Sign in to follow this  
skotty

2006 E46? Huh?

Wierdly, it could easily end up registered as a 2006 - Perhaps it was first registered in Japan in 2006 - that's what it's registered as.

There is a 2001 528i motorsport on trademe too. The 528i stopped production when the 530i came out in August 2000, so it certainly wasn't produced in 2001. BMW starts production of August in the year prior.

and yet, My car was registered in Singapore in 2001, but was actually made in november 2000, as a 2001 model year (M54 engine). By the rules above, it would be registered as a 2001 (which would be correct according to BMW). But it's a 2000 on the sticker

There is nothing consistant about the years the cars get registered as, it seems!

Wierdly, it could easily end up registered as a 2006 - Perhaps it was first registered in Japan in 2006 - that's what it's registered as.

There is a 2001 528i motorsport on trademe too. The 528i stopped production when the 530i came out in August 2000, so it certainly wasn't produced in 2001. BMW starts production of August in the year prior.

and yet, My car was registered in Singapore in 2001, but was actually made in november 2000, as a 2001 model year (M54 engine). By the rules above, it would be registered as a 2001 (which would be correct according to BMW). But it's a 2000 on the sticker

There is nothing consistant about the years the cars get registered as, it seems!

Yeah I've got a 2004 E46 Facelift an the front lights on this E46 are totally different to mine.??

Yeah I've got a 2004 E46 Facelift an the front lights on this E46 are totally different to mine.??

Might have a look at it tomorrow and grab the VIN... :)

Well that's really going to suck for the person who buys it thinking they're getting a six or seven year old car then isn't it...

E46 coupe's were made in 2006, as the E92 didnt come out until lateish 2006, and 2007 here in NZ.

just like the E92 is still being made until the 4 series is released.

E46 coupe's were made in 2006, as the E92 didnt come out until lateish 2006, and 2007 here in NZ.

Thanks for the info...

Yours (and mine) is a sedan facelift. This is a coupe.

Sedan prefacelift and coupe prefacelift is different too.

I believe that September is the cut off month that BMW uses for it's changes to models etc. So if a car was produced in September say and takes 5 or 6 month to get shipped to Japan or NZ then has to wait for a buyer before being registered 8, 9 months could go by no trouble. That is why it is always wise to check the vin number to see when it was assembled and then rego'd.

Really? I would have thought they wouldn't tie up a production line car to produce a coupe which didn't match the sedan and wasn't current anymore.

You sure they just don't have excess stock that they use up?

But checking Wikipedia it seems that they did produce the E46 in coupe only form in 2006. :blink:

Edited by NZ BMW

Yep they look particularly good the last of the E46 M sport coupes in the 2005-2006 range.

Easily the pick of the bunch!

yes, we're still able to order E92 for production as well as cabriolet as the 4 series isnt out yet. its not tieing up a production line when you have nothing else to replace it with.

The car sales man gave me this Vin No WBABX92030PN92150 assembled in August 2005.

Edited by allan

Jeeze these new video's for the listings now are terrible.

Yours (and mine) is a sedan facelift. This is a coupe.

Sedan prefacelift and coupe prefacelift is different too.

sh*t your genius to work that one out! lol