. I am prepared for the worst!!

But at least I will know a bit more what I am going to need. It is basically a 5 year project so I am saving up $'s with a view to doing something serious in a couple of years time

Rest assured the B12 is in a good hands.

If you are ever in Ch Ch contact me. You are obviously an Alpina fan too. I'd be only too happy to show you the car.

BTW I regularly look at the E32 site in UK with lots of input from Shogun. Good info on there for E32 750i's. I will contact him at some stage.

Cheers

Kento

Talk to your freind .If the car has been sitting for a couple of years in this condition i guess the damage has already been done,but I would try to flush any water out,Have you tried taking the spark plugs out and seeing if you can turn it over,check cam timing etc.....I have heard of flushing kerosene through to clear out water etc.I wish you te best of luck it sure looks the part!

Great car... good luck with it !! Certainly a great project !! :thumb: It is going to be a looooong 5 years though !!!!

I have heard of flushing kerosene through to clear out water etc.

Diesel works too.

However, I would be inclined to pull off the sump (and heads, depending on what I found in the sump area) before trying to turn it over especially if it has been standing for a while. By trying to turn it over unseen, you may just destroy some parts that are still salvagable now.

Generally, if a motor is siezed, it is not worth trying to get it running again without opening it up and finding what caused the sieze. Have seen motors totally destroyed doing this...