Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

Turner Motorsport OBC flash

Apparently they only work on US/Canadian spec cars :-(

I am pretty sure this is for US Spec only. You might want to email them your DME version to check.

Thought their was a company in Auckland that did performance chips. The pug was about a grand to have done from memory could be mistaken though.

Yeah I've looked into those. $1k is pretty steep for what could only potentially be 10-20crank hp gain.

Plus I'd have to have the time to drive to Auckland to complete which is the biggest pain.

Cheers for the heads up ray I've emailed them to confirm.

Well qudos to turner Motorsport for their customer sevice.

Email with 10mins.

US spec cars only.

Dammit.

Someone please make ecu reflash available to us little wellingtonians.

Yeah I've looked into those. $1k is pretty steep for what could only potentially be 10-20crank hp gain.

Plus I'd have to have the time to drive to Auckland to complete which is the biggest pain.

Cheers for the heads up ray I've emailed them to confirm.

no...they come to you.They did mine on the side of the road at work.Took 10 minutes max.Made a big difference to the lil diesel.How is the issue on the M5? Still bloody tempted to get one

Who where,.... Wait what?

How much did that cost?

The M5 is awesome. I've decided I'm never selling it so I'm on a maximize what you have got kick.

Waiting on replacement MAF units from the US to arrive. I believe they are the cause on my little issue.

Both a scan from BMW and running the MAF test via the OBC confirmed they are not working to potential.

Then I have a hit list of stuff I'd like to do.

A good chip from a reputable source is high on the list. So if you have a contact in Wtgn you can recommend?

Who where,.... Wait what?

How much did that cost?

The M5 is awesome. I've decided I'm never selling it so I'm on a maximize what you have got kick.

Waiting on replacement MAF units from the US to arrive. I believe they are the cause on my little issue.

Both a scan from BMW and running the MAF test via the OBC confirmed they are not working to potential.

Then I have a hit list of stuff I'd like to do.

A good chip from a reputable source is high on the list. So if you have a contact in Wtgn you can recommend?

NZ performance tuning....was 900 bucks i think which i admit is a lot.But it made the lil diesel so much nicer and better too.Big jump i admit between a 120d and a e39 m5 but the potential will be there.I talked to them a lot before i got it done,you may have to wait a wee bit but they come down everynow and then.

I will check my emails n that but i am 99 percent sure that was them

Cheers

These guys can do it for a good price.Epic Motorsports ecu tune for S62

Their email response was:

`Hello Ray,

Yes it will work for an S62 no matter what country it is in. We have done the in Germany, England, Australia, Taiwan, Philippians and sever south American countries. We have various calibrations to best match modifications and fuel grade.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Randy Mueller

14209 SW 139th CT

Miami, FL 33186

305-259-8208 x101

www.epicmotorsports.com`

Edited by HELLBM

Have u had a custom tune for the cab Ray?

Have u had a custom tune for the cab Ray?

Stage 1 tune with Gavin @ Hi-Velocity, will test on Friday at Hampton Downs.

Did you have any results?

Did you have any results?

check my build thread.

I reading a reasonable pickup across the rev range but a particular pickup of 18odd hp around 6400?

That's really good ray.

Was there any other changes through the three runs?

NZ performance tuning has come back with $1300 to tune my car here in welly. A little rough when entire link setup in my Racecar was 2k and that included several hours on the dyno and the actual ecu, not just a reflash.

NZ performance tuning has come back with $1300 to tune my car here in welly. A little rough when entire link setup in my Racecar was 2k and that included several hours on the dyno and the actual ecu, not just a reflash.

Cripes, that's a fair bit. I was thinking for US$350 it would be worth doing for my 528i to improve hp and fuel economy but definitely not at $1300!

But its a BMW and its an m5 .... did I say its a BMW? .. = extra $$$ for the fact.

Gavin is around 900-1000 from last check. This is why people go to him, you're not paying re-coupe costs on the daten files they have to purchase to resolve your DMEs checksums also learning curve. He tunes/trims Vanos to match too which lots of tuners don't touch.

That $1300 also includes warranty and a local wellington service.

Daten files and checksums are already available. Our tooling auto corrects/checks checksums anyway