Sign in to follow this  
Mr2low

99 523I rebirth

Well it started first try no hesitation at all and idled fine, however lol. The fuel gauge started dropping so I turned it off and when I got out noticed the smell of petrol, under the passenger side there's a damp patch where the 3 pipes go back upto the tank, also a bigger damp patch under where the passengers seat would be. Tomorrows task find source of leak, any ideas would be very handy.

good work . replace loose once only type hose clamps or try retightening them , check the hoses , they shrink/crack etc when sitting around

Well got the underbody panel off that covers the filter and rubber hoses joining the hard lines together, did have a nice big damp patch there, so guessing this is where I have the issue, I'm going to replace all the short joiners with new hose and get a new filter.

also removed and binned the aftermarket hands free kit because it looked ugly as sin, and who knows what it fits.

Edited by Mr2low

well been lazy taking photos and not uploading them, so heres a few just to prove I am doing stuff

head lights used to look like this

post-17370-1362128714.jpg

with 1500,2000,3000 grit sand paper

post-17370-1362128726.jpg

with scratch x on the buffer and then polished

post-17370-1362128735.jpg

now ill be able to see in the dark :ph34r:

post-17370-1362128746.jpg

broken bumper, nothing msport one wont fix :D

after hitting it with every compound I own still left with this, not really the scratches more the damage from sitting for so long and having water sit on the paint then getting baked into the paint

not to worry nothing a full body wet sand wont fix(future plan not urgent)

the other night

20 seconds of running hahaha

Good to see you've got it running again. With the petrol leaks I had a similar problem on my mums car from old rubber hoses starting to crumble away where they honed onto the fixed lines.

i beleive a din 66 would be the absolute minimum required.From memory even my e34 was rated above this

Cool I'll check out on what's recommended was only from memory been 8 years since I worked for repco memory a little hazy could still walk in and pick a Subaru timing belt kit out though

Cool I'll check out on what's recommended was only from memory been 8 years since I worked for repco memory a little hazy could still walk in and pick a Subaru timing belt kit out though

i t will likely be 100s od dollars but having a car of about 1600 kg with a flat battery is no fun at all

Have already had to push it a few times now and it isn't fun would've thought mid 200's for battery though

Yes will be a DIN 66 for your car spec. 88 better though

i beleive a din 66 would be the absolute minimum required.From memory even my e34 was rated above this

Not to be mr negative, but possibly expect a trans failsafe program pop up on the MID in winter. Not enough grunt to activate the trans solanoids and throws a fault. You should really be running a DIN88.

Good stuff on the restore, I need to do this to my headlights :) My give it a crack next weekend.

Cheers saves me looking will do the phone around tomorrow see who has one

Finally got fuel filter and fuel line joiners fitted today not ideal with out a jack lol but got it done(have no idea where my jacks vanished too plus car is missing its) gave battery good charge and she ran fine for 15mins just idling plus a couple of trips up and down the drive way just to make sure brakes work, only interesting thing is odd readout from fuel gauge reckons its got 30l in there ?

well had a major blow today, finally got an answer on my proof of ownership issue. Have to wait for probate to be , then get a letter from the executor of the saying that ownership has been transferred to me then have it witnessed by the courts. Yay may as well get the sedan over and get that running.

Edited by Mr2low

basically waiting for probate to finish, every time its almost all done they find something else to ask and so it drags on 8 months and counting, that will give me all of the paper work vinz needs

tell me about it, mum just sold the house too, im only waiting on two cars shes waiting on a large sum of $$, every time the lawyers need to send a letter, email, phone call the bill grows