Sign in to follow this  
euroriffic

Schmiedmann now in New Zealand

Just noticed that Schmiedmann BMW parts supplier from Denmark is now selling on trademe. Might make things abit easier/ cheaper to get parts from. These are the guys I just got a waterpump and afew other goodies from for the M3, was miles cheaper than anywhere else.

Edited by euroriffic

After pressing a few keys found this list. http://www.search.ask.com/web?l=dis&q=...3Ao%3DAPN10645A

Maybe they have improved?

Thanks for posting that link. Seems like while they may do some things right they are basically a pack a pack of pricks. I ill be avoiding them until I see some consistent improvement regardless of their prices.

I guess everyone has an experience. I take most things on the internet with a grain of salt.

I purchased a strut bar off them last year. They were fabulous.

Excellent communications when I asked to clarify if the part would fit my car. Part turned up really well packed. Exactly as described and I couldn't be happier.

I'd def buy again.

Wow, those guys got a raw deal! But from the other guys on here that have used them have had no troubles. My stuff is currently in transit and should be here on Monday so will see how it turns up.

And atleast with them advertising on trademe if you buy something from them and get screwed I'm sure trademe will be able to help out with issues.

I've used them for a variety of parts. Always been excellent and really cost-effective even with international shipping.

They're really good, I've used them about 5 times now.

I've used them for a variety of parts. Always been excellent and really cost-effective even with international shipping.

I was going to buy a gear knob(weight (180 grams) but they wanted to charge me $50NZD in shipping so I flagged, where as ebay small parts from the UK are only $20-$30NZD for shipping.So I brought the same part from ebay with only $20NZD shipping from Latvia.

Posted Image

Edited by power1212

I was going to buy a gear knob(weight (180 grams) but they wanted to charge me $50NZD in shipping so I flagged, where as ebay small parts from the UK are only $20-$30NZD for shipping.So I brought the same part from ebay with only $20NZD shipping from Latvia.

Posted Image

Fair enough. To tell you the truth I have found the same - that many smaller parts - are cheaper to get from other sources like eBay but Schmiedmann have been great on bigger parts (e.g. door and bumper trim).

Posted Image

Pelicanparts has the same problem... Fuel door hinge and spring for an E34..

$40 USD for shipping!

Hi,

Didn't want to start a war just give information. Lets just wait and see how they preform their is always going to be good and back stories about companies. Do they only trade through Trade me or do they have their own outlet if so were in NZ?.

Hi,

Didn't want to start a war just give information. Lets just wait and see how they preform their is always going to be good and back stories about companies. Do they only trade through Trade me or do they have their own outlet if so were in NZ?.

I assume these guys - http://www.trademe.co.nz/services/trades/a...n-549464136.htm are the agents in New Zealand. I haven't dealt with them personally.