Sign in to follow this  
Mutiny

looking for a car owner(e30v8)

hey guys does anyone have any info on the owner of the e30 in chch with the 1uz, he brought my bmw at the start of the year and didnt change the rego and has clocked up some fines in my name, rego plate is e30v8, any help appreciated, thanks

Edited by Mutiny

hey guys does anyone have any info on the owner of the e30 in chch with the 1uz, he brought my bmw at the start of the year and didnt change the rego and has clocked up some fines in my name, rego plate is e30v8, any help appreciated, thanks

report it stolen and when the cop catch up with him ask for your car back.....

report it stolen and when the cop catch up with him ask for your car back.....

Would have been easier to just change the ownership at the beginning :P

Reporting it stolen when you've been paid for the car, means you can be charged and fined, for wasting police time.

I always get all the details I need to change it online into their name - costs under $10, and can be done online in a couple of minutes.

yeah he assured me he would change it as soon as he got home, i know i know, my mistake, seemed like a good trustworthy dude but obliviously not. he changed it into his name about a month ago so reporting stolen isnt a option

he seemed like a genuine dude so im hoping he will cop up the cash

He should get a letter sonner or later saying if he doesn't change ownership he will be charged $500 but I don't know whether he will take notice of it.

He should get a letter sonner or later saying if he doesn't change ownership he will be charged $500 but I don't know whether he will take notice of it.

he has allready changed the car into his name, but it was a little too late

you can write to the police, explain the situtation and get them transferred. youll have to show evidence of when you were paid for the car which will be hard unless you banked the cash etc. have been down this road before, now i do it on the spot on my iPhone

If he has changed the ownership over you could get his name and address from VTNZ it costs like $4

when you sell a car, you also fill out a form called something like "notice by person selling vehicle".

this is basically to show that you have sold the car, with the new owners name address and date of sale and you just pop it in the post box. this protects any issues further down the track with the new owner not registering it under his name until hes racked up a few speed camera tickets, parking tickets, stolen petrol what not.

ive had people who didnt register the car i sold them until a few months later but because i filled out that little form it saved my ass.

hope it works out for u anyway

If he has changed the ownership over you could get his name and address from VTNZ it costs like $4

im pretty sure a bill was passed and that isnt the case anymore

but yeah got paid cash for the car, never banked it etc. fines are with local council so police wont be able to do anything. got no way to prove when i sold it. that's why im hoping hell come clean, i now he has an account on this site. someone on the internet will know him, ill track him down sooner or later

Edited by Mutiny

Notice of person selling/disposing of motor vehicle form (MR13A)

didnt fill out one of these?

i see... what a pain.. hope it gets sorted out soon!

Just de-register it.

Yeah ha this is what I would do. d*ck as thing to do not changing the ownership and leaving fines into someone elses name. Would be a hell of a way of getting them back though..

I went to do it to a van I sold to someone, got a letter about the rego being a couple months out and I had to pay the owing amount, went to de-reg it but eventually found the guy had swapped plates / tags and binned my plates anyway :rolleyes:

as earlier said he has changed the car into his name now but after the fines etc so i cant de reg it

Wait a minute, I thought Riley sold it to will de registered and will had to go through compliance again over december january, so where is Sam in this picture?????

Sam sold Will another car... not E30V8

Topic's served its purpose now .. locking.