Sign in to follow this  
qube

any advice? (trademe scam maybe..)

hello everyone..

near the end of december i purchased a e39 spoiler which was listed on trademe. however, the purchase wasnt completed thought trademe, the seller txtd me after. (the number is his, checked with his listing of a pet dog)

anyways, i paid the money into his bank account using what i believe to be a fake name "Jack Chamberlain"

item was supposedly sent on the 1st? which doesnt make sense to me since it was new years day and all post offices would have been closed.

he told me it was sent via standard post so no tracking number, and that if it was lost it is not his responsibility.

obviously the item hasnt arrived and its been 2 weeks, sending from palmerston OTAGO. it shouldnt take this long.

i have been in contact with him via txt msg and he claims that he did send the item but when i asked for proof like a receipt he said he doesnt have it.

now is there anything i can do?

i am not really concerned if there is nothing i can do, its $55.. i can think of it as a fee to learn a lesson..

but it does annoy me that it is so difficult to trust people anymore..

the guys trademe username is "Jackthesparrow"

jackthesparrow (28 )

100% positive feedback

Member since Apr 2011

Located in Palmerston, Otago

027 8279051

he seems to be wrecking a e39... weird thing is he sold an identical spoiler on trademe afterwards and he edited the description to say "one already sold, this is another one"

or something along those lines.. anyways...

yea... pretty disappointed

hello everyone..

near the end of december i purchased a e39 spoiler which was listed on trademe. however, the purchase wasnt completed thought trademe, the seller txtd me after. (the number is his, checked with his listing of a pet dog)

anyways, i paid the money into his bank account using what i believe to be a fake name "Jack Chamberlain"

item was supposedly sent on the 1st? which doesnt make sense to me since it was new years day and all post offices would have been closed.

he told me it was sent via standard post so no tracking number, and that if it was lost it is not his responsibility.

obviously the item hasnt arrived and its been 2 weeks, sending from palmerston OTAGO. it shouldnt take this long.

i have been in contact with him via txt msg and he claims that he did send the item but when i asked for proof like a receipt he said he doesnt have it.

now is there anything i can do?

i am not really concerned if there is nothing i can do, its $55.. i can think of it as a fee to learn a lesson..

but it does annoy me that it is so difficult to trust people anymore..

the guys trademe username is "Jackthesparrow"

jackthesparrow (28 )

100% positive feedback

Member since Apr 2011

Located in Palmerston, Otago

027 8279051

he seems to be wrecking a e39... weird thing is he sold an identical spoiler on trademe afterwards and he edited the description to say "one already sold, this is another one"

or something along those lines.. anyways...

yea... pretty disappointed

let your feedback tell the story.... if he gives a sh%t about his 100% feedback he will replace.

People on TM seem to be far to soft with feedback, for fear of getting bad feedback by return (which you can now object to).

If you got ripped off (sounds like you did) then say so.

Trade was completed outside of trademe.

All I have is his phone number and bank account number.

That's why you never buy outside of trademe like that.. Should have bought it through trademe atleast.

well the full story is that it was my dad who purchased it, he obviously didnt really have a clue about sth like this happening... so yep. i know it is our fault, just want to know if there is anything that can be done about it.

well the full story is that it was my dad who purchased it, he obviously didnt really have a clue about sth like this happening... so yep. i know it is our fault, just want to know if there is anything that can be done about it.

You could use the questions feature of his other auctions to keep pressure on, but he may blacklist you. I would buy but not complete the sale on another of this auctions as a way of getting to place feedback.

Unfortunately not if you bought outside TM. I made a similar mistake with an eBay seller. The only thing you can do (which I have tirelessly done with the f*cker that ripped me off) is harass them with daily emails. I've been requesting a refund for the best part of a year that I know I'm never going to get, but just knowing that my email probably p*ss the guy off is enough for me!!

im thinking of making a new trademe account and buy everything he lists again and again... >.<

have no way to place bad feedback, and leaving comments in the question section wont do anything unless he answers it, no one will see..

edit: pretty much what etwenty1 said

Edited by QUBE

Unfortunately not if you bought outside TM. I made a similar mistake with an eBay seller. The only thing you can do (which I have tirelessly done with the f*cker that ripped me off) is harass them with daily emails. I've been requesting a refund for the best part of a year that I know I'm never going to get, but just knowing that my email probably p*ss the guy off is enough for me!!

