Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

Any one know more about this E39 M5?

He bought it about 2 months ago for 18k or less off trademe and appears to have hardly driven it if at all. The interior colour is caramel and the car is a south African import with no real service history, the appearance of the car doesn't reflect that it has been well maintained. Last time I saw it the front bumper was cracked etc.

I was a watcher on the last auction, pretty sure the offer was 17k.

i assume this is the same M5, in his other listing.

Posted Image

Didn't go for $22K and he's relisted: http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=583818484

So this has been on TM a few times. Obviously the person selling now bought it from the previous owner who said it was brought from South Africa, from memory. It stuck out because it had some sort of chiller in the rear centre console.

Wondering if anyone has looked at it (either this seller or previous) and has any insight into why a) it's so cheap (and even cheaper when this guy got it) and B) why the current seller wants rid of it so soon after buying?

It's passed a recent WOF but that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Edited by jeffbebe

fast car new wof short shifter kit rear exhaust boxes removed sounds sweet tv goes when it wants to

Great write up.

$22k no reserve, now $24k starting bid.

A full carjam report shows that there is money owing on this car.

My guess is that he is trying to make a quick few grand on it...

$22k no reserve, now $24k starting bid.

Guess there's a fair bit of money oweing then!

That in itselfs no problem

Youd be wanting to have a damn good look at it first tho

I just sold an E39 interior trim set on TM and realised that the user who bought it is the same user that originally sold this car in Hokitika (call me Poirot!). I sent him an email asking about the M5 and he said he grudgingly sold it in February and that there's no money oweing. Apparently the guy who bought it sparked up a ciggie and drove it back home much to the horror of the original seller.

He says the guy is now onselling because the sale of his other car (E39 540) failed to sell. Both are currently listed on TM (and the M5 price has dropped to $21K).

Wonder if he'll withdraw the M5 if the 540 sells... All seems a bit fishy.

A full carjam report shows that there is money owing on this car.

My guess is that he is trying to make a quick few grand on it...

Does the Consumer Info Notice say “There is a security interest registered over this motor vehicle” - apparently that statement indicates whether the car can be repossessed.

I just sold an E39 interior trim set on TM and realised that the user who bought it is the same user that originally sold this car in Hokitika (call me Poirot!). I sent him an email asking about the M5 and he said he grudgingly sold it in February and that there's no money oweing. Apparently the guy who bought it sparked up a ciggie and drove it back home much to the horror of the original seller.

He says the guy is now onselling because the sale of his other car (E39 540) failed to sell. Both are currently listed on TM (and the M5 price has dropped to $21K).

Wonder if he'll withdraw the M5 if the 540 sells... All seems a bit fishy.

Does the Consumer Info Notice say “There is a security interest registered over this motor vehicle†- apparently that statement indicates whether the car can be repossessed.

From the carjam report :

'There is a matched security interest registered for this vehicle. Although, there is a data match, please check carefully the details of the vehicle security (collateral) such as make, model, year of manufacture, plate and VIN and the details of the actual vehicle. Another person or company may seize this vehicle to pay off the debt in case of a genuine match.'

It's definateley been financed. The car jam report has further details that I will not disclose on a public forum. If you want a screen shot of the carjam report I can send to you. If anyone ends up buying this car, make sure you are paying the finance company the amount he owes directly, and not to the owner.

I actually have his home phone number. He won't post up a contact number for anyone to view the car prior to bidding. Reading through his auction feedback, and his piss poor attempts at advertising and answering questions, i'm really put off by wanting to buy the car. If he was easier to deal with then making the trip down to Nelson wouldn't be as bad.

The Finance thing is no problem, instead of paying him for the car, you pay the finance company thus releasing the security, simple, whatever is left over goes to the owner.

If you want the car, go get it checked out!

Stalker thread is stalky.

Posted Image

Guest Simon*

I've bought a car from this seller in the past. He's fine, just a bit old school. Likes powerful cars, turns them over quickly.

I always rang and spoke to him, no texting or TM messages and he was fine to deal with.

My advice, call him and go check out the car. He's pretty likely to negotiate price too from my experience.