Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

Closest thing to a rolls royce? LOL

LOL my Falcon has a nicer interior. And it's miles from a RR!

Mate has one. Seriously think we should have one to replace the wife's 328.

Has tonnes of room.The SRT version will stay with a 760. The Boston Acoutics sound system will put any Hk assisted Bmw sound system to shame. The engine drops to a 4 Cly on the long trips giving 6 cylinder type fuel enonomy. Has a tonne of room. RR no way, but contender for comfy euro replacement. I think so.

There is a black wagon one on 96780456" rims with a massive lip, always parked by the basin in town, does look quite staunch. standard pretty meh. the new 300C looks better

Mate has one. Seriously think we should have one to replace the wife's 328.

Has tonnes of room.The SRT version will stay with a 760. The Boston Acoutics sound system will put any Hk assisted Bmw sound system to shame. The engine drops to a 4 Cly on the long trips giving 6 cylinder type fuel enonomy. Has a tonne of room. RR no way, but contender for comfy euro replacement. I think so.

Are you kidding me??? A 760Li is miles ahead of a cheap chrysler in terms of luxury driving, they're a completely different class of vehicle.

A 300c would only compare to a 3 series.

A 760Li is the closest thing to a RR, they share the same core components. Drive train, chassis etc. A RR is based on a 7 series platform.

Edited by tobytoblerone

LOL my Falcon has a nicer interior. And it's miles from a RR!

+1 and the falcon's interior is pretty shocking.. I sat in the 300c and poked the plastic dashboard, love how it made that china plastic noise & bounced back lol.

Had a couple of RR for wedding cars. The last of the hand built jobs before BMW brought the badge. The RR and 7 series are very nice cars but the 300c is a lot of car for the $$$.

Had a couple of RR for wedding cars. The last of the hand built jobs before BMW brought the badge. The RR and 7 series are very nice cars but the 300c is a lot of car for the $$$.

Yes, but like I said. It has nothing on a 7 series and especially a 760Li. It would definitely have something on a 3 series but even then the 3 series is a great, well established vehicle that is the best in it's class.

Checkout this video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8hxz6_ch...to#.URoPJlrwK0w

The SRT version can be hustled along quite fast in the right hands, ask anyone who has done Targa Tour.

Off topic but that dealership has some nice cars, I went in a month back and they have some nice UK imports, worth a consideration if cross shopping used import cars.

I would put the 300C and the SRT in particular in the same bracket at the HSV / FPVs, great bang for buck, good for a hoon - but sadly lacking in terms of refinement, build quality and long-term enjoyment.

The fact that the one in the advert isn't even a V8, it's the 3.5ltr asthmatic V6.

As for the comparison with a Roller... :blink:

Where are they made? I have owned a few of the Mercedes' that the 300C is based on and loved the ride/drive so im sure the Chrysler is a good car to drive as well when fitted with a decent motor.

Where are they made? I have owned a few of the Mercedes' that the 300C is based on and loved the ride/drive so im sure the Chrysler is a good car to drive as well when fitted with a decent motor.

China, lol. They're based on an old e-class Mercedes. Watch the top gear review of the 300c, link is posted in a previous reply.

China, lol. They're based on an old e-class Mercedes. Watch the top gear review of the 300c, link is posted in a previous reply.

Arent S classes made in China too? 'Shouldn't affect design or quality of a vehicle, spec's and customer demands/expectations affect that.

The Chrysler I would buy for grunt :D, however point made, it shouldn't be compared to a roller.

760iL; I cant count how many problems we used to see on new E65s (some hilarious) years ago when I was at Jerry Clayton, I can even remember the number plates of some that came in they were such frequent visitors! Every car has it's issues.

Arent S classes made in China too? 'Shouldn't affect design or quality of a vehicle, spec's and customer demands/expectations affect that.

The Chrysler I would buy for grunt :D, however point made, it shouldn't be compared to a roller.

760iL; I cant count how many problems we used to see on new E65s (some hilarious) years ago when I was at Jerry Clayton, I can even remember the number plates of some that came in they were such frequent visitors! Every car has it's issues.

Correction, 760Li. 'iL' was dropped after the E38. And yep the E65 did have a lot of problems when new but they were all fixed by dealerships, buying them used is great now as they are a bargain and generally very reliable. I've owned 2 of them now over the last 3 years and never had any issues. But the F01 also has had it's fare share of issues, some more serious than the E65!

I'll be the first to admit that I wouldn't mind one of these further down the track, but the interior is a tad drab for my tastes.

*shrugs*

#FirstWorldProblems

China. Canada. Austria. Presumably all worthy of a lol.

Mate had one of those those problematic e38 740i which was nick named the lemon (brought it new) After two years of break downs and electrical issues it he had enough and replaced the companies other bimmers with falcon turbos and never looked back. Mate with the 300c has owned for 6 years and is yet to have an issue.

Guest Simon*

They are butt ugly these things. I don't care about spec, I couldn't even bring myself to sit in one

When I was 16 a friends dad had one on loan from his rich friend for the school ball... an SRT8 one... f**king fast....

I would buy a 300(new model) Diesel over a falcodore but I don't think I'd own one ever.