Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

Stolen AE86 in Christchurch

Buddy's AE86 got stolen from his driveway on 19/1/13 at about 4am from 1/14 Wharenui Road. Upper Riccarton, Christchurch. Its a panda AE86 GTV Trueno with rego: CCA918.

If anyone has seem or has info on this car PM me. Thanks

post-15489-1358752270.jpg

Bugger, will keep an eye out. It's not exactly a common car, wonder what they will do with it :(

Container and send it overseas is my bet :(

A shame, looks like a nice example and is i the most desirable configuration too. I wish him luck finding that.

Bugger, will keep an eye out. It's not exactly a common car, wonder what they will do with it :(

They were when I was a teenager, starting to feel old, you could buy them a dime a dozen, a mint one would run you 4-5k at the most, a rough 1987 AE86 Twin-Cam $500... then they were ignored for a few years and rust happened.

There are still a fair few around though, I know several people who have up to seven of them in storage, they make great Rally cars but are over rated at road cars, you need to spend a bloody fortune to make them as good as what people think they are! Give me a nice M325i any day, much better car!

Will keep an eye out too. I've only seen 2 panda 86's round recently, one resides at the vtnz on Lichfield. I used to have an ae85 notchback. Fully regret selling that.

Thanks guys. Car has been found last night in Aranui... burnt out. Hate car theives!

post-15489-1359775733.jpg

post-15489-1359775737.jpg

post-15489-1359775742.jpg

unreal

i hope it never happens to me!

Insurance?

Why would someone do this to a car...even if they got it for free. Where is all this hate coming from???

Such a shame to see a car meet its end like that. Especially something that is becoming quite hard to find these days and one that someone has put so much effort into. Hope karma catches up with the mongrels that took it

Jesus Christ, that's horrendous!

Insurance or not, I feel for the owner. Those are a great iconic Toyota.

I just can't get over what sort of scum does this sort of thing. What did that stunt achieve exactly??

Argghhhh.. I echo the sentiments of the above posts.

Guys, I think we should do another group buy for GPS trackers. I'm keen for at least one, for when I make the move to a Silvia or something with increased risk of theft

Argghhhh.. I echo the sentiments of the above posts.

Guys, I think we should do another group buy for GPS trackers. I'm keen for at least one, for when I make the move to a Silvia or something with increased risk of theft

good idea. i have mine but somewhere along the way ive lost the simcard tray for it.

It would be gut wrenching for the owner and take a while to get over it. If you have something you care about keep it well locked up and under guard when it is not.

It's hard to fingerprint a burnt out shell.

So spray can paint on it and all the dents are there to remove the fingerprints? I understand the burn part, but why kick and vandalise the sh*t out of it???

Why would someone do this to a car...even if they got it for free. Where is all this hate coming from???

I was up in the Far north one time lining up for ice cream when one of the locals with a rather mint looking HSV, just drives hard up onto the curb at full speed with his mates. Jump out, get some beers then drive off hitting the curbs again and again ..

People who do this sort of thing dont really care about much in life let a lone the car they just stole.

Jesus Christ, that's horrendous!

Insurance or not, I feel for the owner. Those are a great iconic Toyota.

I just can't get over what sort of scum does this sort of thing. What did that stunt achieve exactly??

Yep, so stink.

Even with insurance he will not get back what it is worth nor will get back the hours spent working on the thing.

Wast of what looked like a nice AE86 for what was probably some suspension and wheels.

yea looks like the front suspension is missing. hopefully it might get spotted somewhere.

i would be very very keen for a couple of gps trackers

I use a Track-it system on my cars, its handy to have when you leave your car in the hands of service people also, you can get real time GPS maps on where they are driving and how fast they are going. Also handy when questioning speeding tickets.

http://www.trackit.co.nz/

I should probably start doing some proper research on GPS trackers soon, as there are a plethora of different options. Deal Extreme sell them, so there is the prospect of a discount