This happened to me too with parts a couple of years ago. I harassed the person and his then girlfriend (it was her PayPal) account to the point where he gave me a refund, I even made some money (about $10) on the FX rate. It's amazing what you can find out about someone in terms of their address, phone numbers etc via the internet. Although it did take the better part of 6 months... <_<

All I'm saying is that Palmerston is a small town...

Another point to note, large items of that size can't be sent without tracking, NZ Post track anything over about foolscap in size. This is to save their bacon, as they insure items up to a certain value also.

Report him to trademe for dealing outside of trademe. He contacted you, and you went along, not thinking about it.

HE initiated the deal outside of trademe.

Has the 2nd one sold? If not, ask him to provide you with that one? IMO his feedback reeks especially with only sub 30 trades, many uncompleted trades and two unhappy people to boot!

I'd estimate only half of bad trades are published in the form of neutral/negative feedback for fear of rebuttal/confrontation.

Can you charge back(reverse) the payment?

Don't be childish with fake trademe accounts.

Well he does list in his other Auction 'you remove the parts' for the e39.. So guessing it wouldn't be too hard to get the address of this guy.

Oh it's that prick.

Where's HT? He bought a set of wheels from him...

He sent me the money, got it in my bank acc waiting for an address for me to go get them... eventually found out that they were not even in Palmerston... had to bank him the cash back... then it took another week or two for him to be able to go and get them.

wasted his time through and through. Just another useless f**k who doesn't know a thing.

It turned out the car wasn't in Palmerston... it was in Waimate.

If i'm wrong, let me know I'll take the 50km trip to Palmerston to kick him in the balls.

Edited by antil33t

Lots of good ideas!

1. If nz post tracks anything of this size. Then clearly he hasn't sent the item.

2. He told me other spoiler has sold and arrived. So there is no reason mine shouldn't. My thought is he just sold the one I payed for and never sent it to me. I mean I don't see how he would have two Oxford green e39 spoilers.

3. I basically just want my money back but I want to kick his ass more. For $55 worth. And my time. But seeing as I'm in Auckland I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

4. If someone wants to hunt him down and get the money back they can keep the $55. Just tell me that u give him a good verbal beating.

:)

I might bullshit the prick and say I'll come and pull the engine out.

lol go for it

btw/ ive put in a complaint through trademe. although we went outside trademe to do the deal, the fact that a member is scamming is not good for trademe so they might do something. will update when i get something.

lol go for it

btw/ ive put in a complaint through trademe. although we went outside trademe to do the deal, the fact that a member is scamming is not good for trademe so they might do something. will update when i get something.

Sounds like fraud..

Lay a complaint with the Police. provide a copy of your bank statement etc showing you deposited the $55 into his account. Provide them with a copy of the txt messages on your phone also stating he posted it on a public holiday.

Provide them a copy of his trademe account showing the mobile number is the same.

Then get the complaint sent down south. If he wants to rip you off the Police can pay him a visit and put the pressure on him to PROVE he hasn't ripped you off.

Don't do anything lowball that can come back to bite you. Just go through the proper channels

Cheers,

Laurence

As Michael/antil33t said, i had dealings with him, he is a real f**king moron. Gives Waimate inbreeds a bad name. So hard to deal with, kept changing pick up cause the car is at his parents and if it didn't suit them even after arranging you'd get Afew hours notice to say it wasnt convenient, even though he knew I was in CHCH and was going to have to drive after finding out he wasn't actually in Palmerston. I had to get pretty blunt with him in the end

Everyone else do yourself a favour

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM!

Gives Waimate inbreeds a bad name.

I'm at Waimate a fair bit as my crib is about 30kms away, and no disrespect but the whole place needs a fence around it & turned into a mental institution. You're stared at & generally left feeling un-welcome. They're dubbed Waimo's

Joke: How do you circumcise a Waimo?

Kick his mum in the jaw.