Sign in to follow this  
BLACK DORIS

Pimped and stuffed

Damn , thats a perfect work car for me ;)

hehe, posted it up for a laugh, didnt think it would come through!

They did truncate the Thanks To part though!

Haha, nice.

Putting Bimmersport on the map like a boss.

I love the 'know it all' comments youre getting from joe public :P

Nice work and well deserved :)

Nice one!

Fuel consumption is over twice when I purchased the car now, but small price to pay to be keeping up with pretty much anything else this side of $40k. Besides, you've got to pay to play.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

amazing the sh*t i come up with when im drunk

something in there about it being similar engine as a McLaren as well LOL

I love the 'know it all' comments youre getting from joe public :P

also had to laugh at "if you were a true fan you'l know its beemer" comments. 'tards

Great job none the less

amazing the sh*t i come up with when im drunk

something in there about it being similar engine as a McLaren as well LOL

Only the Mclaren was X2 S50's in a V shape and more than double the power... apart from that its essentially the same engine!

Is this car a Manual?? Would be interesting to see what it can do down the quarter mile.

It's clear from the comments that this site should be changed to www.beemersport.co.nz . Most likely comments where from informed Nissan March owners :P

Only the Mclaren was X2 S50's in a V shape and more than double the power... apart from that its essentially the same engine!

Is this car a Manual?? Would be interesting to see what it can do down the quarter mile.

yeah haha. I was quite intoxicated when i wrote this, i honestly didnt think it would get published.

Nope car is automatic, its really quick as it is, but a manual should liven it up a lot if the difference between the 4.4L V8 manual versus automatic is anything to go by.

To give you an idea of performance, down the long straight at Taupo coming off the hairpin and back down towards the pits/stands, it was just shy of 200km/h before i had to get back on the brakes again and giving Richards E46 M3 a good run for its money. also dragged my Grandads 2005 911 Convertible (is the rwd version, pretty sure its non-turbo but not sure), away from the lights on christmas day, he was half a car length in front at 140km/h by my calculations before we both backed off because of traffic. I really didnt think it would be like this though, on paper its quite down on power to both the 911 and the M3, but i guess its the tourque thats higher is why? also my touring isn't light by any means, but lighter than a convertible 911. not sure what an M3 weighs.

It's clear from the comments that this site should be changed to www.beemersport.co.nz . Most likely comments where from informed Nissan March owners :P

either that or 318i owners.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Sounds like a legit way of measuring performance, some solid data logged there. My mate had a VR4 back in the day that ran 20 pound boost and he once dragged off Hyundai Scoupe in a school zone, was hard out!

Sounds like a legit way of measuring performance, some solid data logged there. My mate had a VR4 back in the day that ran 20 pound boost and he once dragged off Hyundai Scoupe in a school zone, was hard out!

I have no idea what its putting out at the wheels, and not really someone that cares, especially paying to find out on a dyno. its fun to drive and power when you need it, and its not a racecar, so i dont really care if its quicker or slower than other cars, its quick enough and fun enough for me. only threw down the comparison because you seemed interested.

highly unlikely to get a manual conversion as well, the automatic suits the car better. i didn't choose this engine because i wanted a rev happy racecar, i would have chosen an S50B32, would have been a less time consuming choice and probably around the same cost, and much easier to modify.

For sure, and good on you for doing it, I have a few mates who do conversions and know what's involved!

I remember Lance had his E34 with V12 at Hampton Downs and it went quite well on the straights for a bigger car, was enough to hold a few back.

Was more digging at the "faster than cars this side of 40K" comment and wondering what it meant, if you mean brand new cars then I think you would be spot on, nothing I can think of will keep with it in a straight line!

Looking at your car's power to weight ratio it should it the 100km mark at around 7 seconds on a good run, possibly low 15's on the quarter.

Edited by apex

For sure, and good on you for doing it, I have a few mates who do conversions and know what's involved!

I remember Lance had his E34 with V12 at Hampton Downs and it went quite well on the straights for a bigger car, was enough to hold a few back.

Was more digging at the "faster than cars this side of 40K" comment and wondering what it meant, if you mean brand new cars then I think you would be spot on, nothing I can think of will keep with it in a straight line!

Looking at your car's power to weight ratio it should it the 100km mark at around 7 seconds on a good run, possibly low 15's on the quarter.

ahh i see, like i said, i was intoxicated when i wrote that article. i dont know what the $40k means LOL i think i was meaning like Evo8's and R34s second hand boxters etc.

a stock E34 M5 sedan with a manual box does it in just under 6 seconds according to the know-alls on wikipedia, so 7 sounds about right for my car, is a wee bit heavier being a wagon, and slightly down on power to an S38 but more torque. have never tested it with a stopwatch etc so who knows.

its not quite as quick off the line as other cars like this, i presume because of being an automatic, but once the car is over sort of 30-40km/h it starts to pull hard. acceleration on on ramps or overtaking is excellent etc. brought a 3.9 diff i was thinking about putting in it to give it a bit better accelration, but its sitting on around 1200rpm at 100km/h which doesnt sound like a lot, but its a 5L car..

Also doesnt even notice when your towing a car either. Have had my E30 316i on a car trailer and also towed Lance's E36 325tds and it feels wierd how the car drives exactly the same and seems to accelerate just as quick with all the weight on the back

unfortunately haven't been in an E34 540i to see the difference between that and mine. would like to though.

I remember Brent did some scientific testing on our way home from South Auckland drinks one night and we established the 750I was as quick as a E36 328i Manual in terms of stand still acceleration. The V12 is a kick down king though, from 80-120 it would leave most cars for dead and probably get your car above 250kph with ease.

Does your car have self leveling??

Would make a mean tow car indeed, does your car have the self leveling?

I remember Brent did some scientific testing on our way home from South Auckland drinks one night and we established the 750I was as quick as a E36 328i Manual in terms of stand still acceleration. The V12 is a kick down king though, from 80-120 it would leave most cars for dead and probably get your car above 250kph with ease.

Does your car have self leveling??

Would make a mean tow car indeed, does your car have the self leveling?

nope, XYZ Adjustable coilovers front and back, started life as a 520i so just had standard static type suspension in the back like a normal sedan. otherwise probably would have kept it. the 750iL that donated the engine etc did though, occasionally i get an error code for it come up on the dash because it doesnt exist, but thats the only error i ever get now after sorting everything else out so thats cool cool. need to figure out how thats set up and short the wire out or whatever it is i need to do, but it doesnt really bother me that much.